PDA

View Full Version : A 3rd of those who choose to challenge anti-social behaviour are attacked/threatened

Neil
21-Dec-2007, 11:16 AM
It's a difficult choice... Act or don't act...

A friend at work was driving slowly through a village center and saw a group of youths kick out at a cyclist in front of him. The cyclist veered across the road, and my friend slowed down... As he drove by the youths he got a big kick in the door of his car leaving a sizable dent!

Stop and challenge? With your wife/baby in the car? Or drive off? He drove off...

A recent case in the UK was where a guy was stabbed on a bus... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7098588.stm

Khardis
21-Dec-2007, 11:25 AM
This is why Britain needs to repeal the gun ban... if I saw a group of "youths" beating up someone I would tell them to stop, if there was only 1 or 2 I would kick their asses, if there was 3 or more i would threaten them then pull my gun and threaten them. I read a story of a guy who shot the ex husband of a woman who was beating her in a parking lot of a Walmart and he was trying to kill her (they had been divorced and she was with someone else so he was pissed). I would do something similar.

Tricky
21-Dec-2007, 11:30 AM
I was driving through hessle near hull on an urban dual carriageway on sunday,and saw a group of kids at the side of the road but they werent waiting to cross or anything,just as i was getting near them,one of them just walked out in front of me and stopped on purpose!i slammed all on,and luckily i have ABS on my new car or i'd have skidded straight into him!i put my window down and shouted "get out of the road you stupid bastard!",he just looked at me and sneered "you cant f**king make me",he was only about 11 years old!i got that massive rising anger/adrenaline feeling in my chest and if i had less self control would have got out of the car & lamped him one,but i just put the car back in gear,swerved round him & drove off.Thats the attitude of kids these days though,this country is going to be a frightening place in a decades time when all these little ****s get to be adults...

Neil
21-Dec-2007, 11:54 AM
I was driving through hessle near hull on an urban dual carriageway on sunday,and saw a group of kids at the side of the road but they werent waiting to cross or anything,just as i was getting near them,one of them just walked out in front of me and stopped on purpose!i slammed all on,and luckily i have ABS on my new car or i'd have skidded straight into him!i put my window down and shouted "get out of the road you stupid bastard!",he just looked at me and sneered "you cant f**king make me",he was only about 11 years old!i got that massive rising anger/adrenaline feeling in my chest and if i had less self control would have got out of the car & lamped him one,but i just put the car back in gear,swerved round him & drove off.Thats the attitude of kids these days though,this country is going to be a frightening place in a decades time when all these little ****s get to be adults...

If I was in my car I would have done the same (nothing)... If I was in my GFs car (and 'seeing red') I would have driven by him slowly and shoved my drivers door open on him...

This is why Britain needs to repeal the gun ban... if I saw a group of "youths" beating up someone I would tell them to stop, if there was only 1 or 2 I would kick their asses, if there was 3 or more i would threaten them then pull my gun and threaten them. I read a story of a guy who shot the ex husband of a woman who was beating her in a parking lot of a Walmart and he was trying to kill her (they had been divorced and she was with someone else so he was pissed). I would do something similar.

I hear what you're saying, but unfortunately it means the scum bags get guns as well, and these are the people who care/consider even less about the outcome of violence as it is!

Khardis
21-Dec-2007, 11:56 AM

Its weird how similar this is all becoming to A Clockwork Orange. They had the same problem in the novel, only the only way to fix it wasnt pretty, they had to take away more and more freedom to accomplish it. Which is absurd, if they just gave people more freedom, like the freedom to carry guns legally this wouldn't be such a big issue.An armed society is a polite society.

Neil
21-Dec-2007, 11:59 AM
Its weird how similar this is all becoming to A Clockwork Orange. They had the same problem in the novel, only the only way to fix it wasnt pretty, they had to take away more and more freedom to accomplish it. Which is absurd, if they just gave people more freedom, like the freedom to carry guns legally this wouldn't be such a big issue.An armed society is a polite society.

There's middle ground... (I hope)

Khardis
21-Dec-2007, 11:59 AM
If I was in my car I would have done the same (nothing)... If I was in my GFs car (and 'seeing red') I would have driven by him slowly and shoved my drivers door open on him...

I hear what you're saying, but unfortunately it means the scum bags get guns as well, and these are the people who care/consider even less about the outcome of violence as it is!

Incorrect, the scum bags don't follow the law, they have guns already if they really want them. The gun ban was meant to do 1 thing, disarm people like me and you who could:

A: stand up for our rights from the government
B: fight back against crime.

the government doesn't like that.

There's middle ground... (I hope)

Well I believe the people of Britain need to take back their freedoms before things will get better. Including their right to bare arms, sword whatever etc.

Tricky
21-Dec-2007, 01:18 PM
Well I believe the people of Britain need to take back their freedoms before things will get better. Including their right to bare arms, sword whatever etc.

Unfortunately now this country has been handed over to the EU on a plate,we only stand to lose more freedoms,we certainly wont gain any :(

Neil
21-Dec-2007, 01:27 PM
Incorrect, the scum bags don't follow the law, they have guns already if they really want them. The gun ban was meant to do 1 thing, disarm people like me and you who could:

This is a common misnomer IMHO...

Yes of course anyone who want to get a gun, with enough effort could.

But your average idiot on the street wouldn't have a clue where to get one (in the UK), yet alone have the inclination to get one.

I for one feel MUCH safer knowing that the general idiot out there is almost certainly not armed...

I also have issues with the idea gun = instant security:-
1) Do you have your gun all the time? - What if you're mugged in town?
2) Do you have it ready drawn all the time? - What if you're mugged in town at gunpoint?
3) Does it make you safer? - If a wannabe thief/crook suspects you may be armed, is he likely to wait to find out, or shoot first?

Yes there are countless arguments for and against gun ownership. Personally I feel most of the good arguments (in the UK) are against...

Khardis
21-Dec-2007, 02:43 PM
This is a common misnomer IMHO...

Yes of course anyone who want to get a gun, with enough effort could.

But your average idiot on the street wouldn't have a clue where to get one (in the UK), yet alone have the inclination to get one.

I for one feel MUCH safer knowing that the general idiot out there is almost certainly not armed...

I also have issues with the idea gun = instant security:-
1) Do you have your gun all the time? - What if you're mugged in town?
2) Do you have it ready drawn all the time? - What if you're mugged in town at gunpoint?
3) Does it make you safer? - If a wannabe thief/crook suspects you may be armed, is he likely to wait to find out, or shoot first?

Yes there are countless arguments for and against gun ownership. Personally I feel most of the good arguments (in the UK) are against...

I dont know how you can feel safger knowing guns are not legal.. that would terrify me. If someone wants a gun they will get one. This leaves only you unarmed.

as per your questions...
well

1.Yes I have my gun or one of them on me at all times. I wouldn't be mugged because the mugger would be dead before he got his hands on my wallet.

2. My gun is in a quick holster, locked and loaded with the safety off when I am walking around town, but thats not the extent of my security, I also have a general idea of where and how people get and do muggings, I wouldnt get caught by someone to mug me with a gun because I wouldnt put myself in that situation or give them a chance. Unless they are willing to mug me in broad daylight with people all around us. In which case they are going to be aught anyway.

3. Yes it makes me safer, the way criminals think isn't, does he have a gun i better shoot 1st etc. Most criminals look for soft targets, if they see someone who is possibly armed they avoid them and instead look to mug someone who is unarmed. IE they will rob old ladies or women, or men who are against guns or people who hang out in "gun free zones".

PLus theres the whole freedom issue. I don't see how people can complain about feral youths and muggings (which have skyrocketed since banning guns in England) while denying the most effective way to defend yourselves. The only way to do it in the way you want to is to strip MORE freedom away. IE your swords. I dont understand how you can be upset about that, but be happy with gun bannings... its illogical.

Neil
21-Dec-2007, 02:52 PM
I dont know how you can feel safger knowing guns are not legal.. that would terrify me. If someone wants a gun they will get one. This leaves only you unarmed.

as per your questions...
well

1.Yes I have my gun or one of them on me at all times. I wouldn't be mugged because the mugger would be dead before he got his hands on my wallet.

2. My gun is in a quick holster, locked and loaded with the safety off when I am walking around town, but thats not the extent of my security, I also have a general idea of where and how people get and do muggings, I wouldnt get caught by someone to mug me with a gun because I wouldnt put myself in that situation or give them a chance. Unless they are willing to mug me in broad daylight with people all around us. In which case they are going to be aught anyway.

3. Yes it makes me safer, the way criminals think isn't, does he have a gun i better shoot 1st etc. Most criminals look for soft targets, if they see someone who is possibly armed they avoid them and instead look to mug someone who is unarmed. IE they will rob old ladies or women, or men who are against guns or people who hang out in "gun free zones".

PLus theres the whole freedom issue. I don't see how people can complain about feral youths and muggings (which have skyrocketed since banning guns in England) while denying the most effective way to defend yourselves. The only way to do it in the way you want to is to strip MORE freedom away. IE your swords. I dont understand how you can be upset about that, but be happy with gun bannings... its illogical.

:)

I can fully understand how a gun makes you feel safer... Indeed I would feel safer if I had one, in many ways... HOWEVER, as things stand in the UK, your average numpty lout, or idiot with no compassion or common sense, will NOT have a gun....

Open up gun ownership and the very first people to get them will be the very last people you want to have them. Numpty louts, idiots with no compassion or common sense, and any old wannabe Clint Eastwoods.

Within months the gun crime rate in the country would rocket and we'd have potentially hundred more gun related deaths each month, most likely carried out by the people you least want to have weapons...

Again, I fully understand how carrying a gun can help with many aspects of the 'law', but I feel that I'm willing to sacrifice those for the greater good.

We'll just have to agree to disagree...

ps: Sometimes I fully agree with your opinion on legalising guns, but most of the time I don't :)

Khardis
21-Dec-2007, 03:42 PM
See Neil, thats the thing. Lumpy louts etc who you fear don't buy guns from gun shops. The people you dont want to buy guns buy guns on the black market because they cant be traced. Whereas people who buy guns from gunstores will usually have a paper trail leading right to them, making committing crimes with that gun a ridiculous mistake since forensics can trace guns right to whoever purchased it and from where.

As a legal gun owner, my fingerprints are on file as is my mental competency and criminal records etc. (i have none but its on file and was researched before i was given my permit). When I buy a gun legally they know who I am, and the gun is registered to me. If I shoot someone with my gun I better have a damned good reason for it, otherwise the crushers will put me away.

Neil
21-Dec-2007, 04:05 PM
See Neil, thats the thing. Lumpy louts etc who you fear don't buy guns from gun shops. The people you dont want to buy guns buy guns on the black market because they cant be traced. Whereas people who buy guns from gunstores will usually have a paper trail leading right to them, making committing crimes with that gun a ridiculous mistake since forensics can trace guns right to whoever purchased it and from where.

As a legal gun owner, my fingerprints are on file as is my mental competency and criminal records etc. (i have none but its on file and was researched before i was given my permit). When I buy a gun legally they know who I am, and the gun is registered to me. If I shoot someone with my gun I better have a damned good reason for it, otherwise the crushers will put me away.

Understood! But still 20,000-30,000 'damn good reasons' happen each year in the US don't they?

kortick
21-Dec-2007, 07:57 PM
its funny but you are both right

khardis is right in the fact that guns are easy to
get for criminals making them more dangerous
but if they find out you are packing they think twice about
bothering you

Neil is right about the huge amount of gun deaths
that occur in the US as opposed to the UK

but if you want to protect yourself, i mean truly protect yourself
a gun will do that
the only thing is you never pull a gun on someone unless
you mean to shoot them, you dont flash it
and i dont beleive in shooting to incapacitate
you shoot to kill
cuz if someone shot me and i lived you bet they would be dead
meat once i found them

but in the situations you described
neil you did the right thing if your wife and kid was with you
and rich as annoying as 11 year olds can be we cant beat them all
up, we would have time to do nothing else but that.
just think tho, if he pulls that stunt regularly the odds of
someone not stopping increase greatly.

there has to be a middle ground, in the uk there should be access
to guns for law abiding citizens to protect themselves, thier homes and thier families from the growing youth violence and such
and in america, they have to find a way of stopping the ease
in which to buy a gun illegally. I could go out and buy any type gun
right up to millitary grade right now if i wanted to. full auto
that should not be.

Neil
21-Dec-2007, 08:24 PM
there has to be a middle ground, in the uk there should be access
to guns for law abiding citizens to protect themselves, thier homes and thier families from the growing youth violence and such
and in america.

Everyone is law abiding until they break the law...

Increasing the number of guns will almost certainly increase gun related deaths. A fierce argument is easy to resolve if all it means is a pull of a trigger...

Seriously... I feel safer knowing guns are hard to get, rather than me owning one along with nutters!

kortick
21-Dec-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh god...thats like saying every person was healthy till they got sick

i'll admit gun related murders are out of control
I honestly dont know how the UK people
will handle being able own firearms
Im sure there would be both good and bad

but I know many people who are legal gun owners
and Im sure khardis does too
who have never abused the right to own them

and i find that anyone who would resort to pulling
a trigger to resolve an arguement is just as likely
to pick up a knife, if a gun wasnt handy.

Cykotic
21-Dec-2007, 08:57 PM
What i would have done is if the wife and/or child was in the car, i would have just drove off. but if they were not in the car, i would have stopped, got out and been arrested for assault because i would have kicked their asses...

I think i may have anger management issues lol

mista_mo
22-Dec-2007, 01:02 PM
i'm with you cykotic,

although, since i do not have a wife or kids, i can say for 100% certanty, that kid would be a pile of mush on the ground. 11 or not, thats **** you do not do to someone.

besides, I can beat up any 11 year old kid and his buddies.

Tricky
22-Dec-2007, 01:13 PM
One problem with that though,if i had got out and challenged the little scrote,his gang of mates who were stood at the side of the road would have pounced on me.Im quite well built with the weightlifting i do,but i wouldnt be able to fight off 15 kids if they all jumped on me like packhounds.And that is what is happening all over the country frighteningly often,adults been beaten to death by gangs of kids,one on one the kids would have no chance,but its always at least 10 to 1 :mad:

DVW5150
22-Dec-2007, 03:20 PM
Unfortunately now this country has been handed over to the EU on a plate,we only stand to lose more freedoms,we certainly wont gain any :(

In the U.S well be the North American Union.
Things are changing.
Here comes another "attack", thats all they need to scare the populace into complying.RFID chips, national ID,Internment camps. I am aware that I seem like a nut, but thats exactly what they rely on, disbelief.:mad:
They want people to fight eachother.

Its only a matter of time.
Peace.

MinionZombie
22-Dec-2007, 07:58 PM
Solution - teaching respect in school from the very start.

Solution - fining parents of poorly behaved children, if they can't afford it, too f*cking bad. Lay off the vices or don't get a fancy new TV and pay up the f*cking fine.

Solution - COPS ON THE F*CKING STREET.

Solution - kick the sh*t out of every little sh*tbag wanker, Robocop style.

Solution - Britain - GET A F*CKING GRIP.

Solution - Gordon Brown gets kicked in the balls and Labour gets turfed out forever.

Of course, the thing is, these cases will be in the minority - but get a lot of press - but it doesn't make them any less worse, or any less important to deal with. Also, I guarantee the majority of these bastards are poorly educated, and most likely come from broken homes as well as crap parents. These cases will also be mainly in inner city areas, and most likely in poorer areas.

Now what was it that Labour were saying about closing the rich/poor gap and getting every child out of poverty? Hmmm...can't remember now...but evidently it wasn't meant, nor must it have been very important as it's been ignored so badly.

WANKERS. :mad:

SRP76
23-Dec-2007, 04:08 AM
Or drive off? He drove off...

He forgot the simplest option:

Drive over.

You see, all jackasses have one thing in common: they WILL wash off your grille with a garden hose.

Just plow over them.

Mike70
23-Dec-2007, 04:28 AM
this is how to get involved. an older dude knocks this teen bully out cold in one punch. no warning no nothing. the kid never saw this coming.

Xzm1uX6poE4

the bearded adult in this vid is a complete and total pussy. the kid hits him and he just stands there???????? DUDE when that happens it time to start throwing some ass and some punches around of your own. my words to bearded man - find your balls. remove them from their packaging and put them to use.

point is - this kid got what he deserved. that dude laid his butt out on the pavement.

on another tip why didn't these kids (who outnumbered this idiot) ban together and attack at once and stomp the complete piss out him???

has anyone else on here ever busted a bully's eye open with a rock at the schoolbus stop?? don't people fight back anymore?
then again because i am not that big i was taught how to fight (and fight damn dirty) at an early age.

idiots like the fool kid in the vid are the exact reason my son is going to learn a martial as soon as he is old enough to start taking lessons.

Khardis
23-Dec-2007, 04:46 AM
Bullys only understand force,I had to teach a few of them a lesson growing up. When they start getting in my face I figure its better to hit them 1st then to take a shot and try to recover. Funny thing is they always want to be your best friend after you knock them out in front of a group of bystanders.

acealive1
23-Dec-2007, 04:48 AM
im not anti social, i just love my own space,honestly.

Mike70
23-Dec-2007, 05:19 AM
Funny thing is they always want to be your best friend after you knock them out in front of a group of bystanders.

funny you should mention that - the kid whose eye (actually eyebrow) i broke open with a rock turned out to be a good friend of mine. still talk to him and he still has the scar- we just laugh about it now.

Neil
23-Dec-2007, 08:52 AM
i'm with you cykotic,

although, since i do not have a wife or kids, i can say for 100% certanty, that kid would be a pile of mush on the ground. 11 or not, thats **** you do not do to someone.

besides, I can beat up any 11 year old kid and his buddies.

And if they were 15-16? There were a couple of case here recently where a group of 15-16yr olds have killed adults...

idiots like the fool kid in the vid are the exact reason my son is going to learn a martial as soon as he is old enough to start taking lessons.

TBH - A lot of martial arts are somewhat of a waste of time IMHO. They've become so sanitised they're more interested in 'form'.

I spent a year at a karate club before I realised what a crock it was, and changed to a different club where we then actually did semi-contact. What a difference!

I suspect Judo is a good start for most young kids:-
1) It teaches them to fall properly
2) Teaches them respect (to a certain degree)
3) It teaches them to accept getting knocked around a little bit.
4) It teaches them what to do it a grappling/untidy fight.
5) Reflexes...

I remember as a kid I was being chased by three kids. I turned around, Judo mode auto pilot kicked in and one of them litterly (with his inertia) when flying. The ground did the rest and that was the end it. The other two lost interest then...

Xzm1uX6poE4

What is scary is this shows something most of us cannot 'compete' with - A lack of understanding and compassion. We know NOT to kick a person in the head. Detached retina, fractures skull, possible death. Yet people like this will do it...

I'd love to know why that guy punched him at the end...?

mista_mo
23-Dec-2007, 11:57 AM
I believe he hit him at the end because he watched the kids punch/kick 5 people without a thing happening to him AT ALL.
I would've done the same, although, much less effectively then someone who knows how to fight. However, one must never doubt the power that the fist of a strong person can deliver to the skull and or face of anouther, no matter what kind of training they have.

Scipio,
I'm not that big either (about 5"8' and 145 lbs or so) but i've been lifting weights for about four years, so I am quite powerful for someone my size. Add to that the fact that my dad was in the military for 27 years, your bound to pick up a few things (he always told me that if i get into a fight, do whatever it takes to win) so I am kinda in the same boat as you, although I suspect, I am much less refined then you are :)

why am I saying this? just to use as an example of a relitively small guy being able to hold his own if it comes down to it (I would get layed out on my ass tbh, but I can adequetly protect myself, and can guarrantee that the other person is going to be in quite alot of pain).

in the end, the kid got what he deserved, and I would give the guy who knocked his dumbass out a medal for being so frigging awesome.

bearded guy gets wax so he can wax his vag.

Mike70
23-Dec-2007, 02:09 PM
Scipio,
I'm not that big either (about 5"8' and 145 lbs or so) but i've been lifting weights for about four years, so I am quite powerful for someone my size. Add to that the fact that my dad was in the military for 27 years, your bound to pick up a few things (he always told me that if i get into a fight, do whatever it takes to win) so I am kinda in the same boat as you, although I suspect, I am much less refined then you are :)

me refined??!!! educated yes. refined no.:lol:

slickwilly13
23-Dec-2007, 04:11 PM
You guys are so funny. :lol:

Neil
23-Dec-2007, 05:14 PM
I believe he hit him at the end because he watched the kids punch/kick 5 people without a thing happening to him AT ALL.
I would've done the same, although, much less effectively then someone who knows how to fight. However, one must never doubt the power that the fist of a strong person can deliver to the skull and or face of anouther, no matter what kind of training they have.

Scipio,

why am I saying this? just to use as an example of a relitively small guy being able to hold his own if it comes down to it (I would get layed out on my ass tbh, but I can adequetly protect myself, and can guarrantee that the other person is going to be in quite alot of pain).

in the end, the kid got what he deserved, and I would give the guy who knocked his dumbass out a medal for being so frigging awesome.

bearded guy gets wax so he can wax his vag.

I suspect it's a 50/50 thing... Have you ever driven a car without ABS and had to break quickly? Chances are if/when your wheels lock up, you either:-
a) Just panic more and more and more, pushing your foot down harder and harder...
b) Think and react and lift your foot up and re-apply...

I suspect in a heated moment you'll either do gut react (stand there stunned, or back off), or head react (do the correct thing).

Any sort of training will just mean you are more likely to think about it, or the reflex action is a better on.

I know if a punch was thrown at me I would hopefully block it due to hours and hours of doing it... But in reality who knows until it happens.

Talking about it is one thing, doing it is quite another :dead:

EvilNed
23-Dec-2007, 05:38 PM

Utopia. Or dystopia, rather. If you give everyone access to guns, violence would rise tenfold. People are not nice. Guns do not make people polite, especially juvenile idiots such as these. Guns only cause trouble and are unnecessary. I respect the fact that they are legal in the states for it is a whole different climate there. But one of the reasons I'm not living in the states is because of that climate. I'm glad Europe has moved away from it.

Khardis
23-Dec-2007, 06:25 PM
Utopia. Or dystopia, rather. If you give everyone access to guns, violence would rise tenfold. People are not nice. Guns do not make people polite, especially juvenile idiots such as these. Guns only cause trouble and are unnecessary. I respect the fact that they are legal in the states for it is a whole different climate there. But one of the reasons I'm not living in the states is because of that climate. I'm glad Europe has moved away from it.

The facts would suggest otherwise, Wherever you see freedom to carry guns you tend to see less crime overall but more gun related deaths (gotta shoot criminals for self defense and all that). Places where guns are strictly prohibited you tend to see violent increases in crime. Englands crime rate for example has SKYROCKETED since the gun ban. Even the Mayor of London claimed to feel safer in the United States walking the street.

Giving people guns tends to water down crime because criminals now have to worry about dying on the job, and people are a little bit more cautious about getting into a fight, especially if they are carrying a gun themselves. I find that I am MORE likely to knock someone out if I am unarmed than if I am armed, simply for the fact that I don't need to worry about the situation escalating to deadly force.

Those juvenile idiots as you call them can still get guns if they want them. See thats the thing about law... when you outlaw guns only outlaws have guns. Gun bans only harm the law abiding citizens who would bother to take the time to go and register a gun and buy one from a store that records who the purchase was made for.

Hope you like the climate in Europe I hear its getting hot over there with riots, especially in Paris. Good luck being a vanilla face surviving a riot of angry muslims looking for people to beat and cars to burn. If it isn't where you are now, give it time. It will be.

EvilNed
23-Dec-2007, 06:39 PM
The facts would suggest otherwise, Wherever you see freedom to carry guns you tend to see less crime overall but more gun related deaths.

Please provide these facts for this outrageous statement. Crime rate in the US is sky-high compared to much of Europe.

You can compare the riots in Paris to similar riots in Los Angeles around 10 years ago. Every country has them. Even the "safe" US. Only difference is that in the US, a riot is armed and dangerous. People out of control. Chaos and panic. In Europe, much of the same elements apply of course, except for one small detail: No guns.

You know what? Without knowing it, your sarcasm bit you in the ass. It IS safer in Paris.

Mike70
23-Dec-2007, 07:09 PM
Please provide these facts for this outrageous statement. Crime rate in the US is sky-high compared to much of Europe.

You can compare the riots in Paris to similar riots in Los Angeles around 10 years ago. Every country has them. Even the "safe" US. Only difference is that in the US, a riot is armed and dangerous. People out of control. Chaos and panic. In Europe, much of the same elements apply of course, except for one small detail: No guns.

You know what? Without knowing it, your sarcasm bit you in the ass. It IS safer in Paris.

ned, ned, ned - why should only the govt. be allowed to have guns? that to me is more frightening than any criminal ever could be.

i don't really care if crime goes up or down with or without guns. doesn't matter to me. the issue to me is being able to protect yourself from a govt. that has gone out of control. if only the govt. has guns how would a population ever fight back?

if the govt. gets to have them so do i.

Chic Freak
23-Dec-2007, 07:49 PM
if I saw a group of "youths" beating up someone I would tell them to stop, if there was only 1 or 2 I would kick their asses, if there was 3 or more i would threaten them then pull my gun and threaten them.

:eek:

Threatening to shoot someone is so much worse than knocking them off their bike or denting their car! If I saw someone threatening a group of young lads with a gun, I'd definitely be too scared to intervene, I'd just call the police. I'd be scared for my life.

Anyway, if one third of people who challenge get attacked/ threatened, surely that means roughly 67% of people don't get any hassle whatsoever? Surely that's actually a pretty good statistic?

EvilNed
23-Dec-2007, 09:19 PM
ned, ned, ned - why should only the govt. be allowed to have guns? that to me is more frightening than any criminal ever could be.

i don't really care if crime goes up or down with or without guns. doesn't matter to me. the issue to me is being able to protect yourself from a govt. that has gone out of control. if only the govt. has guns how would a population ever fight back?

if the govt. gets to have them so do i.

During the 20's century, the US government has acted in ways comparable to that of fascist states in Europe many-a-times. How about the Dominican Republic, Panama or Vietnam? Forced their diplomacy (often installing puppet-dictators) upon countries where democracy has prevailed but the US has been displeased with the results.

This, to me, is proof enough that the American public no longer keeps their guns to protect themselves from the government. They keep guns to protect themselves from each other. Such fearful people are of course also violent.

As the later half of the 20th century has proven, americans have forgotten WHY they are allowed to keep guns. Only THAT they are allowed to do so.

EDIT: I just want to add that I understand WHY the US allows guns. But in my opinion, guns hurt more than they help. And I view the US as a testament to that. But guns are part of the mentality and the culture. Hard to break off, and I wouldn't want too. Why would I? I don't live there, and I'm only going to go on short visits.

Terran
23-Dec-2007, 09:22 PM
I need to buy myself some guns.....I just havent yet because I dont trust the crazy people I live with....
People that are swayed so drastically by emotion freak me out....so I dont want to own guns in a place where people like that would have access to them....

SymphonicX
24-Dec-2007, 10:15 AM

That's a piss poor argument for gun laws mate.

Those same youths you'd "kick the **** out of" would easily have guns themselves if we made them readily available.

Its just not the answer.

No, the gun ban was meant to disarm people who APPEAR to be like you and me, but are psychopathic and evil behind closed doors.

Don't forget Dunblaine.

Tricky
24-Dec-2007, 11:55 AM
I'd like to know what the EU is planning to do on gun laws,because in some EU countries people can have any gun they like (the swiss for example) & also on conscription into the forces because that is compulsory in some EU countries as well.I say this because they are wanting the EU to become a huge superstate with one government & one set of laws,so are they going to either abolish gun ownership right across the EU or are they going to allow everyone to own them?:rockbrow:
My stance hasnt changed on federal europe though,i despise the idea completely

EvilNed
24-Dec-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't think the EU will ever become more of a unified state than the US is. Countries will still have their own laws, their own parliaments. But they do spend alot of laws debating unnecessary ****, like the size of strawberries. And they'll probably never elect a political leader for the entire EU. Perhaps a representative leader, but never anyone with any real might.

That having said, from the beginning of mankinds history, Europe has always been divided but has also always fought to become united. Rome, Charlemagne, Napoleon and Hitler. The thought of a unified Europe has never been far from anyones mind. Perhaps this is the final say in the matter? A unification not of war, but of diplomacy. Time will tell.

Eine volk, eine reich, eine führer!

MinionZombie
24-Dec-2007, 02:42 PM
If the EU gets anywhere remotely close to forming a super state, it'll fail completely. The nations wrapped up in this mess (sadly including the UK now, thanks to that complete f*cking c*nt Brown) are waaaaaaaay too different socially and politically. I mean the differences between France and the UK are pretty big, and we're just across the channel from them, we used to be connected to them by land even.

So how on earth is a super state EU with one set of retarded laws going to work? Answer - it won't. It just won't is what. The economies and socio-political set-up of each country in Europe is so different from one another it's completely unworkable.

But then again, so are most 'bright ideas' Labour come up with/agree with. :mad:

Seriously, Brown's out at the next election, as will Labour be. They've pissed up the wall of Britain for too long now and the people are evidently super-serial-pissed-off right about now.

How do I know? I've seen it in my crystal ball-bag, is why. :D

EvilNed
24-Dec-2007, 03:54 PM
EU won't become a unified entity. But as for economic booming and trade, we're already seeing the benefits. As an economic superpower, it's only a matter of time.

Neil
24-Dec-2007, 05:53 PM
this is how to get involved. an older dude knocks this teen bully out cold in one punch. no warning no nothing. the kid never saw this coming.

Xzm1uX6poE4

the bearded adult in this vid is a complete and total pussy. the kid hits him and he just stands there???????? DUDE when that happens it time to start throwing some ass and some punches around of your own. my words to bearded man - find your balls. remove them from their packaging and put them to use.

point is - this kid got what he deserved. that dude laid his butt out on the pavement.

on another tip why didn't these kids (who outnumbered this idiot) ban together and attack at once and stomp the complete piss out him???

has anyone else on here ever busted a bully's eye open with a rock at the schoolbus stop?? don't people fight back anymore?
then again because i am not that big i was taught how to fight (and fight damn dirty) at an early age.

DOH! All my dumb questions and the clip has dailog :confused::rolleyes: I had my volume down!

MinionZombie
24-Dec-2007, 10:18 PM
Booming economy eh? We're on the brink of a crash-dive here in the UK, you can sense it on the horizon. Labour seems to neglect the old saying of 'the higher you rise, the further you have to fall' ... methinks that'll be coming true ... sadly.

And what cop is it when first time buyers can't get on the housing ladder - let alone FLAT ladder - because every property worth anything has been gobbled up by greedy property developers doing up old gaffs to make them into posh white-walled second homes to people who are already on the property ladder ... just a grievance that sprung to mind. :rolleyes:

EvilNed
24-Dec-2007, 11:05 PM
Booming economy eh? We're on the brink of a crash-dive here in the UK, you can sense it on the horizon. Labour seems to neglect the old saying of 'the higher you rise, the further you have to fall' ... methinks that'll be coming true ... sadly.

And what cop is it when first time buyers can't get on the housing ladder - let alone FLAT ladder - because every property worth anything has been gobbled up by greedy property developers doing up old gaffs to make them into posh white-walled second homes to people who are already on the property ladder ... just a grievance that sprung to mind. :rolleyes:

Don't know every countrys economy by heart, but the Nordic countries as well as Germany are just doing better and better. Tho Norway isn't apart of the EU.

MinionZombie
25-Dec-2007, 09:19 AM
Don't know every countrys economy by heart, but the Nordic countries as well as Germany are just doing better and better. Tho Norway isn't apart of the EU.
Of course you don't, wasn't meaning you should, but was just adding that in as I felt a sudden gripe riling up my back. :D

Tricky
25-Dec-2007, 10:11 AM
EU won't become a unified entity. But as for economic booming and trade, we're already seeing the benefits. As an economic superpower, it's only a matter of time.

Thats all well and good,but we've been like that for years,theres no need for all this talk of EU national anthems,EU armies,EU gendarmary etc :(
But anyway,its christmas day so il try & keep my political head away :lol:

EvilNed
25-Dec-2007, 05:04 PM
Thats all well and good,but we've been like that for years,theres no need for all this talk of EU national anthems,EU armies,EU gendarmary etc :(
But anyway,its christmas day so il try & keep my political head away :lol:

EU might need to combine it's military strength together should China or Russia start warmongering. But other than that, there's absolutley NO need for it.''

EU gendarmery is just unnecessary. We already have our own police.

Relic
27-Dec-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't own a gun, but I'm certainly sympathetic to those who do own them. Because the ones who have them legally have had to go through a course to legally own one, and thus respect what a gun can do. The thugs who want them and use guns illegally will get them no matter what. Banning guns from the "good" folks only gives the "bad" ones that much more freedoms to use it.

Again, I don't own a gun, but I have seen things begin to break down -- mostly morals and attitudes between strangers. Which is why I've started carrying pepper spray. It's legal, and it can spray up to 8 feet. It won't kill thugs like a gun will, but it will sure put them on their asses in a hurry. My wife has some; so do my folks. It's the next best thing to a gun, and you can carry it whereever you go -- even on your keychain.

I'll never go anyplace without one ever again...