PDA

View Full Version : Ring of fire

Dommm
19-Dec-2007, 01:43 PM
Hmmm my 360 just got the ring of fire :-( dont know what to do should I

A. Return to microsoft and get them to fix it
b. Do the towel trick and trade in to get a elite??? spending a extra 170 but getting the lager hdd and hdmi port ..

whaddya guys think??

DeadJonas190
22-Dec-2007, 06:30 AM
I say send it in to get it fixed unless you have the extra 170 to spend.

Danny
22-Dec-2007, 05:16 PM
it gets repaired for free if its rrod and its only away for 20 days so id say just send it in for "repair" and get sent a reconiditioned one for free.

MikePizzoff
22-Dec-2007, 08:04 PM
I hear tons of nightmare stories of people sending their 360 to Microsoft to have it repaired and end up having to wait 8 weeks for it to return... only to, very often, get back a 360 that breaks within days or even hours (they send you a refurbished one; not a new one).

I've also heard of people getting back their 360 in the same exact state it was in when they sent it out... the people at Microsoft didn't even do anything to it!

Danny
22-Dec-2007, 08:12 PM
hmm i wouldnt take "hearing tons of stories" as a reliable piece of advice though, i had no problems, mine broke, i rang up, less than 48 hours later UPS showed up, took my 360 adn 19 days later i got a new one, still with the stickers on the drive and reader bits, its a later model too, possibly one of these falcon ones everybodies raved about for some such reason or another.
bascially, if its busted what have you got to lose?, a paperwieght?
cus i dont know how you do it in your area but in mine they test the console in store at the tv they allways have near the counter and take your name and address so you cant gyp them with something faulty.

MikePizzoff
22-Dec-2007, 09:53 PM
hmm i wouldnt take "hearing tons of stories" as a reliable piece of advice though

:confused: You had problems with the one they sent you back...

i thinik now ive had a new 360 for 2 days, my hard drives fried itself.

just once id like a consoel that works.

Danny
22-Dec-2007, 10:12 PM
:confused: You had problems with the one they sent you back...

oh yeah, that one wasnt the one i got back but one i had been given to use by my brother, my own at the time had no scart lead, my dog chewed it up, ...the same dog that chewed through my ps2 controller and ds charger.
-i really shouldnt leave electronics near her.

anyway long story short no that was fine, and technically i kept the hard drive thats not replaced so yeah, either way it wasnt a console problem.... in fact it started with a corrupted save so it was probably all the hard drives fault anyway.

CornishCorpse
01-Jan-2008, 08:54 PM
Send it off you could get a decent deal. I sent mine off and it took a month and it had a few lil buggs soon like it wouldnt play crackdown at all jus came up with the " please put this disc in a xbox 360 console" screen. Luck of the draw but eitherway you get a xbox 360. I sold my replaced 360 and got a ps3 less games but `s more of an investment with the blu ray and the console constantly being upgraded and free.

Dommm
03-Jan-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I decided to get it sent back (twiddles thumbs waiting for ups guys)...

My concience wouldn't let me take a duff one to the store for an exchange, I felt bad for the Poor SOB that would've got it after me to have it break a few hours/days later....
my take the reCONed one for an exchange worth the 170 if it gets me warrenty extended and its less likly to go duff.

any of you guys heard of anything bad about the elite I've looked around the web and not found many bad reports about it....

Danny
03-Jan-2008, 05:36 PM
well the elites just one with a black case and larger hard drive so it has the same faults. Plus 360's are only worth 60 quid now so if its broke you would get maybe a preowned ds or something for it at best.

CoinReturn
03-Jan-2008, 06:22 PM
The Elite is great if you plan on downloading lots Movies, TV shows, and Xbox Originals. 120gig hard drive means you won't ever have to delete anything, either.

darth los
04-Jan-2008, 01:01 AM
With the future promising more and more HD content lots more hard drive space will be essential.

capncnut
04-Jan-2008, 03:29 AM
"And it burns, burns, burns..." :D

Dommm
04-Jan-2008, 03:44 PM
60 quid now so if its broke you would get maybe a preowned ds or something for it at best.

Got offered 150 from gamestation in watford for it:D

bassman
04-Jan-2008, 04:22 PM
I just pray that mine lasts until October. Well....December or so. So that I have time to play it.

capncnut
04-Jan-2008, 07:08 PM
60 quid now so if its broke you would get maybe a preowned ds or something for it at best.Got offered 150 from gamestation in watford for it:D
My cousin got offered £80 for his Core System the other week, which isn't too bad considering.

CornishCorpse
06-Jan-2008, 03:53 PM
Got offered 150 from gamestation in watford for it:D

WTF?! I got offered 63 for a core with two wired controllers..Damn Game. Sold it to a buddy for a 150 and got a ps3 its the way of the future

: Puts up flame shield :

Danny
06-Jan-2008, 04:20 PM
i got offered 60 for a preimium with all the stuff you get within the box.:mad:

Dommm
07-Jan-2008, 11:54 AM
Well the 150 was for a priemium...

also I think the Electronic exchange offer between 130 and 140 for it...

both are including the box and everything in it, also it was offered in part exchange for an elite so that probs effects the price you get for it...