PDA

View Full Version : Evans City Stories

DrSiN
30-Dec-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi everyone. I've just wrapped up the script that is the first in a series of shorts that take place in or around Evans City directly proceeding the events of Night of the Living Dead. Each short of 5 to 15 minutes in length and I have 5 outlined and 1 scripted. The final products will be released to the net.

The plan is to shoot a new short every few months starting with the filming of the first episode in late Feb. So I'm looking for anyone in the Raleigh NC area who might be interested in helping out. We are still looking for an effect / makeup artist as well as general assistants. This is a no-budget production so we are looking for people who just love what they are doing.

If you are interested in helping, drop me a line at producer@evanscitystories.com

J.

clanglee
01-Jan-2008, 01:16 AM
Sounds like a cool concept. Good luck.

DubiousComforts
01-Jan-2008, 03:44 PM
Sounds great, but why call it Evans City Stories if it's a prequel to Night? Of course, it's where the film was shot, but Evans City isn't actually referenced in Night of the Living Dead. The fictitious town of Willard is mentioned, but it's not known where the farmhouse or Beekman's Diner is located.

DrSiN
03-Jan-2008, 04:28 AM
Well, Evans City was mentioned in Night 90 which to be honest I prefer over Night 68 and let's not start another flame war about which is better, both are great films, the rest is personal preference!

When I say prequel to the events of Night of the Living Dead I don't necessarily mean it's a prequel to either Night 68 or Night 90. Just a prequel to the story of Night of the Living Dead. I'm not shackling myself to either film however throughout all of the stories, various characters from NOTLD will be referenced. In fact, Ben is in one of them.

But he won't be Ben from either film, he's just Ben.

Aint fiction and fan art grand!

Danny
03-Jan-2008, 04:34 AM
Sounds great, but why call it Evans City Stories if it's a prequel to Night? .

slightly late evening of the dead doesnt have the same ring to it, plus now i think about it, cant this be like "40 minutes befor the night of the living dead" since thats when they started to rise?

Aint fiction and fan art grand!

....man, whe i typed in the mighty boosh on deviant art to find my avatar again i saw someone did some howard and old greg fan yaoi wich would beg to differ:dead:

ProfessorChaos
04-Jan-2008, 04:35 AM
pretty cool concept. at least you aren't doing another remake. good luck, looking forward to seeing it....i hope.:shifty:

DubiousComforts
06-Jan-2008, 04:24 AM
slightly late evening of the dead doesnt have the same ring to it, plus now i think about it, cant this be like "40 minutes before the night of the living dead" since thats when they started to rise?

Night '68 takes place at least 24 hours after the phenomena has begun. How about "The Day Before Night of The Living Dead"? :p

Well, Evans City was mentioned in Night 90 which to be honest I prefer over Night 68 and let's not start another flame war about which is better, both are great films, the rest is personal preference!
It's your story, nobody is mentioning preference over either film (except you). :D Is it stated that Night 90 takes place in Evans City? I never noticed that before. All I do know is that the location continuity of Night '68 is screwed up due to Johnny & Barbra's conversation in the first scene.

DrSiN
06-Jan-2008, 02:31 PM
In Night 90, Cooper talks of Evans City being only 5 miles away.

acealive1
07-Jan-2008, 09:44 PM
In Night 90, Cooper talks of Evans City being only 5 miles away.

"we can make evans city on friggin' (fcuking) fumes :lol::lol:

thats a glaring over dub

DubiousComforts
08-Jan-2008, 12:56 PM
"we can make evans city on friggin' (fcuking) fumes :lol::lol:

thats a glaring over dub
Do you mean they dubbed that line in after the fact just to mention Evans City?

DrSiN
09-Jan-2008, 05:17 AM
While I start ramping up preproduction, I thought it would be fun to give a couple of regulars here a chance to read the first script. If your interested, drop me a message.