PDA

View Full Version : Just got Dawn 78 and Day on Blu-ray...

Kaos
05-Dec-2007, 03:20 AM
Although these flicks are old they are remarkably better in high def than regular DVD's. The detail is excellent, and the colors are more true to film. Not as much 3D effect as say The Fifth Element, but very film-like nonetheless. :thumbsup:

capncnut
05-Dec-2007, 06:54 AM
I have Dawn on Blu Ray but I haven't watched it in detail because I sold my PS3. When I get a new Blu Ray player, I'll be right on it though.

kortick
06-Dec-2007, 04:43 AM
I ve seen a few hi def/ blu ray dvds and they are ok

soon enough everyone will have hi def tvs and hi def players
so there isnt any rush right now

as far as dawn goes, nothing compares
to when I saw it 3 times on the big screen back in 79

you cant beat theater size screen and sound system and
true film stock

Ivarr
06-Dec-2007, 09:21 AM
I have an HDTV but i am holding off of the HD_DVD/Blue Ray thing till they hash it out....

So far HD-DVD seems (to me) to be the better bet... but to each their own.

Either I'm sure has their perks.

I just don't want to make the betamax mistake again.... or the Laserdisk mistake....

Legion2213
06-Dec-2007, 09:49 AM
I have an HDTV but i am holding off of the HD_DVD/Blue Ray thing till they hash it out....

I just don't want to make the betamax mistake again.... or the Laserdisk mistake....

Might be better off with a DVD player that does upscaling for now.

I remember my mate bought a Betamax video with his first ever wage packet...then he continued to buy videos for the next several months....then boom...no more betamax vids...he was highly pissed off!

SymphonicX
06-Dec-2007, 04:15 PM
I would recomment Blu ray - at least in the UK HD DVD is going nowhere fast.

I am probs going for a bybrid player when they come out...not gonna bother with a ps3..

really, really want to see dawn and day in Hi def....I mean...I can't even put it into words....

axlish
06-Dec-2007, 04:51 PM
I have Dawn 78 on Bluray, and nothing to play it on. I own it under the bylaws of Completionist's Rationale.

SymphonicX
06-Dec-2007, 05:13 PM
ahh yes, I had guitar acquisition sydrome at one point....very similar thing but with guitars....

a LOT more expensive!!

Kaos
06-Dec-2007, 08:06 PM

I own both formats, so I have Shaun of the Dead on HD-DVD!

CornishCorpse
09-Dec-2007, 03:46 PM
To the OP, Ive got a ps3 and have yet to by a blue ray would you say its worth investing in this as my first blue ray? Already got it on dvd but is the new quality worth ze price of pruchase?

Mr_Shadow
13-Dec-2007, 06:00 PM
I got Dawn and Day on Blu-ray also, but no Blu-ray player yet LoL

On the back of the Day Blu-ray case it says dolby surround 5.1, pcm 5.1 and ORIGINAL MONO. I know there were a few issues with the dvd release that it was the wrong audio on some parts and wasn't the original. Is this mono track truely the right one?