PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rider images...

Neil
13-Dec-2007, 09:07 AM
...some images of the press conference...

That car just doesn't do it for me :rockbrow:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35036

ProfessorChaos
13-Dec-2007, 09:37 AM
wtf....a mustang instead of a trans am!?!?:barf:

MinionZombie
13-Dec-2007, 10:10 AM
The original KITT looked like something special, like something you couldn't just buy at a store - now there it's just a Mustang.

Now Mustangs are cool and all, but I really don't think it's a proper fit for KITT...seems more like really blatant product placement. It doesn't look tricked out or anything, where's the red "woop woop" light thing. It's just a normal looking Mustang, I mean come on...you don't just take a car and write "Knight Rider" on it. :rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
13-Dec-2007, 11:13 AM
Don't hate on the Mustang... It is the best choice for the new Knight Rider car. Pontiac no longer makes the Trans Am, the new Camaro has none of the qualities of what the Knight Rider car should be so the Mustang is the next logical choice. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If the show is a hit this will make Mustang Sales Jump, and keep the car alive for many more years.

More pics here... http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/KITTKnightRiderMustang/

KITT Has a Holgram dashboard. NICE!

Skippy911sc
13-Dec-2007, 03:38 PM
Looks cheezy but cool!

Legion2213
13-Dec-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm not seeing any Cylon style "red eye" on this new pretender. :mad:

Original is Best!

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/uploaded_images/kitt-757577.jpg

capncnut
13-Dec-2007, 05:41 PM
Why are they doing this? WHY?

MinionZombie
13-Dec-2007, 05:48 PM
Okay, in this pic it looks sweet:

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/KITTKnightRiderMustang/1000316122

The KITT car just needs to look more badass than a normal car you can actually buy, it has to look unattainable.

Neil
13-Dec-2007, 06:15 PM
They should use my car! It looks more like KITT than that new thing! Just put a cylon light on the front and we're off!!

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/about/webm_200.jpg

DjfunkmasterG
13-Dec-2007, 10:29 PM
KITT is an American made car... Sorry Neil. So the production was smart to use the Mustang since Pontiac had their asses handed to them by Mustang sales. I think the new KITT is awesome, and I won't hate on the show because of the car. In Knight Riders final seasons the Firebird was being all tricked out for Super Pursuit mode and it looked awful. At least the only did minor mods to the Shelby GT 500. The nice part is I bet ford will make a Shelby GT 500 KR edition and that would rock nuts. Pontiac never jumped on the shows bandwagon and offered a Replice car and they should have there was a huge demand for them.

My gripe with the new Knight Rider is the back story of the new Michael. Iraq War vet in conflict... WTF? At least the car looks to be the best thing about the show. the only other saving grace is the fact Doug Liman is a producer, and the guy directing has worked on some of the decent shows currently on TV (CSI, The Wire, Dexter, Big Love)

ProfessorChaos
13-Dec-2007, 11:43 PM
when i bought my black trans am (94, six-speed, leather, t-tops, perfect for a remake of knight rider, if i may add), i almost bought an older model like the one in the show that had been converted....that'd been pretty cool.

last i heard, though, gm is reproducing the trans am....here's a concept pic:

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8260/transamalr7.jpg

this'd be a great way to re-introduce the line.....and way better looking than a mustang....no offense, dj.;)

axlish
14-Dec-2007, 01:28 AM

That looks sweet! I may have to reconsider purchasing the new Challenger...

http://www.dodge.com/shared/2008/challenger/gallery/images/ext/enlarged/ex_bg_02.jpg

ProfessorChaos
14-Dec-2007, 01:34 AM
very nice...but i'd go with the ta.

DeadJonas190
14-Dec-2007, 03:24 AM
It doesn't look tricked out or anything, where's the red "woop woop" light thing. It's just a normal looking Mustang, I mean come on...you don't just take a car and write "Knight Rider" on it. :rolleyes:

It has the red light, it is up under the air scoops. Look at the pics that were posted in the post just under yours.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Dec-2007, 10:03 AM
when i bought my black trans am (94, six-speed, leather, t-tops, perfect for a remake of knight rider, if i may add), i almost bought an older model like the one in the show that had been converted....that'd been pretty cool.

last i heard, though, gm is reproducing the trans am....here's a concept pic:

this'd be a great way to re-introduce the line.....and way better looking than a mustang....no offense, dj.;)

I like the look of that car, but lets face facts. The only reason the challenger, camaro and firebird are making a comeback is because of the retro 2005-2007 Mustang. Ford led the pack the rest are just following. :lol:

MinionZombie
14-Dec-2007, 10:38 AM
Although, the Rousch (or however you spell it) is a better new-Mustang than the Shelby, which didn't change the brakes and suspension...the Rousch version did and ended up being faster round a track as well as a better special edition by comparison. (Indeed, I'm referencing "Top Gear" :))

But whatever and all that, any Mustang is just cool. Gotta be in black though I say, or some kind of really funky blue...but black always first.

Skippy911sc
14-Dec-2007, 02:16 PM
The scoops have the moving red "cylon" eye in them.

This is from a friend that works for ford.

bassman
07-Feb-2008, 07:19 PM
And who will be the voice of the new KITT?

(drumroll please)

Val f*cking Kilmer??? Seriously (http://joblo.com/kilmer-does-kitt)?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviews/sg1/heat_images/val-kilmer_bw5_small.jpg

SoCalLoco
07-Feb-2008, 08:09 PM
Knight Rider version 2.0, are you kidding?

That's one show that needs to stay dead. I don't give a damn what make and model of car Kit is.

MinionZombie
07-Feb-2008, 08:40 PM
WHAT?!

How can you replace the guy who played Feeney in Boy Meets World with Val Kilmer in the role of a talking car?!

Come on, Val, you can do better than that can't ya? ... I mean - Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang anybody? That movie was f*ckin' awesome!

Now as a talking car ... dude. :p

bassman
07-Feb-2008, 08:53 PM
Come on, Val, you can do better than that can't ya? ... I mean - Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang anybody? That movie was f*ckin' awesome!

I absolutely love that movie. Damn near perfect comedy/action/mystery film.

"Talking monkey, yeah. Came here from the future. Ugly sucker. Only says ficus. "
:lol:

Too many great one liners in that flick...

capncnut
07-Feb-2008, 11:51 PM
Kilmer was BOSS in The Salton Sea.

SoCalLoco
08-Feb-2008, 05:11 PM
Kilmer was BOSS in The Salton Sea.

GREAT performance and GREAT film.

bassman
13-Feb-2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah....I'm pretty certain that this show will fail. Check out these clips.:dead:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4306&Itemid=99

ZombiePrototype
14-Feb-2008, 01:51 AM
I don't know if it is just me or does this look like a 2 hour long commercial for Ford.

Neil
15-Feb-2008, 09:27 AM
Val Kilmer = expensive, known and possibly difficult to get hold of in the future?

VERY odd choice!

Terran
15-Feb-2008, 10:56 AM
I am a fan of Kilmer.....fans of his may hate this comparision...but I think its valid......

I think Val Kilmer is a lot like Rutger Hauer....both are really fantastic actors... who unfortunately for various reasons did numerous horrible movies....and these horrible movies overal seem to undermine their fantastic performances.....their legacy essentially only remains in select groups....

Im not sure if this comparision seems outlandish or not ...so Ill try to give some examples....because really I think both of these people are actually really great actors.....

Val Kilmer greats....

Tomestone.....as lame as a movie it is(user preference) I think its undeniable that Kilmers portrayal of Doc Holiday is amazing....its rebelliouslly romantic, misanthropic, noble, and genuine or any other sort of words one wants to attach to it...I mean really... for lack of words I would prefer to watch this movie edited to just include the scenes with Kilmer....

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang......I was looking forward to a Kilmer revival with this one....perfectly cast for the role...Not a great stretch artistically as an actor....but if he wasnt believable he couldve easily ruined the movie.....

I havent seen "The Doors"....I was once told it was good....but I dont trust the source of this....

Val Kilmer "Funs"....

Ghost in the Darkness.....nothing particularly great about this movie but it was fun....and he was believable as one could be in this sort of movie....important to mention only because he was the main character in a movie that after time still has an audience....Fits the genre I call "a pointless classic"....This is a genre that I lablel movies that do not do anything revolutionary for their genre or cinema in general, but remain memorable and entertaining despite the passing years.....(Krull is " a pointless classic" :D )

Island of Dr Moreau.....I know what your thinking...."Terran is retarded".... but ultimately I like this movie.....I probally hate the same things most people hate about this movie....but I dunno....throughout this movie I get a few nagging feelings of intelligence....either in portrayal....or in the writing....either way I feel there are things to enjoy that are valid so I felt this movie was worth mentioning....

Heat.....DeNerio and especially Pacino were bad in this movie....but Kilmer was great

Thunderheart....not a movie that gets noticed often....but I caught it recently on Encore...and its a really cool movie...in its own way I guess...

Willow....Not much to say about this....perhaps its only redeemable because of my generation....Id like to think I would still enjoy this movie equally if I saw it today....but who knows....Kilmer plays a great comic antihero....

If Kilmer just did these movies he might be remembered as a great who ended his career too soon.....the only probelm is that he littered his career with horrible movies....I dont fault him for it though....he needs to make money I gather....*shrugs*

Batman Forever :barf:
Spartan
The Saint?....Please!!!
Mindhunters
Red Planet (better than Mission to Mars...but still basically bad)
Top Gun!!!
Alexander!!!

etc etc....Im sure I missed some....

Likewise Rutger....(although I feel he bit more of the typcasted bullet since when he was in his prime there was only two types of movies....hollywood funded...and "cult" movies"...Think he couldnt find many independent flicks during his prime)

Greats:
Bladerunner.....I mean comeon... ask yourself who displayed more range in their characters...Roy Batty or Deckard.....Personally if i was a director involved with casting and I just watched bladerunner as if it were made today I would approach Hauer for a staring role and not Ford.....Though he does have a particular look that could limit his believable roles.....

Soldier of Orange......(subtitled) a great hardly watched WII movie ...

Eureka....reminds me of Lynch movies....Gene Hackman costars....

Hauer Fun Movies:

The Hitcher.....I almost put this in greats.....I mean come on...when the original came out it was "balls to the walls" "this is ****ed up"

Sin City (hardly counts cause small role)
LadyHawke (probally biased given when I saw it)

Flesh and Blood (I think this is the first rated R movie I saw....so I might be particularly biased towards this movie....Im still evaluating how the various aspects of this movie may have "harmed" me...this is one of three that I think were my first R movies....Its either Platoon, Flesh and Blood, or some documentary about the Holocaust)

The Blood Of Heroes.....yeah...its kindof lame....but it terms of lame movies its only particially lame....

Escape from Sobibor ....I havent yet seen it...but Ive heard its good....

Bad movies:.....Need I even start ....hes had way more time to accumulate crap than Kilmer has....the only difference is that Hauer has been around much longer to accumulate such damagining crap.......

Oh wait...I lost track of the subject....Knightrider remake.....gonna suck whoever they get....

DjfunkmasterG
15-Feb-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't know if it is just me or does this look like a 2 hour long commercial for Ford.

The same was said about Transformers... a 2+ hour GM commercial.

Neil
15-Feb-2008, 12:05 PM
The same was said about Transformers... a 2+ hour GM commercial.

I strangely enjoyed Transformers. Shame the needless juvenile titillation stuff wasn't instead a bit of intelligent character building...

But huge robots jumping about... Who can't enjoy that :)

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2008, 12:08 PM
I thought there was plenty of character stuff, or at least with the Sam character anyway. I really enjoyed the whole "boy's first car" angle.

Funny you should mention Transformers, I just got my free copy from Total Film today (for a letter printed a while back) and have just finished watching the extras. Now, I'm not a Transformers guy at all, never watched the show or had the toys, but I enjoyed the heck out of the Michael Bay movie.

Neil
15-Feb-2008, 12:22 PM
I thought there was plenty of character stuff, or at least with the Sam character anyway. I really enjoyed the whole "boy's first car" angle.

Funny you should mention Transformers, I just got my free copy from Total Film today (for a letter printed a while back) and have just finished watching the extras. Now, I'm not a Transformers guy at all, never watched the show or had the toys, but I enjoyed the heck out of the Michael Bay movie.

Be interesting to see where the sequel goes...

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2008, 05:33 PM
Up Megan Fox's skirt? :p

bassman
15-Feb-2008, 06:08 PM

Apparently it's already written and Pre-viz is almost done. And according to Shia LaBeouf's conversation with Michael Bay, it's MUCH MUCH larger than the first film...

I was surprised by Transformers. I didn't think I would like it, but if you watch it for what it is, it's a good mindless way to be entertained for a few hours. Plus John Tuturro makes anything great.