PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone doing for new year's?

Chic Freak
31-Dec-2007, 10:13 AM
Liam and I are going round to my parents' for a massive four course dinner and then probably coming home, changing out of formal clothes and going down the pub! Not the most exciting NYE in the world, but hey.

Anyone doing something more exciting? Or less exciting, so I don't feel jealous? :lol:

MinionZombie
31-Dec-2007, 10:22 AM
Having a family night in with a slap up meal, it's rare to have all the family together so I'm making the most of it now. My group of friends are scattered all over the Midlands now and I'm really lazy, plus I've got a bit of a jippy gut at the moment...and I'm lazy some more.

I'm not really one for pubs & clubs and so on in the end of the day anyway...plus I'm super lazy. :D:lol::p

Tricky
31-Dec-2007, 01:10 PM
Well i was supposed to be going to sundissential in leeds tomorrow,but plans have fallen through it would seem!and its much harder organising nights out now that a lot of my friends are falling by the wayside & settling down :(
Just a night out on the razzle round the locals i think!

DjfunkmasterG
31-Dec-2007, 02:03 PM
I am sitting my fat ass on the couch and watching TV. I spent the whole weekend painting in my house and I am worn out.

:thumbsup:

dracenstein
31-Dec-2007, 02:05 PM
A Voodoo party!

We are going to have a stab at resurrecting poor old Orville!

Danny
31-Dec-2007, 06:11 PM
today?, ive been out late with freinds all week so i sent them all the same "bugger off" text and my moms out at my uncles so i can just have free roam of the house and sit in peace listening to loud music and eatin' pringles all night. as you do.
Unfortunatly im probably going to get dragged out tomorrow even though for the last 6 years or so ive just gone "its just going from december to january, on the millenium it was interesting, 2008. not so much"

wyvern1096
31-Dec-2007, 08:49 PM
Working.:)

slickwilly13
31-Dec-2007, 10:18 PM
Not sure, yet. Right now I am cleaning and packing the rest of the living room. Lots of dusk.:ukk:

acealive1
31-Dec-2007, 10:52 PM
im going to a good friend of mines house and chilling. nothing special,real quiet too.

Yojimbo
31-Dec-2007, 11:27 PM
I will be chilling out at home with my wife. We have a young pit bull puppy that we are toilet training, so that will be my activity for the evening (chasing a puppy around the house, making sure he doesn't foul my floor)

In another life, I wouldn't have been caught dead at home on New Years Eve, and would have insisted on living large at a bar, or club, or some loud party. Nowdays, my idea of a good time is being able to sit and relax with a beer and watch the fireplace, or the TV. Boring, maybe, but I am looking forward being mellow.

Neil
01-Jan-2008, 12:05 AM
Meal/party with my friends, including my friend who is back from Australia after having gone thru a brain op to remove a tumour... So quite an important group gathering really (for her sake)... Put's things in context really!

Anyway.. Happy New Year scum bags...

clanglee
01-Jan-2008, 12:14 AM
Working.:)

Ditto, unfortunately. :(

vissionaerie
01-Jan-2008, 02:07 AM
in a truck stop in arizona.....yeah....:dead::annoyed::annoyed:...i guess it could be worse...it's the first year i can't watch the ball drop in new york

Debbieangel
01-Jan-2008, 02:23 AM
Staying home and relaxing! Playing with my new laptop!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!:D

Danny
01-Jan-2008, 02:57 AM
lol, its 3:55AM and i just got a drunken call form my mom at her brothers place wishing me a merry christmas.

someones had a touch too much of the shine methinks:lol:

LoSTBoY
01-Jan-2008, 03:11 AM
Happy new year y'all!

I just got back from my new year party, pretty tame to tell you the truth.

But I'm looking forward to the new years day Wii party my bud & wife is having tomorrow.

Gonna kick some wii ass!

P.S His wife..not mine. :p

kortick
01-Jan-2008, 04:15 AM
I spent my new years eve cleaning up blood all over
the walls and floors and ceiling and furniture.
My nephews girlfriend went psycho
and stabbed him. Twice.
There was blood everywhere and
not splashes, but puddles.
He called me from the hospital to tell me
what happened. I said, "the years hasnt even started yet and already this happens. other people are drinking champagne
and Im dealing with cops, detectives, and bleach to remove
blood." He must have sprayed like a fire hose,
it was everywhere, and i mean everywhere.

Heres the story from the paper:

Woman charged in stabbing

Monday, December 31, 2007

PROVIDENCE — A woman was charged with felony assault after she allegedly stabbed her boyfriend in the back twice in the couple’s Mount Hope apartment.
Michael B***ers, was being treated in the Hospital emergency room. The police said his wounds were considered life-threatening.
Stephanie S****tere, 26, was charged with assault.

Oh, this is gonna be a great year I can tell.
Its starting of with a bang.

strayrider
01-Jan-2008, 07:04 AM
Worked, actually.

Unfortunately there were no fights on my coach this evening.

Last night a couple of punks went at each other like it was the WWF. Couldn't help but LMFAO while they bashed each others faces against the handrails.

:D

-stray-

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2008, 10:35 AM
Yep, as I'd said, just a quiet one for me.

Watched the ball drop, so-to-speak on TV...is it me or were there a distinct lack of post-midnight New Year's related programming?

And what the hell happened to Edinburgh?! They used to have the best fireworks show in the country, but in 2004, then in 2006 and seemingly this year as well - NO fireworks. Come on Edinburgh, get of your ass and show Britain how it's done.

The London fireworks show looked pretty good, maybe a tad over-smokey due to the sheer volume (£1 million worth, aka $2 million-ish for our American chums), so it whited out at times, but impressive nonetheless.

Anyway, here's to 2008. :)

Tricky
01-Jan-2008, 11:37 AM
Yup quiet one for me as well,stayed in with the girl i met a couple of weeks ago,neither of us were really in the mood to go out,especially as xmas eve was a real anti-climax in town!watched the fireworks on TV,sank some wine,then had a mighty boosh session!

Neil
01-Jan-2008, 12:40 PM
I spent my new years eve cleaning up blood all over
the walls and floors and ceiling and furniture.
My nephews girlfriend went psycho
and stabbed him. Twice.
There was blood everywhere and
not splashes, but puddles.
He called me from the hospital to tell me
what happened. I said, "the years hasnt even started yet and already this happens. other people are drinking champagne
and Im dealing with cops, detectives, and bleach to remove
blood." He must have sprayed like a fire hose,
it was everywhere, and i mean everywhere.

Heres the story from the paper:

Woman charged in stabbing

Monday, December 31, 2007

PROVIDENCE — A woman was charged with felony assault after she allegedly stabbed her boyfriend in the back twice in the couple’s Mount Hope apartment.
Michael B***ers, was being treated in the Hospital emergency room. The police said his wounds were considered life-threatening.
Stephanie S****tere, 26, was charged with assault.

WTF! :stunned:

capncnut
01-Jan-2008, 03:39 PM
Mine wasn't much better man. Believe me, take comfort in knowing that my New Year's was just as messy and depressing.

kidgloves
01-Jan-2008, 06:26 PM
Took a trip down to Harrow (kind of Northish London to our US friends) and hit the boozers early with 2 friends who i haven't seen for ages. Then back to 1 of my mates for a party before the pubs started filling up and getting stupid. I only lasted till about 3 before calling it a night. Getting old now guys and gals and showing a bit of wear and tear.

wyvern1096
01-Jan-2008, 07:52 PM
in a truck stop in arizona.....yeah....:dead::annoyed::annoyed:...i guess it could be worse...it's the first year i can't watch the ball drop in new york

Been there and done that. How long have you been driving for a living?

acealive1
02-Jan-2008, 01:14 AM
just got home, lets just say i had a great time:shifty:

LoSTBoY
02-Jan-2008, 03:16 AM
just got home, lets just say i had a great time:shifty:

:thumbsup:

Chic Freak
06-Jan-2008, 12:05 PM
WTF! :stunned:

Indeed! :stunned:

Mine was messy in the non-gory way. I still have a bruise on my face from where I fell down a flight of stairs (not that I remember actually falling...). Hopefully it'll be gone in time for work on Tuesday! :lol: Self-control is something I still need to learn, apparently.