PDA

View Full Version : any good Ps3 games???

SymphonicX
02-Jan-2008, 09:01 AM
I bought one for the blu-ray player cos I bought Dawn on that format and wanted to see it...I have Resistance: Fall of Man but tibh its a bit poo. Anyone got any good games to share??

Danny
02-Jan-2008, 01:19 PM
follore and motorstorem aint bad but aside from that its still pretty slow exlcuisives wise for the ps3, im waiting for the final word on final fantasy 13 myself.

Kaos
02-Jan-2008, 02:36 PM
I haven't been playing exclusives. I too got a PS3 for Blu-ray watching. I have been playing Star Wars Legos Complete Saga and The Simpsons game over the last two weeks. Both are very fun.

3pidemiC
02-Jan-2008, 02:42 PM
Although I haven't played it on the PS3,

The Orange Box.

CoinReturn
02-Jan-2008, 04:39 PM
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

SymphonicX
02-Jan-2008, 04:42 PM
I am debating Drake's Fortune but other than that I'm totally not impressed at anything on the ps3 yet...I mean, not even a blow-you-away Xmas title like Halo 3/COD4 was for the 360...unbelievable...

as for Ratchet and klank, defo not my type of game...neither is Motorstorm GP really, I kinda like extreme shooters - think Bioshock, COD, rainbow six vegas etc etc - played The SImpsons game and was really upset that it took the mickey out of annoying computer game traits whilst every step of the way it was frustrating and clunky...hmm....great humour though!

slickwilly13
02-Jan-2008, 05:19 PM
I bought one for the blu-ray player cos I bought Dawn on that format and wanted to see it...I have Resistance: Fall of Man but tibh its a bit poo. Anyone got any good games to share??

What type of games are you into?

SymphonicX
02-Jan-2008, 05:40 PM
What type of games are you into?

See above post:)

Games that took my fancy recently:

Halo 3
COD 4
Rainbow Six Vegas
Orange Box
The Darkness
Gears of War
Saints Row

basically anything for adults!!!

darth los
02-Jan-2008, 06:04 PM
The term "good ps3 games" is an oxy moron. Other than the blu ray player there really no good reason to buy one if you already own a 360. Ah, but curiosity is powerful isn't it?:sneaky:

CoinReturn
02-Jan-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh, I almost forgot about Unreal Tournament III. That should quench your FPS thirst for a while.

Andy
02-Jan-2008, 06:36 PM
That uncharted is getting good reviews everywhere i read..

CornishCorpse
02-Jan-2008, 08:16 PM
Unreal 3 is an awesome awesome awesome game which Im currently hooked on..Cod4 is out.. Orange box is supposed to be good. Ninja Gaiden is always fun to play and Uncharted: Drakes fortune is pretty fun but yeah ps3 exclusives are a bit but since were into 2008 plenty coming and the playstation has alot of great games. Bargain Games:

Half Life
God War
Dragon Quest
Devil May Cry
Tekken
DBZ

Yeah as you may have noticed from my game choice I do like blowing stuff up.

slickwilly13
02-Jan-2008, 08:46 PM
See above post:)

Games that took my fancy recently:

Halo 3
COD 4
Rainbow Six Vegas
Orange Box
The Darkness
Gears of War
Saints Row

basically anything for adults!!!

Sorry, over looked it.

Time Crisis 4
Warhawk
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Turok
Army of Two

darth los
03-Jan-2008, 02:58 AM
That uncharted is getting good reviews everywhere i read..

I'd have to give it to you on that one. However, it seems that for every resistance or drake's fortune the are atleast 10 other games that get mediocre scores. Even with those games geting good reviews there's still no killer app. I mean what game is compelling anybody to buy a ps3? it's getting late pretty early for sony to keep saying that the good games are on the way.And no matter what anybody says that's what sells consoles in the end imo.

Danny
03-Jan-2008, 03:22 AM
id hold off on orange box, the ps3 version has some programming faults apparently, theres a patch in a few weeks, id just hold off but if you dont own a decent gaming pc or a 360 id say thats a definite.

as for drakes fortune, i cant shake the "since we lost tomb raider as an exclusive, here it is slightly repackaged" vibe off this, that could be bollox, but its definatley the vibe im getting off that game and i couldnt shake it off to enjoy playing it really.

SoCalLoco
03-Jan-2008, 04:52 AM
Not really. No.

Resistance: FOM and MotorStorm are decent and Uncharted is very good (but lack of online play seems to stifle the replay value of it), but Lair & HS proved to be big disappointments. URT3 is pretty cool too, allbeit a little shallow.

It might get better though. Haze is due out in March (that is if it doesn't get delayed yet again), KZ2 & InFamous are dropping sometime this year too. They're exclusive to the PS3. MSG4 is coming out as well, but that might be showing up on the 360 too.

Multiplatform titles look pretty solid though, for 360 and PS3 users. We have GTA4, Army of Two, Fracture, Section 8, Dead Space, Borderlands & Rage coming out this year for both systems. Hopefully RE5 shows itself as well. But i'm thinking it won't drop until '09. You never know though.

Hope that helps.

SymphonicX
03-Jan-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the info guys!!

DeadJonas190
05-Jan-2008, 10:25 PM
I heard the game Folklore is really good, but I don't own a PS3 so I haven't played it.

CornishCorpse
05-Jan-2008, 10:33 PM
Folklore is good but it depends on what youre into its a RPG with two characters to pick from and you capture "folk" imagine bigger smarter pokemon who you can use not in a battle sense but to defend youreself in the otherworld or whatever its called. I may have described it badly but its quite good esepcially when you get the bigass folks..The combat system is each button is linked to one of four folks and when you hit O for example you will use a certain folk who will do a certain attack. You will see youre character do the action and the spirit of the folk do it as an attack..I only played the demo and wielding a griffin is fun.

Plus it has unparalleled prettyness in graphics but if youve ever seen the film Legend with Tom Cruise? Imagine the magicalness of that and kick it up 36. If youre a fantasy fan this is a must buy.

DeadJonas190
06-Jan-2008, 04:24 AM
Folklore is good but it depends on what youre into its a RPG with two characters to pick from and you capture "folk" imagine bigger smarter pokemon who you can use not in a battle sense but to defend youreself in the otherworld or whatever its called. I may have described it badly but its quite good esepcially when you get the bigass folks..The combat system is each button is linked to one of four folks and when you hit O for example you will use a certain folk who will do a certain attack. You will see youre character do the action and the spirit of the folk do it as an attack..I only played the demo and wielding a griffin is fun.

Plus it has unparalleled prettyness in graphics but if youve ever seen the film Legend with Tom Cruise? Imagine the magicalness of that and kick it up 36. If youre a fantasy fan this is a must buy.

I watch Legend once every few months. I love that movie. Now I hope this game comes to Xbox 360, becuase I will not buy a PS3.

Danny
06-Jan-2008, 07:11 AM
folklores the only exclusive ive enjoyed so far, its fable meets alone in the dark with an overall dark carnival vibe thrown in.

CornishCorpse
06-Jan-2008, 03:49 PM
I watch Legend once every few months. I love that movie. Now I hope this game comes to Xbox 360, becuase I will not buy a PS3.

Lol Sorry dude but its one of the few sony exclusives although it could be a timed exclusives. It came out last year so a release is possible this year. Its what they did with ut3, it came out for ps3 in december well in the US england doesnt get it till feb unless you import :D it comes out for the 360 this year minus the mod capabilities though