PDA

View Full Version : Any way to track IP's from MySpace profiles?

MikePizzoff
05-Dec-2007, 11:51 PM
Someone made a fake MySpace account and messaged my girlfriend, telling her this bullshiv story that I'm sleeping with one of her friends and I want to find out who the hell it is. I know some of you are good with computers here; can anybody help me out? I'm friggin furious.

acealive1
06-Dec-2007, 12:15 AM
proof is always a good thing. but people can change their IP addy these days

MikePizzoff
06-Dec-2007, 12:37 AM
I really don't think the person that did this is capable of knowing how to mask their IP. Most of the people we know aren't very bright and whoever stooped to this level is probably a straight up moron.

acealive1
06-Dec-2007, 12:41 AM
I really don't think the person that did this is capable of knowing how to mask their IP. Most of the people we know aren't very bright and whoever stooped to this level is probably a straight up moron.

:lol::lol::lol:

point taken

MaximusIncredulous
06-Dec-2007, 04:51 AM
Someone made a fake MySpace account and messaged my girlfriend, telling her this bullshiv story that I'm sleeping with one of her friends and I want to find out who the hell it is. I know some of you are good with computers here; can anybody help me out? I'm friggin furious.

Even if you could get the IP, you'd probably need a subpoena to get the personal info from that person's ISP.

MikePizzoff
06-Dec-2007, 04:58 AM
Even if you could get the IP, you'd probably need a subpoena to get the personal info from that person's ISP.

Yes, but I could at least get where they are from with the IP addy and narrow it down.

bassman
07-Dec-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't know about the IP, but you can get their personal Email address. That is, if they didn't give a fake one. But I'm pretty sure there's a registration code that myspace sends to you when you sign up. So it may be real...

Dommm
07-Dec-2007, 03:15 PM
realistically you could only track it back to the ISP, possibly to the nearest exchange. All that would really get you and I am assuming this would be someone that knows you and lives local to yo like all the other people that know you. So really this is a dead end... also IP add often change unless if they have a static address.

Though tracking them through there email address might yield more results...

Even better why would your gf believe someone who does not have the guts to come face to face but makes a accusation like this over myspace, this is like common sense if it truly was someone that actully was concerned and believed this to be true would they not confront you or your gf??

Sounds like some nutjob really

Terran
07-Dec-2007, 05:27 PM
Even better why would your gf believe someone who does not have the guts to come face to face but makes a accusation like this over myspace, this is like common sense if it truly was someone that actully was concerned and believed this to be true would they not confront you or your gf??

Maybe the person wants to split them up so they can pick up the gf on the rebound....;) Its genius :evil:

Sounds like some nutjob really

Oh damn you caught me....it was me....:clown:

AcesandEights
07-Dec-2007, 08:10 PM
Was the info something that someone would know only from your personal lives (i.e. not just from your GF's my space profile)? It could just be some nut neither of you know in the real world.

MikePizzoff
08-Dec-2007, 08:32 PM
Maybe the person wants to split them up so they can pick up the gf on the rebound....;) Its genius :evil:

I thought that exact thing.

Terran
08-Dec-2007, 09:01 PM
I thought that exact thing.

we are sociopaths

kortick
08-Dec-2007, 09:15 PM
there are plenty of programs that will tell you
the ip addy and the locaation of the people who visit your page
there are many of them

the only thing is this person would have to hit your page again
after you put up the trackers

he may have killed his page after sending the message

tracking people on myspace is easy
he gotta do it again when you are loaded with tracking accessories

try this site for example
http://www.profilesnitch.com/

DubiousComforts
08-Dec-2007, 09:26 PM

This myspace tracker works: HitsLink (http://www.hitslink.com/)

Have your girlfriend sign up, place the code somewhere in her MySpace profile and then entice the suspect into visiting the page. Unless he's bright enough to use a web proxy, you'll have a good idea where he's located.

Btw, what's a "fake Myspace account" and what's to stop you or another friend from creating the same in order to smoke this person out? ;)

MikePizzoff
10-Dec-2007, 07:48 AM
Thanks a lot, guys. I'll let you know the results I come up with.