PDA

View Full Version : Games I got as Tribute/mini review

Terran
27-Dec-2007, 07:23 PM
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (havent played it yet)

Super Mario Galaxy....(maybe the best Mario ever)....GRAVITY is kick ass....sometimes its just hella fun to take super leaps off the edge of a planet to put yourself in brief orbit...AWSOME game...9.7

Wii Play (havent played it yet)

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles....(hard is punishingly difficult even with two players)...Really enjoying it so far but I find it less fun single player 7.5

Madden 08 Really fun...especially now that it has online play....though I still prefer to play against my brother.....7.8

Battalion Wars....Havent tried out the online play but it looks like it could be a lot of fun...7.0

MLB Power Pros.....Now this one was a real surprise...we thought it was giong to be a simple Mii like baseball game....but its a complex and in depth Baseball game that just uses Mii like MLB players....leage features, create team, create player, unlockable stadiums and teams and special features...Adjustable levels of control...you want to control ever player on the fields actions ...you can do it....you just want to bat and pitch and let the computer field the ball for you sure....you want to use motion controls over standardized controls you can......This game was a real surprise....all it needs is an online mode....*HOPES FOR A SEQUAL* 8.5

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn....I think the rating gamespot gave it was a bit unfair...I love the difficulty of the game....very strategic play style I like having to really have to think out my moves... Id give it a 7.2 ....Im still early in the story so I cant comment much about that particular gripe...but so far Im enjoying whats going on...

capncnut
27-Dec-2007, 08:08 PM
Super Mario Galaxy....(maybe the best Mario ever)....GRAVITY is kick ass....sometimes its just hella fun to take super leaps off the edge of a planet to put yourself in brief orbit...AWSOME game...9.7
Can't get enough of SMG! Not only have Nintendo churned the leading console this year but have quite possibly churned out the leading game too.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (havent played it yet)
Played this at a friends house the other week and I'm definitely gonna buy it.

slickwilly13
27-Dec-2007, 08:41 PM
Metroid Prime 3 is a great game. I beat it a week ago. But I found the game to be easier than Metroid Prime 2. Has anyone beat SMG, yet?

Danny
27-Dec-2007, 09:03 PM
oh aye, played more of galaxy tonight, its so ****ing fantastic, its the best nintendo game in years, the best since the wiis launch.

capncnut
28-Dec-2007, 02:19 PM
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles....(hard is punishingly difficult even with two players)...
Actually, I'm finding that it's a tad easier using the Wii Zapper. Plus you get Links Crossbow Training bundled in with it and that's a game worth owning in itself.

Danny
28-Dec-2007, 02:24 PM
the zappers ar eharder to get than the wii's around here, and there was a 30 person que leading into game for THREE wii's they had in stock, youd think the 5th or 6th person would have gone "you know, no, no i dont think were going to get one", what the people in the 20's and up were thinking ive got no idea:lol:

Terran
28-Dec-2007, 05:23 PM
Actually, I'm finding that it's a tad easier using the Wii Zapper. Plus you get Links Crossbow Training bundled in with it and that's a game worth owning in itself.

yeah I have Links Crossbow training....but for some reason I find it a bit easier not to use the Crossbow....Using the knife with the gun is a bit to much swinging a gun around, but when the wiimote is in its usual configuration its much easier to swing the knife around....I dunno...