PDA

View Full Version : i am legend revisited...

Mike70
22-Dec-2007, 05:05 AM
okay. i am more than willing to admit when i am wrong. i was wrong in a lot of ways about this movie. i sat here alone in the dark and watched this- just me and a bottle of red wine. i will have to say that i enjoyed this frakking movie quite a bit. sure it had its problems but what movie doesn't?

this is one of the only movies (other than benji-when i was like 4) that has ever made me feel sorry for a damn dog (i fu*king hate dogs with an almost psychotic passion) and i will admit that earned it some points.

i really didn't see the point of having the chick and the kid in the film.

i really don't understand the chick talking about neville's "legend" at the end of the film. the i am legend thingy was neville's status as the boogeyman among the "family" in the original novel.

BUT this is the first thing i have ever liked that will smith was in, so there you go...

"oh pirates yes they rob i
sold i to the merchant ships..."

i am a HUGE bob marley fan and all the marley references in this movie were something that i dug as well.

Danny
22-Dec-2007, 05:20 PM
im going to see it on boxing day and i cant wait, kinda looks like a u.s take on 28 days later.

MikePizzoff
22-Dec-2007, 05:26 PM
im going to see it on boxing day and i cant wait, kinda looks like a u.s take on 28 days later.

It's based on an old book. There have been two movies made about it long ago in the past; The Last Man On Earth starring Vincent Price and The Omega Man starring Charlton Heston.

Legion2213
22-Dec-2007, 05:53 PM
i really don't understand the chick talking about neville's "legend" at the end of the film. the i am legend thingy was neville's status as the boogeyman among the "family" in the original novel.

God Dammit! That's Neville's line at the end of the book. :mad:

Mike70
23-Dec-2007, 03:09 AM
God Dammit! That's Neville's line at the end of the book. :mad:

sorry dude if i blew something for you. i was a little tipsy when posted this and a bit overcome by the fact that i actually liked a will smith movie.

PJoseph
24-Dec-2007, 04:38 AM
I don't think you ruined anything for him, he sounds more upset that they took the most important line from the book and ruined it by giving it to someone in thist story who you weren't invested in.

That line belongs to Neville.

However, I too liked Will Smith in the film very much. But the movie lost my interest as it went along.

pJ

Mike70
24-Dec-2007, 04:44 AM
I don't think you ruined anything for him, he sounds more upset that they took the most important line from the book and ruined it by giving it to someone in thist story who you weren't invested in.

That line belongs to Neville.

However, I too liked Will Smith in the film very much. But the movie lost my interest as it went along.

pJ

that line belongs to neville in a big way there is no doubt about that.

yeah the whole deus ex machina thing with the chick and boy kind of threw me a bit and i think if the film maker had been a bit more imaginative about their introduction this flick would've been a whole lot better.

Legion2213
24-Dec-2007, 05:21 AM
sorry dude if i blew something for you. i was a little tipsy when posted this and a bit overcome by the fact that i actually liked a will smith movie.

No mate, don't worry about it, PJoseph is right, I'm more peeved at the person who delivers what is IMO one of the greatest lines ever in a book...not a Hell of a lot in the way of spoilers when I've read the original novel and seen The Omega Man.

I'll still get the movie when they release the DVD anyways. Sounds like Will Smith did a decent job, which is the most important thing.