PDA

View Full Version : The Crazies...bargain alert

Legion2213
30-Dec-2007, 11:33 AM
This is currently £4 at amazon UK.

I ordered it up the other day with a few other bits and bobs (should be here in the next day or two). Good oportunity to pick up a cool GAR movie for a great price.

Haven't seen this movie for several years, I am looking forward to watching it again. :)

Edit: you need to spend £15 at Amazon to get free postage, but I'm sure that you could pick up a few CD's, DVD's or books with this movie and still be quids in.

EvilNed
30-Dec-2007, 01:18 PM
Hmm. I didn't find the movie to be that great, but four quid might be worth it.

Legion2213
30-Dec-2007, 01:33 PM
The Crazies is the only non-zombie GAR film I've ever seen to be honest, it's ok as movies of this genere go. I just piggy backed it onto to an order when I saw the knock-down price.

EvilNed
30-Dec-2007, 01:36 PM
I think it's veeery low budget sometimes, and the acting is horrific. But it has a few nice ideas, and thematically you can tell who wrote and directed it.

capncnut
30-Dec-2007, 06:29 PM
I think I paid the same price for it at HMV a while back.

DubiousComforts
01-Jan-2008, 02:59 AM
I think it's veeery low budget sometimes, and the acting is horrific. But it has a few nice ideas, and thematically you can tell who wrote and directed it.
As a genre film, the sum total of The CRAZIES isn't greater than its individual parts. It just seems like all the elements didn't come together the way they did for NIGHT. A lot of hard work was obviously put into it, but perhaps not the same amount of care or craftsmanship, though I agree that it has many good ideas and themes.

MontagMOI
01-Jan-2008, 02:06 PM
I like The Crazies and it always has a special place in my heart as the first Romero film i saw late one Saturday night on BBC2. It was on a double-bill with an old B+W film and the opening scenes gave me nightmares (i was about 8 or 9)

Doc
01-Jan-2008, 04:43 PM
I've heard they are remaking this film. is this true?

capncnut
01-Jan-2008, 05:03 PM
I think the remake has been shelved, Doc.