PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter IV - its 2D, but its 3D (...wha?)

CoinReturn
06-Dec-2007, 08:58 PM
(copied from another forum)
http://torchthebridge.com/grayman/pics/games/SF%20IV%20Ryu.jpg

Some tidbits :
-2d Gameplay
-3d graphics that look like drawn art
-6 button control scheme
-No systems announced
-Capcom Japan developed

Numbers are supposed to be impressive, right? Well, it's been 10 years, two hardware generations, and about seventeen thousand rumors since the last pure number Street Fighter came around. And today we have the first ever official details on Street Fighter IV.

We don't blame you if your eyes have already skipped down to the screenshot lower on the page (yes, that's from the game engine). Take your time. But we've got some information as well, so the rest of this is probably worth reading when you get a chance.

Though the screenshot doesn't answer this question outright, we can confirm that the game's graphics are polygonal but the gameplay is strictly 2D. There will be new moves, locations, and gameplay features, while the standard six button control scheme remains. Ryu and Ken return along with Chun-Li and Dhalsim, but beyond that the character roster is a mystery. And then there's the issue of what platform(s) the game will end up on, which at this point Capcom is keeping close to its chest (if you search 1UP's database, you'll find listings for arcade, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, but those are just guesses based on the graphical quality).

For the full reveal of the game -- including hands-on impressions, a rundown of the new gameplay system, and loads of details on new features -- look for the January 2008 issue of EGM in stores soon and hitting subscribers any day now. And then after you check the issue out, keep your eye on 1UP's Street Fighter IV hub page for ongoing coverage continuing into January.

Anyway, are you still reading this? Didn't you see the screenshot above? Click it and look at the larger version! All your friends are doing it...

ProfessorChaos
06-Dec-2007, 09:22 PM
can't say that i'm too excited about this one...or even interested. lost interest in this series (and most fighting games) back when they did "super street fighter alpha turbo 2" or whatever slew of retarded adjectives they were tossing in the title to make the game seem new.

still looks like the same tired crap if you ask me.

just my opinion, though.

slickwilly13
07-Dec-2007, 12:14 AM
Hell yeah, finally a screen shot! I have been waiting years for another one. Here's the first trailer.

MZP3WYiOncI

acealive1
07-Dec-2007, 12:22 AM
can't say that i'm too excited about this one...or even interested. lost interest in this series (and most fighting games) back when they did "super street fighter alpha turbo 2" or whatever slew of retarded adjectives they were tossing in the title to make the game seem new.

still looks like the same tired crap if you ask me.

just my opinion, though.

:lol::lol::lol:

Danny
07-Dec-2007, 06:15 AM
i agree with the prof im about 10 years from giving a crap.

Terran
07-Dec-2007, 05:41 PM
what a horrible trailer

CoinReturn
07-Dec-2007, 05:50 PM
Man, you guys are crazy. Street Fighter 3 and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 were some of the most fun videogames I've had the pleasure of playing. Capcom has been on a roll lately with great titles (Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Devil Mary Cry 4), so I've got no doubts that this will be one of the definitive fighters for this generation of consoles.

I suppose there just aren't very many fighting game fans left.

ProfessorChaos
07-Dec-2007, 08:18 PM
i don't know, man, but nothings changed on this game...not even the characters' outfits...for over ten years. this (and every other fighting) game just doesn't appeal to me at all.

i used to love sf2, mortal kombat, tekken, and all that jazz back in the day, but these days they just bore me silly.

Danny
07-Dec-2007, 08:43 PM
:annoyed: its been the same game for fifteen.****ing.years.

and brace the fanboys but ITS NOT ACTUALLY VERY GOOD. its one of those games that just becuase its retro its untouchably awesome for some unspoken reason but theres allways been better beatem ups its just had some kind of seniority for some reason i cant fathom, i want to have fun, not keep pausing to look at a list of strings of button combos.

YEAH, I SAID IT!, IM DONE.

Terran
07-Dec-2007, 08:54 PM
Powerstone was cool

and Super Smash Brothers....

and Soul Caliber

Those are far better fighting games

Danny
07-Dec-2007, 08:57 PM
smash bros is THE fighting game.:sneaky:

slickwilly13
08-Dec-2007, 03:46 PM
I find SSB over-rated. Yeah, I said it. Btw, speaking of fighting. Hellsing, who are those 2 guys in your avatar? For some reason I want to beat them up. Maybe its the hair or the looks on their faces. I'm just drawn into harming them.

Danny
08-Dec-2007, 11:41 PM
how dare you sir!, that is rudy vandersario, jazz fusion guitarist adn leader of the psychadelic monks and his bongo brother, spider dijjon, the man with 8 penis'.

CornishCorpse
09-Dec-2007, 03:34 PM
SSB is good but Im pushing Tekken or Mortal Kombat for best fighting game (Watched the MK movie the other night, retro awesome ). I like the look of this its something new and alot of fighting games are looking very similair although tekken 6 looks like its gonna put a smile on my face but bah yet another ps3 game pushed back into the overflowing ps3 games next year. Still Im screwed for christmas.

Is this for ps3 and 360?

slickwilly13
09-Dec-2007, 03:44 PM
Who? So, he has a penis the same size as me. Big deal. I still want to beat them 2 up. :lol:

Cornish, its going to be an aracde game in Japan, first. No word on home consoles.

CornishCorpse
09-Dec-2007, 04:09 PM
Okay ty Slick and http://youtube.com/watch?v=XZIuNG-fJac&feature=related, thats Rudy and Spider! Rudy with ze door in his head. Its all from the mighty boosh, an amazing surrealist british tv series

slickwilly13
09-Dec-2007, 06:09 PM
Dude, what the hell did I just watch? That was strange...:confused:

slickwilly13
28-May-2008, 04:04 PM
This is no surprise. It is anounced for home consoles and pc.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6191599.html