PDA

View Full Version : virus warning.....

acealive1
21-Dec-2007, 02:07 AM
i got a warning box today telling me "your computer has been infected by trojan" it then says for you to click ok to download a spyware remover. it looks to be a bug in itself. if u get it,DO NOT click ok!!! just X out of it and run ur spyware or just download the newest update for ur computer make and model. mine happened to be HP. as soon as i downloaded the HP update i didnt get the lil "trojan" box again. also, i ONLY got it when i had to sign into msn to check my mail and IE popped up and then the problems began. all fixed now. just passing on the info in case anyone else has this problem

SRP76
21-Dec-2007, 02:59 AM
I got a Trojan box, too. Used up all three, and was protected from virus...

....oh, WAIT! You meant COMPUTER viruses....

acealive1
21-Dec-2007, 03:17 AM
I got a Trojan box, too. Used up all three, and was protected from virus...

....oh, WAIT! You meant COMPUTER viruses....

:lol::lol:

ah, a small guy. real men wear magnum XL's :elol::elol:

MikePizzoff
21-Dec-2007, 04:15 AM
Were you using IE? Case and point on why I think IE blows!

acealive1
21-Dec-2007, 04:37 AM
Were you using IE? Case and point on why I think IE blows!

i was only using it to check my msn mail. i have no control over that when the messenger signs me in like that. i always use firefox though.

Khardis
21-Dec-2007, 10:13 AM
lol windows.

MikePizzoff
21-Dec-2007, 12:29 PM
lol windows.

Very true. I'm counting down the days until I convert and I'm the proud owner a Mac. Won't be until March or April once I have the money for it, but it will be a joyous occasion!

Khardis
21-Dec-2007, 12:37 PM
Very true. I'm counting down the days until I convert and I'm the proud owner a Mac. Won't be until March or April once I have the money for it, but it will be a joyous occasion!

Yeah been over a year since i got my Imac, best computer i ever owned.