PDA

View Full Version : Futurama Movie thoughts (no spoilers)

Terran
28-Dec-2007, 10:29 AM
Far better than the simpsons movie...(I thought funnier too)

Well written plot
Great implementation of past characters and past plots...
Many Laughs....Id like to spout off many of the quotes that made me laugh but it may be spoilers in a sense
I dunno I always felt there was a lot of substance in futurama....

Anyone else see it and have any thoughts....?

bassman
28-Dec-2007, 11:05 AM
I havent seen it yet, but I knew it had to be better than The Simpsons movie. In my opinion, Futurama was always the best of the two.

I didn't know this had even been released yet.:confused: Aren't there about five straight-to-dvd movies that are supposed to be coming? Seems like I remember reading that....

Danny
28-Dec-2007, 01:42 PM
i havent seen it in shops yet but ive got higher hopes than i had for the simpsons movie, ive allways preffered futurama, at least thats got an excuse for impossible stuff to happen, the old simspons when it was mroe like king of the hill about "real" family stuff, like homer having no money for presents on christmas and stuff was good but now its just insane, or repeats fo old sotrylines like bart gets in trouble again and has to go to a camp again. Its a sahme futurama finished as it still to the end kept that funny fresh humour for scifi nerds from start to finish.

MinionZombie
28-Dec-2007, 03:07 PM
I saw it last month and it's absolutely fantastically funny, and as you said Terran, the plot is intricate and rib-achingly funny.

I enjoyed The Simpson's Movie, but Bender's Big Score was DEFINITELY the funnier of the two (just less polished looking)...it was kind of like an animated TV movie, rather than The Simpson's Movie was like an animated movie-movie...if that makes sense.

I look forward to the other 3 (or is it 4) more Futurama DVD movies to come, if they're like Bender's Big Score, they'll be superb.

It just goes to show, Fox were friggin' morons for cancelling the show - but Farnsworth's explanation of where they've been for the last few years was hilarious, and stuck it to Fox in classic Groening style. The call backs to the TV show and earlier characters and so on was just great, really well implemented, slotted in here and there or in the background.

The jokes were thick & fast for the most part, hammering out one after another, and just puts the current state of The Simpson's to shame, it really does...which is a shame for Homer & Co, because when that show was in its prime, it was on fire.

EvilNed
28-Dec-2007, 07:16 PM
I didn't think it was hilarious. Infact I turned it off after 30 minutes. But it might just have been a bad day. It wasn't a bad film, mind you, it just didn't captivate me.

Andy
28-Dec-2007, 07:31 PM
I Still dont even know if its out in the UK yet, but i ordered it off amazon over a month ago from the USA and it is awesome, i cant wait for the next one :shifty:

MinionZombie
28-Dec-2007, 10:39 PM
Not out in the UK yet, only came out on Region 1 in November.

I was on Amazon.com today, what a bloody rip off their international posting is. For starters they didn't even have the one-business-day shipping they boasted about, and then the one they had which was closest was f*cking 32 goddamned dollars - PLUS IMPORT DUTIES ... :eek: - F*CK THAT!