PDA

View Full Version : Dawn: Parody Analysis

Ben
18-Dec-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi guys, just a couple of points:

Dawn Of The Dead, simply put, was an extremely influential film, with films such as Shaun Of The Dead and 28 Days Later being very similar in terms of the plot, technical narrative etc. Why do you think films such as Dawn Of The Dead end up being parodied/made homage to and why don't their audiences tire of this? Why do you think directors choose to parody films?

Trencher
18-Dec-2007, 10:54 PM
It is not Dawn of the dead that is being parodied per see it is the night of the living dead movie that created a genre and a staple monster with just as much impact as Vampires or Werewolves or more.

Yojimbo
21-Dec-2007, 12:52 AM
Agree with Trencher on this.

Anything with a clearly recognizable framework is ripe for parody. Hence, the parodies of Star Wars, Godfather, Wizard of Oz, Exorcist, Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, etc.

Legion2213
21-Dec-2007, 12:57 AM
Aye, it's probably a form of flattery.

Hell, I think the original Star Wars trilogy is the best series of films ever made....but I also think that the "Troops" parody and the "Jedi Hunter" parody are some of the funniest things I've ever seen.

If the people doing the parody actually take time to get the scenary, background and characters right, they should be veiwed as tributes IMO