PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever - video tomorrow!!

CoinReturn
18-Dec-2007, 10:45 PM
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?p=629239&posted=1#post629239

Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever.

After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, here is a screen shot taken from the teaser.

Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.

I'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John).
http://www.picupload.net/f-effbf1b13d49327d77eece9a77153bbe.jpg

*sniff* I'm just so happy... *sob*

MinionZombie
19-Dec-2007, 09:19 AM
It's 'bout damn time! :p

I'll certainly enjoy playing it when it comes out, it's about a decade now since I was playing Duke Nukem 3-D, so it'd make a nice anniversary in a way.

Craig
19-Dec-2007, 02:57 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Neil
19-Dec-2007, 03:29 PM
It's out it's out!!!!

Looks amazing!!! Very retro!!!!!

H6JcZv3wPuU

CoinReturn
19-Dec-2007, 03:55 PM
ahhh, that video brought back some memories...I should fire up Duke 3D. I wonder it even runs on Vista.

Skippy911sc
19-Dec-2007, 05:41 PM
I think the new one will be a side scroll get the right game...you can buy it on xbox live arcade... ;)

I've been hearing about this game for a DECADE now!!! well it seems like a decade.

Neil
19-Dec-2007, 05:48 PM
Hmmm... Don't really see very much (in the trailer)...

My concern is that it will be like Doom3... ie: A couple of VERY PRETTY baddies rather than the fire fight Duke Nukem should be... (ie: many enemy!)

Craig
20-Dec-2007, 12:49 AM
cWuteFLUPSY

The music sounds pretty old school, which is awesome.

My thoughts: It'll be as awesome as all Duke fans hope.

Neil
20-Dec-2007, 09:20 AM
The trailer from 4(?) years ago was more impressive...

MinionZombie
20-Dec-2007, 10:24 AM
The trailer from 4(?) years ago was more impressive...
It also had game footage in it, but that was an old-ass (now) build of the game.

I figured as much - no game footage, just a cock-teaser. Makes you wonder what the actual game is going to look like graphics wise, because all the stuff there was blatantly from pre-rendered videos that must feature in the game.

Still, sounds like it's still got the Duke Nukem spirit and I'm still behind the game and will definitely be checking it out, bring it on bitches.

bassman
20-Dec-2007, 12:28 PM
I remember playing Nukem on the 64, but that's really it. Either way....if this new one is any good, I'll buy it. Can't go wrong with another good FPS.:cool:

Tricky
21-Dec-2007, 11:04 AM
Hmmm... Don't really see very much (in the trailer)...

My concern is that it will be like Doom3... ie: A couple of VERY PRETTY baddies rather than the fire fight Duke Nukem should be... (ie: many enemy!)

Did you get to play Quake 4 though neil?uses the doom 3 engine but throws a fair few enemies at once in your direction!

As for Duke 3d,i had the PS1 version as i was still in school then & my parents wouldnt shell out on a gaming PC.I enjoyed it,although the enemies look horribly pixellated on it compared to that video you posted there!

Neil
21-Dec-2007, 11:13 AM
Did you get to play Quake 4 though neil?uses the doom 3 engine but throws a fair few enemies at once in your direction!

As for Duke 3d,i had the PS1 version as i was still in school then & my parents wouldnt shell out on a gaming PC.I enjoyed it,although the enemies look horribly pixellated on it compared to that video you posted there!

I remember doing script editing for Duke Nukem 3D... I'd do it so the gib count was increased, and sometimes aliens would blow up with LOADS of gibs - GREAT FUN!

Tricky
21-Dec-2007, 11:21 AM
I remember being really excited at owning a game that had a BBFC "18" certificate on it,i thought it was really controversial!Thing is Crysis & company of heroes are only 15 rated,and the language is far worse & the gore much more realistic & graphic than duke ever was!

MinionZombie
21-Dec-2007, 02:06 PM
I remember being really excited at owning a game that had a BBFC "18" certificate on it,i thought it was really controversial!Thing is Crysis & company of heroes are only 15 rated,and the language is far worse & the gore much more realistic & graphic than duke ever was!
But in Duke you can tell pixelly babes to "shake it". :D

I too got DN3D for PC (obviously bought for me by my parents at the time). I was watching horror movies from the age of 9, and playing games like Carmageddon and Robocop VS Terminator just after that, so it's all good and I'm well adjusted...well, no worse than the average punter at least! :D

Tricky
22-Dec-2007, 01:32 PM
Robocop vs Terminator was extremely gory,even for the time!ive still got it here but no megadrive to play it on!

Danny
22-Dec-2007, 05:18 PM
ive never really dug the more tongue in cheeck fps game but thats just me, i know plenty of freinds who will go nuts on this news but im waiting for fallout 3 meself.

MinionZombie
22-Dec-2007, 07:32 PM
Robocop vs Terminator was extremely gory,even for the time!ive still got it here but no megadrive to play it on!
Indeed, a very violent game for it's time - and before ratings were brought in too! :D

I've still got my copy, and still have my Mega Drive 2. :cool:

Tricky
23-Dec-2007, 10:57 AM
ive still got desert strike,alien 3 & road rash 2 as well,i played desert strike on an emulator recently & it looks a lot worse than i remember it!how our eyes are spoiled by todays technology!

Back on topic though,did any of you ever play the PS1 version of duke all the way through?i remember been extremely frustrated because i never finished the "faces of death" level in the extra exclusive chapter!

capncnut
25-Dec-2007, 05:07 PM
ive still got desert strike,alien 3 & road rash 2 as well...
Alien 3, what a game that was! Nifty music too. I remember when I finally clocked that sumbitch and all I was rewarded with was one picture (no, not video - picture!) of Ripley sliding into a cryotube with the words 'Congratulations' at the top.

Ah! Thems were they days! :cool:

MinionZombie
26-Dec-2007, 10:48 AM
Hehe, I've got Desert Strike (and Urban Strike - a great game), also have Road Rash 2 (many happy hours)...many good games from back in the day.

T2: Arcade
Cool Spot
Zero Tolerance
Virtua Racing
Mortal Kombat

Ah mate the list goes on...:cool: