PDA

View Full Version : Fido- anyone seen this?

DeadJonas190
23-Oct-2007, 06:00 AM
Has anybody seen it yet? I watched it Monday and really enjoyed it. It was pretty funny.

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2007, 12:20 PM
I watched it about a month ago and thought it was actually mediocre. I think I gave it a 5 or 6 out of 10 on my rating.

Yojimbo
24-Oct-2007, 01:19 AM
I watched it and actually liked this one. Had some decent ghoul moments, though the throwback 1950's kitsch style was a little annoying and overdone. Still, I would own it if it sells for under 10 anytime in the near future.

empirefilm
28-Oct-2007, 06:36 PM
I agree, I thought it was easily the best Z film since Shaun of the Dead and yes that ranks it above Land of the Dead! The story, acting and cinematography were outstanding.

clanglee
29-Oct-2007, 11:37 PM
I loved it, I could actually watch this one with my 8yo daughter. (I know I know, I'm a bad dad. Incidentally, she Loves Shaun of the Dead too) One of my favorite zombie movies in a while.

Ivarr
14-Dec-2007, 08:13 PM
I caught this gem last weekend ...

I thought it was funny and a good addition to the Zombie movie collection.

I caught it after listening to Billy Connolly (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0175262/) talk about it on the Opie & Anthony show.

I was actually surprised that they had the quality actors in it that they did.

I thought this was more of a C grade movie ... instead of a really good B grade movie. (as intended).

See it when you feel like laughing.

doubled77
15-Dec-2007, 01:36 PM
I liked Fido, it's sort of a continuation to Shaun of the Dead. It even reminds me Day of the Dead first draft script a little...

8/10

Mike70
20-Dec-2007, 07:17 PM
i just acquired this but haven't watched it yet. it has carrie-ann moss and billy connolly in it. it won 11 awards in canada and was nominated for 7 others. i was surprised as hell that i hadn't heard about it before.

plot summary(jacked from imdb): Timmy Robinson's best friend in the whole wide world is a six-foot tall rotting zombie named Fido. But when FIDO eats the next-door neighbor, Mom and Dad hit the roof, and Timmy has to go to the ends of the earth to keep Fido a part of the family

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457572/awards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fido_%28film%29

clanglee
20-Dec-2007, 08:00 PM
Great movie, read the other threads about it.

Terran
20-Dec-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah its awsome

acealive1
20-Dec-2007, 10:44 PM
the dvd cover alone is worth it

Mike70
21-Dec-2007, 02:54 AM
Great movie, read the other threads about it.

well i'll be frakked by a troll. last to the party again. damn:(

acealive1
21-Dec-2007, 03:19 AM
well i'll be frakked by a troll. last to the party again. damn:(

couldnt make ur way through the ice fast enough? :lol::lol:

kidgloves
21-Dec-2007, 06:24 PM
I hated it. Sorry. Good idea poorly executed.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Dec-2007, 11:38 PM
I am with kidgloves on this, the film had so much potential but it was wasted.

clanglee
22-Dec-2007, 12:57 AM
I don't really see how they missed the boat on this one. It was a boy and his dog . . er. . zombie movie. I thought it was pulled off rather well. It was innovative, funny as hell, and even. . yes. . heartwarming. It's not your basic, run of the mill, zombie movie. I really found very very few problems with it. Please elaborate, what put you off?

TerryAlexanderF
23-Dec-2007, 07:26 AM
It's just not a movie for everyone, not everyone is okay with the concept. I enjoyed it though, good little movie.

kidgloves
23-Dec-2007, 10:49 AM
Its quite simple really why I didn't like it.

****Spoilers***

It started well. Zombie lore was being followed and yes it looked like it was going to be a cute little movie.
First problem was I didn't find Billy Connolly, as much as I love the guy, very convincing as a zombie. Seeing as he was 1 of the central characters, this distracted from his role quite a lot and I just couldn't get past that.
Evolving zombies I can accept. Love interest zombies I cannot.

Bertors
28-Dec-2007, 10:46 PM
A wonderfull movie with a really original take on Zombies and GREAT acting.

Rhaz
29-Dec-2007, 01:37 AM
the wife and i both loved this one. of course, we've endured some real stinkers in recent months. nice take on the zombie genre. not a fast paced gore-fest, but refreshingly enjoyable nonetheless.

clanglee
31-Dec-2007, 10:49 PM
Evolving zombies I can accept. Love interest zombies I cannot.

This would have been a problem if it had been an attempt at a serious movie. However, In a comedy, perfectly fine to me.

Neil
07-Jan-2008, 12:26 PM
Finally watched this last night...

Think zombies meets 'Edward Scissor Hands' and you're half way there... :)

Was a nice, odd-ball film, which although good fun to watch, it seems to not make as much out of the situation/material as it could easily have of.

None-the-less... A great little black-comedy for any zombie fan :)

I was going to post the trailer but DEFINATELY worth watching it knowing little/nothing about it...