PDA

View Full Version : what is going through their minds?!?!

acealive1
31-Dec-2007, 07:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3175037

they gave him a contract extension through 2011 earlier this year then fired him................real nice. i guess a superbowl for an expansion team isnt good enough.

SRP76
01-Jan-2008, 12:52 PM
They weren't an expansion team. They were the Cleveland Browns renamed.

The SuperBowl was 7 seasons ago. That's a long time.

And look at the progress made this year: from 13-3 to the 5th pick in the Draft. The franchise completely went down the toilet (not to mention the fact that last year was the only good season since that long-ago SuperBowl).

In addition, the man was supposed to be an "offensive guru". In almost a DECADE, the man's offense has never cracked the top 10. Not to mention the fact that he has never even brought in a good offensive player in all that time. Come on, out of 80 draft picks, he went oh-fer in getting a top guy for that offense. They whiffed every single year under Billick.

The Ravens will be better without him.

major jay
02-Jan-2008, 10:24 PM
I think those players lost respect for him. They sure played that way. Ace are you a Browns or Bengals fan?
Go Steelers!

acealive1
02-Jan-2008, 10:46 PM
I think those players lost respect for him. They sure played that way. Ace are you a Browns or Bengals fan?
Go Steelers!

im a packers fan

They weren't an expansion team. They were the Cleveland Browns renamed.

The SuperBowl was 7 seasons ago. That's a long time.

And look at the progress made this year: from 13-3 to the 5th pick in the Draft. The franchise completely went down the toilet (not to mention the fact that last year was the only good season since that long-ago SuperBowl).

In addition, the man was supposed to be an "offensive guru". In almost a DECADE, the man's offense has never cracked the top 10. Not to mention the fact that he has never even brought in a good offensive player in all that time. Come on, out of 80 draft picks, he went oh-fer in getting a top guy for that offense. They whiffed every single year under Billick.

The Ravens will be better without him.

so how do the new browns get called an expansion team when they redebuted then? the ravens are an expansion team just like the jaguars and the panthers. expansion is applied to any new team. just like when the raiders moved to los angeles

SRP76
02-Jan-2008, 11:42 PM
im a packers fan

so how do the new browns get called an expansion team when they redebuted then? the ravens are an expansion team just like the jaguars and the panthers. expansion is applied to any new team. just like when the raiders moved to los angeles

Packers? PACKERS?! :mad:

Anyway....

The Raiders certainly were not an expansion team!:lol: They simply moved the location of the team, just like the Colts, Rams, and Cardinals.

The Houston Oilers moved as well, as did the Browns. When the Browns left, all they did was give up the name, colors, and record book. The ownership, staff, and entire roster simply moved to Baltimore.

The "new" Browns were an expansion franchise: there was no existing team. They built it from scratch. This happened with Carolina and Jacksonville, and back when Tampa Bay and Seattle came into the NFL. Expansion is when the League adds a team, not when a team moves. That's just relocation.

darth los
02-Jan-2008, 11:57 PM

The Raiders certainly were not an expansion team!:lol: They simply moved the location of the team, just like the Colts, Rams, and Cardinals.

The Houston Oilers moved as well, as did the Browns. When the Browns left, all they did was give up the name, colors, and record book. The ownership, staff, and entire roster simply moved to Baltimore.

The "new" Browns were an expansion franchise: there was no existing team. They built it from scratch. This happened with Carolina and Jacksonville, and back when Tampa Bay and Seattle came into the NFL. Expansion is when the League adds a team, not when a team moves. That's just relocation.

Technically that might be right but i think of expansion as giving a franchise to a city that previously didn't have one. Like you said from scratch such as teams like the toronto raptors or colorodo rockies or the aforementioned new browns. But when a team moves to a new city i don't consider that a true expansion but more of a relocation as in the raven's case.

acealive1
03-Jan-2008, 01:17 AM
Packers? PACKERS?! :mad:

Anyway....

um the browns were dormant for like 5 years, hence an expansion team. and what do u mean a'll they did was give up the colors,names and the record books" ? that would imply its an entirely new team if theres no records anymore. and yes,packers...........problem?

SRP76
03-Jan-2008, 01:26 AM
yes,packers...........problem?

Depends on the next three weeks. They're safe, for now...

darth los
03-Jan-2008, 02:52 AM

Truth be told, the nfc is wide open this year. In any case it's going to be a tall order to beat whichever afc sqad they have to face. Anything can happen in sports though and champions aren't crowned on paper. That's why they actually play the game. If that were the case we could forego the playoffs right now and just crown the patriots.:D

acealive1
03-Jan-2008, 03:17 AM

oh boy here we go again. whos your team? the texans? :rolleyes:

SRP76
03-Jan-2008, 03:23 AM
oh boy here we go again. whos your team? the texans? :rolleyes:

New England. The team that everyone has been trying to say "sucks", and "they're gonna lose this week", and on and on all year. Every week, the eggheads on the tube that hate on them have been latching onto a new Personal Jesus, each team becoming the next Savior to rid the NFL of those hideous Pats.

And every week, I listened to them bitch and moan when their Messiah Of The Week got dropped.

If they weren't as good "as advertised", I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be 16-0 right now.

But, most of the sh*t talk has come out of Cowboys, Colts, and Steelers fans, though. Most Packers fans haven't really been dogging them.

acealive1
03-Jan-2008, 03:47 AM
New England. The team that everyone has been trying to say "sucks", and "they're gonna lose this week", and on and on all year. Every week, the eggheads on the tube that hate on them have been latching onto a new Personal Jesus, each team becoming the next Savior to rid the NFL of those hideous Pats.

And every week, I listened to them bitch and moan when their Messiah Of The Week got dropped.

If they weren't as good "as advertised", I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be 16-0 right now.

But, most of the sh*t talk has come out of Cowboys, Colts, and Steelers fans, though. Most Packers fans haven't really been dogging them.

:lol::lol::lol: a bandwagoner!!!!!

they're "that good" cuz they've been taping games for the last 4 years

SRP76
03-Jan-2008, 03:56 AM
:lol::lol::lol: a bandwagoner!!!!!

they're "that good" cuz they've been taping games for the last 4 years

Yeah, a 1-15 team gets a lot of "bandwagoners". Which is what they were a few years after I started watching them.

And I've been taping games for 10 years; want my draft pick, too? The "they cheat" bleating is pathetic. "Oh, when we tape your coaches from the box, it's not cheating, but when you tape ours from the sideline, that is". And yes, that's EXACTLY the hair-splitting rule they violated. People swear there's a difference.

And I love how the Jets claim that it was a videocamera that beat their triple-coverage for a TD. That wasn't Magnavox, Jets fans, that was Randy Moss. But they weren't alone; a whole lot of teams got burned all year long. And will continue to do so. First the Jaguars, then the Chargers, then....well, whatever Junior High team comes out of the NFC.

But I'm rooting for your Packers, though.

major jay
03-Jan-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm still holding out hope that New England will be beaten. All it will take is one good shot to Tom Brady's knee. Just like what happened to Carson Palmer in the playoff game versus the Steelers.

acealive1
03-Jan-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm still holding out hope that New England will be beaten. All it will take is one good shot to Tom Brady's knee. Just like what happened to Carson Palmer in the playoff game versus the Steelers.

i dont even like the bengals but im an SC trojans fan,so i was plenty pissed about that hit van olhoffen put on palmer. its almost worse than the hit one of the cowboys layed on favre earlier this season. helmet to elbow you say? cheatin bastards!!