View Full Version : firefox help

mista_mo
12-Dec-2007, 07:49 PM
# The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

# If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

# If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

i get this message when i open it. Now, i am trying firefox out because it is supposidly easier to use and manage, and an overall better browser then IE, but if it is screwing up right away, well whats the point. Any firefox users out there have and or had this problem before?

I am obviusly connected to the net, and i checked the firewall allready.

MikePizzoff
12-Dec-2007, 08:41 PM
I've been a Firefox user/supporter for many years and have never had problems like that unless either:

A) My internet was down.

B) The website was down.

Obviously, neither of these are the case for you so I don't know why it's not working.

The claims are true; it IS far superior to IE so I hope you can get it to work.

acealive1
12-Dec-2007, 08:59 PM
I've been a Firefox user/supporter for many years and have never had problems like that unless either:

A) My internet was down.

B) The website was down.

Obviously, neither of these are the case for you so I don't know why it's not working.

The claims are true; it IS far superior to IE so I hope you can get it to work.

amen. its a lot safer too

MikePizzoff
12-Dec-2007, 09:03 PM
amen. its a lot safer too

Off topic but I've always wanted to ask you...

That's not the real KISS you got a picture with in your sig, is it? If so... you lucky bastard!

What's your favorite album? For me, it's a tie between KISS and Hotter Than Hell.

Legion2213
12-Dec-2007, 10:20 PM
This happens to me when I update it....

I go into my firewall controls, delete all firefox entries then hit the firefox tab, which brings up the "permision" tabs so I can authorize it again.

Hope this helps.

acealive1
12-Dec-2007, 11:03 PM
Off topic but I've always wanted to ask you...

That's not the real KISS you got a picture with in your sig, is it? If so... you lucky bastard!

What's your favorite album? For me, it's a tie between KISS and Hotter Than Hell.

:lol::lol:

yes sir,it is. i've gotten a lot of flack form people saying "oh its not really them" but they distinctly remember me disappearing for three days around my birthday though.

i was nervous as hell in that picture. my favorite album is the original creatures of the night

mista_mo
13-Dec-2007, 01:32 PM
legion,

do you mean firewall controls from control panel, or is there a seperate section in the firefox broswer itself?

sorry, but i really have no idea what i'm doing with the program. I have windows vista, so maybe that could be a deciding factor...

Skippy911sc
13-Dec-2007, 03:20 PM
I was having a few issues gaining access to a few websites so I made this adjustment...don't know if this will help ya but it helped me...

in FF click on tools
then click options under tools
then click the advanced tab
under network click setting in connection
then check the Tab for auto detect proxy.

This helped me get into a few different sites that FF would not open.

Legion2213
13-Dec-2007, 03:49 PM
legion,

do you mean firewall controls from control panel, or is there a seperate section in the firefox broswer itself?

sorry, but i really have no idea what i'm doing with the program. I have windows vista, so maybe that could be a deciding factor...

MM, I'm not using my Vista Firewall, I use the one that came with my Norton Internet Security Suite.

If you are using the Win Vista one, try this

Go into your windows firewall (through your control panel)

click the "allow a program" option and add your FF browser to it.

Hopefully, somebody with a bit more knowledge than me can help you out if this doesn't work.

Edit: I've never had to tamper with any FF options

Andy
13-Dec-2007, 04:08 PM
the best firefox tip i can give you is AVOID. use internet explorer instead :p

Legion2213
14-Dec-2007, 05:51 PM
the best firefox tip i can give you is AVOID. use internet explorer instead :p

Another wierdo like me who actually favours IE7 over FireFox. :D

Hows it goin' Mista Mo? Any joy yet?

Andy
14-Dec-2007, 10:26 PM
Another wierdo like me who actually favours IE7 over FireFox. :D

Hows it goin' Mista Mo? Any joy yet?

Ive never liked firefox man, not since the early days... im forced to use it for modding purposes (make sure stuff i create is ok in firefox) but i generally use IE7 more.. what can i say... FF just feels tacky.. like going out for a cheap kabab shop burger when you got prime steak at home.

MikePizzoff
14-Dec-2007, 11:29 PM
FF just feels tacky.. like going out for a cheap kabab shop burger when you got prime steak at home.

That's kind of funny because I feel it's reversed. Seeing has how Firefox has a far superior built-in ad-blocker as well as way better anti-virus.

I've always had problems with IE (especially when gracing pr0n)... but hardly any with Firefox.

Andy
14-Dec-2007, 11:45 PM
That's kind of funny because I feel it's reversed. Seeing has how Firefox has a far superior built-in ad-blocker as well as way better anti-virus.

I've always had problems with IE (especially when gracing pr0n)... but hardly any with Firefox.
The google toolbar ad blocker is the best one around and i have a seperate anti-virus program.

i have never had any problems with IE, i just dont like the look or feel or firefox, like i said, it feels tacky.