PDA

View Full Version : Any baseball fans out there?

major jay
13-Dec-2007, 10:01 PM
Do you think Roger Clemen's drug use (allegedly) will be viewed by society with the same level of disgust as Barry Bond's drug use (allegedly)?

ProfessorChaos
13-Dec-2007, 11:47 PM
not too sure....clemens doesn't come off the same pompous way that bonds does. but i still think that something needs to be done about the epidemic of 'roids in sports, primarily baseball.

the st. louis cardinals are my favorite team, always have been, and i am pretty ashamed of mcguire's blatant lies about his use of performance enhancing substances. and as much as i like to watch him knock 'em outta the park, i'm not so sure that pujols is playing fairly either.:shifty: just look at the dude's hairline...i know some guys lose their hair at a young age, but....

acealive1
14-Dec-2007, 12:42 AM
its a witch hunt. no different than the commie black listing in hollywood. they could name josh gibson and people would still believe it. no matter how many unnatural things u pump into your body,you still have to be able to HIT A BALL. if they say no one is gonna get punished,then why's bonds on trial? MLB is no better than when landis was commisioner. one more thing. roids burn fat,so dont throw bonds under the bus yet,he isnt exactly chisled. mcgwire on the other hand......

MikePizzoff
14-Dec-2007, 05:18 PM
Do you think Roger Clemen's drug use (allegedly) will be viewed by society with the same level of disgust as Barry Bond's drug use (allegedly)?

Allegedly? This has been a long-running investigation... I don't think they're just pointing fingers anymore.

no matter how many unnatural things u pump into your body,you still have to be able to HIT A BALL.

Yeah but you're going to be able to hit the ball a lot farther than if you weren't doing that. You're also going to be able to throw it much farther. I think it's wrong and shouldn't be allowed.

Purge
15-Dec-2007, 05:35 PM
You never know. A guy in his mid-40's who pitches close to the 100 m.p.h. mark makes you wonder. I'm just glad that none of my beloved Red Sox made that "Top Ten" list. :lol:

major jay
15-Dec-2007, 06:19 PM
You never know. A guy in his mid-40's who pitches close to the 100 m.p.h. mark makes you wonder. I'm just glad that none of my beloved Red Sox made that "Top Ten" list. :lol:
I wonder if that's because Michtell has ties with them?

It's hard for me to blame these guys for cheating. Think about the money they've made this past year/half year (let alone over their careers). It's more than mine will make for generations.

AcesandEights
16-Dec-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm just glad that none of my beloved Red Sox made that "Top Ten" list. :lol:

Go sox! ;)