PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Hobbits

SRP76
25-Dec-2007, 03:32 AM
Well, not really, just the movies featuring them.

It seems everyplace I go, there is Lord Of the Rings hype everywhere, as if these were the greatest flicks ever to hit a screen.

I, on the other hand, absolutely despise the movies. I thought they were boring, boring, and boring! I don't see the "greatness".

Am I the only one? Isn't there anyone else who doesn't like the Lord of the Rings movies?

Relic
25-Dec-2007, 03:40 AM
I'm not a fan of Tolkien as a writer, and I'm certainly not a fantasy genre reader, but I did really like the films. So did my wife, who normally despises anything fantasy.

But it will only get worse for you. Peter Jackson is producing "The Hobbit," set to come out in Christmas '09.

Mike70
25-Dec-2007, 03:48 AM
Well, not really, just the movies featuring them

are you taking the piss here? (hellsing and MZ i think i've gotten this right finally) are you pulling our plongers???

come on dude. i find damn near most your opinions on here interesting (even when i don't agree with them) and worthy of reply but frak me i love all three of the LOTR movies. there is something, well i don't want to sound poncy about it, magical about them - especially the fellowship of the ring.

you haven't been listening to too much kevin smith have you?????

SRP76
25-Dec-2007, 03:59 AM
you haven't been listening to too much kevin smith have you?????

Huh? Did he make a Hobbit flick? I might have to take a look at that.

Last thing I saw from him was Dogma, so I haven't kept up....

Mike70
25-Dec-2007, 04:06 AM
Huh? Did he make a Hobbit flick? I might have to take a look at that.

Last thing I saw from him was Dogma, so I haven't kept up....

no but he infamous for trying to trash the LOTR movies as "walking movies"

if the last thing you saw was dogma (one of only two decent movies he has done) you've have missed frak all. nothing in other words.

Danny
25-Dec-2007, 01:40 PM
the lord of the rings was a masterpiece, sure it was mostly either walking or fighting but that trilogy is one of the most epic pieces of cinema ive ever seen, and one that uses special effects to enhance the scene, rather than drown it in it, compared to the rings films the second star wars trilogy is trash.

EvilNed
25-Dec-2007, 05:09 PM
The Lord of the Rings was a masterpiece, if you're out to make a dull flick. I can't stand them. The first film is alright. Pretty good even. It's got a plot going with a well structured script. The second and third are just so damn dull and pointless. Definetly NOT masterpieces.

Films in general are too long. People need to wake up and realize that a 90 minute flick is more often than not much better than a 2 hour flick. And if you're gonna make a 3 hour flick, then you have to have a good reason for doing it! Der Untergang, Once Upon a Time in the West. Two three hour flicks that are masterpieces. Lord of the Rings. An average flick filled with clichés that just becomes all the worse for being so long.

And yes, anything after Dogma is ****e when it comes to K. Smith.

Danny
25-Dec-2007, 05:10 PM
And yes, anything after Dogma is ****e when it comes to K. Smith.

www.youfail.org (still funny)

your saying the "interspecies erottica" scene was funny?, when he lifts up the donkeys tail, flobs in his hand then reaches down his pants? you didnt laugh?:eek:

EvilNed
25-Dec-2007, 05:14 PM
I can understand if the LOTR crowd found that funny, yeah...

DjfunkmasterG
26-Dec-2007, 06:23 PM
www.youfail.org (still funny)

your saying the "interspecies erottica" scene was funny?, when he lifts up the donkeys tail, flobs in his hand then reaches down his pants? you didnt laugh?:eek:

Clerks 2 is garbage.