PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else heard that Gerard Butler might be the new conan?

Neil
14-Dec-2007, 08:53 AM
There's talk of John McTiernan directing and Gerard Butler starring... God, he'd have to beef up a bit, but it could be interesting!

How on earth could it compete with the original though?!

bassman
14-Dec-2007, 12:13 PM
Seems like this guy's name is attached to everything ever since the *dull* 300....

And last I heard....isn't Mctiernan facing jail time for fraud and invasion of privacy, or something like that?

Neil
14-Dec-2007, 12:33 PM
Seems like this guy's name is attached to everything ever since the *dull* 300....

And last I heard....isn't Mctiernan facing jail time for fraud and invasion of privacy, or something like that?

Well, since *great* 300, his name has been linked to 'Escape From New York' and now 'Conan'... Could be this generation's action hero now!!

bassman
14-Dec-2007, 12:35 PM
Well, since *great* 300, his name has been linked to 'Escape From New York' and now 'Conan'... Could be this generation's action hero now!!

Oh come on, Neil. 300 looked great but that's it. There was no substance to it...no feeling. We had no reason to care for the soldiers. Oh wait...he had sex with his wife.....I guess that means we should care about their relationship.

Anyway, I trust McTiernan.

Skippy911sc
14-Dec-2007, 02:05 PM
I enjoyed 300...Mindless...yes...pointless...yes...historica lly accurate...NO...who cares...I like it more than Land...Gasp! I think he will make a fine action hero. Conan...err...maybe not...I love the original! And don't get me started on the Destroyer...yuck!

Neil
14-Dec-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh come on, Neil. 300 looked great but that's it. There was no substance to it...no feeling. We had no reason to care for the soldiers. Oh wait...he had sex with his wife.....I guess that means we should care about their relationship.

Anyway, I trust McTiernan.

Well, I enjoyed it alot so nyer! :p

clanglee
14-Dec-2007, 08:43 PM
300 was awesome. End of story. It was better than Ghostbusters!!!

not really. . . just thought Bassman would like that. but it is a good movie.

bassman
14-Dec-2007, 09:05 PM
300 was awesome. End of story. It was better than Ghostbusters!!!

not really. . . just thought Bassman would like that. but it is a good movie.

Do you wish to die?:p

I know a lot of people like it. It's visually enjoyable, but after that, there's nothing else to it. It's as easy to throw away as Snyder's first directorial effort, imo.

Anyway, I didn't mean to turn this into a thread about 300, but Butler as Conan - I just don't see it. Mctiernan - good director, so hopefully he knows what he's doing.

Legion2213
14-Dec-2007, 09:19 PM
You can't remake Conan!

FFS, we are talking about the best movie Arrrnahld ever stared in here, one of my all time fave movies is Conan.

James Earl Jones is great as the bad guy "Thulsa Doom" as well.

clanglee
14-Dec-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't think it would be a remake, so much as just another Conan movie. I think he might be okay if he bulks up. . . A LOT. But Arnold was born for that part. No one could ever be better.