PDA

View Full Version : When it comes to movies..

Tricky
12-Dec-2007, 09:34 AM
Do you actually care who's in them?personally i dont,if a film is full of unknowns & is good i like it even more!i know there are a lot of people who will watch a ****e film purely because it has some "star" in it.The only time i take notice of who is in a film prior to watching it is as an indicator it will be crap i.e. steven seagal,jean-claude van damme,dolph lundgren,adam sandler etc...

bassman
12-Dec-2007, 12:07 PM
I look more at the writer and director rather than the actors. Sometimes a good actor might make me slightly more willing to see the flick but not just because they're in it, but because they're great actors that normally choose good projects(Edward Norton, Christian Bale, Etc.)

I do know the kind of people you're talking about, though. "Ohhh Tom Cruise is in this. He's CRAZZZYYYY.....let's go see it":rolleyes:

jdog
13-Dec-2007, 03:52 AM
i try to stay away from films with lots of big stars in them unless i like the director or the story

SRP76
13-Dec-2007, 04:30 AM
The cast means nothing to me, in original movies (which are a dying breed).

The only time it matters to me is when they are going by some source material. I expect the actors to at least somewhat resemble the originals.

For instance, I wouldn't be a big fan of Chris Rock playing Conan the Barbarian.

clanglee
13-Dec-2007, 05:35 AM
For instance, I wouldn't be a big fan of Chris Rock playing Conan the Barbarian.

Oh but I would!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually there are some movies that I would never normally watch, but since they have actors that I like, I would give them a chance. But usually its the story and or director that pulls me in.

Legion2213
13-Dec-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm with SRP76, I don't care who stars, who directs or who does the score. I will decide if I like a movie after watching it.

I actually felt a bit peeved that Will Smith was to star in "I am Legend", but after watching a few clips, I am looking forward to it.

I suppose the old saying "never judge a book by it's cover" applies to movies as well.

Oh, and a big fat "NO" to Chris Rock playing Conan...we all have our limits!!! :D

SRP76
13-Dec-2007, 05:54 AM
Chris would have to hit the gym VERY hard to prepare for that role, I'm afraid.

That, or hang out with Barry Bonds for awhile.

clanglee
13-Dec-2007, 06:12 AM
But it's Conan the Crackhead!!! He could do the whole pookie thing again!!!

Skippy911sc
13-Dec-2007, 03:40 PM
I only watch movies with Tom Cruise... ;)

MontagMOI
13-Dec-2007, 03:54 PM
I'll watch anything with Will Smith in it. Especially if it's a vat of boiling oil :p

DeadJonas190
17-Dec-2007, 06:41 AM
I'll watch almost any movie, but sometimes I will grab a movie to rent based on who is in it. At the blockbuster I work at, we get a lot of small releases that are pretty good with unknown actors in them.

Basically if I read the back of the moive and it sounds good I'll rent it. If I see a movie trailer and it looks good I will go to the movies to see it. If I like a certain director I will go see their movie.

But like you said, sometimes I will not watch a movie based on who is in it. I tend to not watch movies if they have rappers in them (except Mos Def, he was an actor first and is a pretty good actor). I rented Home of the Brave and didn't watch it because after grabbing it I noticed that it has 50 Cent in it... and I can't stand him. I also quit watching Steven Segal movies years ago.

I also won't watch anything with James Vanderbeek becuase he was a jerk to a friend of mine who audtioned for a part on Dawsons Creek. I know it's kind of dumb, but I don't care... Well, there are two exceptions to that rule, James Vanderbeek was in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and I love Kevin Smith movies so I set that rule to the side and also he voiced a character in Laputa aka Castles in the Sky and I am a huge Hayao Miyazaki fan.