PDA

View Full Version : ah the old hometown riot of 2001...

Mike70
23-Dec-2007, 07:33 PM
this is footage from the infamous 2001 riots in cincinnati which happened after the cincinnati police went on a killing spree against black folks. between 1995 and 2001 15 black men were either shot to death or (more ominously) died while in custody including a guy named roger owensby who died as the result of a choke hold.

there was almost a second round of rioting when black folks discovered that the supposedly city wide curfew was not being enforced in white neighborhoods - espcially the wealthier areas like hyde park and mt. adams.

my sympathy is most definitely not for the police. black people were pushed right to limit and you can only push people so far before they start pushing back.

cincinnati is one of the most segregated, racist places in the US. you would be hard pressed to find a city where the line between the white haves on the city's east and northeast and the extremely poor black areas in the west and the downtown central areas.

please pardon the inane comments on the vid. it was posted by the COCC - the council of conservative (or concerned) citizens, an ultra right wing citizen's action group. i do not condone nor agree with any of their views. this was simply the best and longest vid of the riots i could find on youtube.

again my sympathy was with the people standing up to the police.

0dCZyXFU8pQ

this is a video posted by cincinnati copwatch. a group of citizens who follow the cincinnati cops around with cameras. it gets ugly.

n-8mpZIT5Uk

man the cincinnati police are the worst. to top it off the high sheriff of hamilton county, a fcukwit named simon leis, is one of the worst ultra right wing scumbags on planet earth.

Chic Freak
23-Dec-2007, 07:51 PM
between 1995 and 2001 15 black men were either shot to death or (more ominously) died while in custody including a guy named roger owensby who died as the result of a choke hold.

God, that's horrific. There are serial killers who have less murders under their belt than that.

MikePizzoff
23-Dec-2007, 09:23 PM
I didn't watch the first video because I could give two sh1ts about what some right-wing closet racists have to say, but that second video is f*cked up. I'm glad they've got that Copwatch thing going.

EvilNed
23-Dec-2007, 09:29 PM
Gruesome. Goes to show how much of the news comes across the pond, I guess, I never ever heard of this.

Mike70
23-Dec-2007, 10:23 PM
I didn't watch the first video because I could give two sh1ts about what some right-wing closet racists have to say, but that second video is f*cked up. I'm glad they've got that Copwatch thing going.

mike check it out. the vid is footage of the riot. the comments i was warning everyone about are little snipy graphic comments inserted into the footage.