PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 3 nabs $9,100.00 on EBAY

DjfunkmasterG
17-Dec-2007, 09:45 AM
How it nabbed the $9100 is hilarious and sad at the same time.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071216/od_afp/canadainternetdrugchristmasoffbeat

MinionZombie
17-Dec-2007, 10:44 AM
That's what a kid gets for smoking pot at home at that age, f*ckin' n00b. :lol:

Dad Power! *wooshes around* excelsior!

I wonder if the kid already knows, or hasn't found out yet. Just imagine an empty box with a card in it reading "here used to lie GH3, until I caught you smoking pot you little bastard!" :D

That kid's a retard, you don't act dangerous around Xmas time, you're gotta be on your best behaviour lest Santa spurn you!

DjfunkmasterG
17-Dec-2007, 12:45 PM
I read that article this morning and just had to post it. I thought it was hilarious the father caught the kid smoking pot and at the same time sold off the XMAS present his kid wanted the most as punishment. However, what was funnier is the father saying he would replace the games with barbie themed games.

:lol:

Little fooker deserved it.

MikePizzoff
17-Dec-2007, 05:02 PM
It doesn't explain why someone would pay $9,100 for it, though. That doesn't make any sense to me, considering you can go on eBay right now and find many copies of it for the Wii going for $80 and under that are ending in mere minutes.

MinionZombie
17-Dec-2007, 05:34 PM
It doesn't explain why someone would pay $9,100 for it, though. That doesn't make any sense to me, considering you can go on eBay right now and find many copies of it for the Wii going for $80 and under that are ending in mere minutes.
Maybe it was less about the game itself and more to do with the story of the item itself - it being a punishment? Some charitable soul looking to torture a pot smoking kid at Xmas. :D

I bet it was Santa, exerting some Naughty List justice!! :elol:

capncnut
17-Dec-2007, 06:58 PM
He was only having a smoke, what a miserable awl bastid. :D

Nine grand for Guitar Hero 3? Surely it was the bidder that was smoking pot here.

bassman
17-Dec-2007, 07:03 PM
It's not like he's the first father to catch his son smoking pot. Why would he go and make a scene about it like that?

MinionZombie
17-Dec-2007, 09:09 PM
It's not like he's the first father to catch his son smoking pot. Why would he go and make a scene about it like that?
Because the kid deserves it cos he was a numpty.

I mean what kind of moron smokes weed at their own house when their parents might walk in, I mean come on - at least plan it a bit! Go smoke under a bridge or something like all the other hoodies! :lol:

DubiousComforts
18-Dec-2007, 04:04 AM
Because he's a school teacher, and also because he lives in Montreal.

For $9100, I'd also sell the hottest piece of crap out from under the tree, give my kid a cool couple of grand and tell him to deal it with until after the mad holiday consumer grab. Way more important than any lesson about wasting brain cells by doing dope is the lesson about parting a fool and his money.

But this story is most likely a scam, some idiot's idea of how to teach principles to teenagers. There were no completed Guitar Hero 3 auctions for $9100 on ebay within the last few weeks; the highest amount paid for any single lot was around $3100.

Danny
18-Dec-2007, 08:19 AM
huh. k, different strokes for different folks aye?

DubiousComforts
20-Dec-2007, 03:13 PM
huh. k, different strokes for different folks aye?
People just have their priorities and principles out of whack, doesn't matter how you spin it.

bassman
20-Dec-2007, 04:16 PM
Because he's a school teacher, and also because he lives in Montreal.

For $9100, I'd also sell the hottest piece of crap out from under the tree, give my kid a cool couple of grand and tell him to deal it with until after the mad holiday consumer grab. Way more important than any lesson about wasting brain cells by doing dope is the lesson about parting a fool and his money.

But this story is most likely a scam, some idiot's idea of how to teach principles to teenagers. There were no completed Guitar Hero 3 auctions for $9100 on ebay within the last few weeks; the highest amount paid for any single lot was around $3100.

Huh....okay. That's your view. I would probably just tell him the truth....it's not worth getting caught with. And that's about it...

SymphonicX
24-Dec-2007, 10:30 AM
Well I support the Dad in this one...kid's smoking through adolescene is just asking for trouble, avoid like the plague.