PDA

View Full Version : Another shooting...

Neil
06-Dec-2007, 08:07 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315342,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7129906.stm

bassman
06-Dec-2007, 11:36 AM
This is ALL that was on the news last night. I tried getting some local news for here in Atlanta, Georgia, but instead all they friggin talked about was Omaha, Nebraska.:confused:

That's not to say that it doesn't matter, though. It's a sad thing. Too bad it happens here in the states at least once every 2 months.:dead:

Yojimbo
06-Dec-2007, 08:41 PM
Whatever happened to the concept of infamy? Somewhere along the line, society got this mixed up and all the kids seem to want these days is to be famous by any means necessary.

ProfessorChaos
06-Dec-2007, 09:25 PM
as much as i hate the idea of gun control and people raping the bill of rights, this dude (and all the other whitman wannabes) is the only reason arguments of that sort ever get brought up.

what a fu(king waste of flesh. wonder what they'll end up blaming this one on....gta4 isn't even out for like another four months.

Neil
06-Dec-2007, 09:47 PM
this dude (and all the other whitman wannabes) is the only reason arguments of that sort ever get brought up.

...well that and the 30,000 gun related deaths each year :rolleyes:

DubiousComforts
06-Dec-2007, 11:22 PM
Whatever happened to the concept of infamy?
Dude, it's a good bet that the current generation can't even spell it, let alone tell the difference between infamy and fame. Britney Spears and Paris Hilton sure as heck can't.

SRP76
06-Dec-2007, 11:36 PM
what a fu(king waste of flesh. wonder what they'll end up blaming this one on....gta4 isn't even out for like another four months.

As soon as I saw this on the news, I figured someone would sooner or later try to blame Dawn of the Dead, and get the families of the victims to try to sue Romero.

"Oh, he had to get the idea of shooting up a mall from somewhere! What movie can we find that has people shooting up a mall....?"

Vultures.

Neil
07-Dec-2007, 10:26 AM
As soon as I saw this on the news, I figured someone would sooner or later try to blame Dawn of the Dead, and get the families of the victims to try to sue Romero.

"Oh, he had to get the idea of shooting up a mall from somewhere! What movie can we find that has people shooting up a mall....?"

Vultures.

Hang on, are you saying the media are playing the 'Dawn of the Dead' card?

SRP76
07-Dec-2007, 09:58 PM
Hang on, are you saying the media are playing the 'Dawn of the Dead' card?

Not yet (that I know about, anyway). I'm just thinking that it's only a matter of time, though. They ALWAYS try to find something to blame other than the killer.