PDA

View Full Version : just saw the doctor who christmas ep...

Mike70
31-Dec-2007, 03:33 AM
sort of like a "posiedon adventure" in space. we loved it.

we also totally loved the short before it with peter davison. both of us are huge doctor who fans and really liked seeing one of the classic doctors with david tennant.
FtdGwiMtZ08
_7tvXaRpMpY

Danny
31-Dec-2007, 04:16 AM
i didnt enjoy it becuase it was like the posiedon adventure in space, mz can call me jaded all eh wants but i really think davis is a mediocre writer who relys on staples rather than origionality, though i liked how the trailer instantly got rid of all that "is there a woman bad guy, possibly that time lord woman" 'mystery' rather than another series fo hints.
Though the ood being back in season 3 is gonna be one of its highlights i reckon, like how did they escape the black whole planet satan was on?

MinionZombie
31-Dec-2007, 10:24 AM
In the UK it's a "series", and it'll be series 4, not 3. :p:sneaky:

And you are jaded, you never seem to like any movie/show people talk about on here of late. :rolleyes:

In a Bam Margera "Vito, I'm goin' skatin' again!" stylee, I'm gonna go watch Lost or something! :D:p

Tricky
31-Dec-2007, 01:07 PM
Sorry Who fans,but i thought it was an absolute steaming dog turd!it reminded me of why i stopped watching the new Dr Who's,the baddies are always the same just in different costume,the acting is abysmal (all with their "acting school" accents) and it tries to be too lighthearted & fun,which previous Dr Who's never were,they were always dark & quite serious.My parents thought the same as well,and they grew up being scared by the Dr Who's of their time!
I thought it was ridiculous when the Doctor was lifted up by those angel things near the end,almost as bad as when they were flinging their halo's about!
Thumbs well down from me im afraid

Danny
31-Dec-2007, 06:03 PM
In the UK it's a "series", and it'll be series 4, not 3. :p:sneaky:

And you are jaded, you never seem to like any movie/show people talk about on here of late. :rolleyes:

... god dammit hes right.

kortick
31-Dec-2007, 08:23 PM
I love dr who and for the record
i hate all you english folk for getting to see it
even if it sucked

watch some of the crap they put on american tv
and youll be kisssing the ass of who made that show

but my biggest dr who cry is that roger delgado died
Imagine the pairing of tom baker as the doctor against
roger delgado as the master. My god, it would have been brilliant!
both of them would have been chewing up every scene to bits
not like ainley.

I get to see the new season on sci fi
and the ones i saw i liked
there are so many toys now its amazing
you could fill your house
life size k9s, huge daleks, (both radio controlled)
cybermen, and all things.

I like all the doctors
you just gotta get used to the switch
like when pertwee left i never thought id like baker
or davidson or.....

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2008, 10:42 AM
I know, because heaven forbid us Brits should get to see something we made, and first no less! :sneaky::p:D

capncnut
01-Jan-2008, 03:28 PM
Mmm, it was okay. Not bad but not great either.

my biggest dr who cry is that roger delgado died...
Yeah, Delgado was the MAN!

Mike70
02-Jan-2008, 02:53 AM
haysoos. roger delgado. the original mwahaha master. damn. speed and crappy turkish roads just don't mix.

i am feeling tricky a bit on the new doctor who. i stopped watching the new ones at the end of series 3 - losing the tardis and the master being a frakking politician were just too damn much for me. also i thought that dude playing the master just flat out sucked. he was about as ominous and evil as one of my cats stalking a plastic mouse toy.

i am willing to give series 4 a shot though.

christopher eccelston rocked as the doctor and it is a damn shame that he was only around for one series.

Tricky
02-Jan-2008, 12:07 PM
I liked the episodes when slyvester mcoy was the doctor,i was only a kid then but i thought they were pretty good!especially the one with the cat people,and remembrance of the daleks,the heavy weapons dalek was great!
http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/daleks_imperial_and_special_weapons.jpg

capncnut
02-Jan-2008, 02:20 PM
also i thought that dude playing the master just flat out sucked.
John Simm. This man has been heavily rumoured to replace David Tennant as The Doctor in a strange twist.

especially the one with the cat people...
I can't remember the name of that story but it had The Master in it as well. Anthony Ainley wasn't too bad, about as good as your'e gonna get when it comes to replacing Delgado. Cracking little story too.

SymphonicX
02-Jan-2008, 02:31 PM
(SPOILERS!!)

thumbs down for the xmas ep from me too. I hate Kyle Minogue with a seering passion. I was glad when it was over, especially seeing her *SPOILER* engulfed in flames *END SPOILER* at the end....good stuff...other than that it was boring -and whoever said about the bad guys always being the same, hats off for being the only other person to realise that!! Every episode has shambling, walking humanoid characters walking along...cases in point:

First episode with the mannequins
Cybermen
the marrionette things in the Madame du Pompador ep
more cybermen
sick people grown in test tubes (rather Romero-esque that one - just like zombies)
gas mask people in the blitz episodes
more mannequins
Ood (they found a different way to get there, but it still culminated in shambling walking humaniod types)
"the idiots lantern" - this time faceless people walking around but uniquely posed no threat

list goes on and on and on..

still though, I do love Dr Who - loved the third series but actually miss Billie, she's lovely...

Actually now I'm a little bored of going "Oh look its xxxxx from xxxx" (usually "from Eastenders!) The xmas ep was "oh look its Richard from Keeping up appearances!"

Arghh!! Formulaic springs to mind...

Rhaz
02-Jan-2008, 07:16 PM
the wife and i love the new who.
though we do desperately miss eccleston's doctor and rose :(
happy to hear rose is coming back:D (for a few eps, anyway)
thought simms was an awesome master;)
was disappointed that martha was around for an entire season:barf:, and depressed that she will not only be back, but will show up on torchwood, as well:annoyed:
(still upset martha didn't die a miserable death before we could learn to hate her:mad:)
absolutely love captain jack:thumbsup:
the new xmas special was ok, liked the last two so much better.

and, you brits are lucky when it comes to tv programming. everything over here pretty much sucks.
there is much love for brit tv in my household, we watch alot of bbc america.:)

SymphonicX
07-Jan-2008, 02:24 PM
Captain Pr*ckf*ckness.....I HATE HIM!!!!!!! DIE DIE DIE!!