PDA

View Full Version : Spooky picture

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jan-2008, 12:33 PM
A 12 yr old playing with a new digital camera took this photo one night. There has been discussions about the picture depicting biblical figures.

http://www.kirotv.com/2008/0103/14972774.jpg

All pictures © 2008 KIRO-TV

MinionZombie
04-Jan-2008, 12:45 PM
For some reason that just looks fake as the bodies of the Girls of the Playboy Mansion to me. :shifty:

Neil
04-Jan-2008, 12:48 PM
Does look fake (for some reason)

bassman
04-Jan-2008, 12:51 PM
obviously fake.

MinionZombie
04-Jan-2008, 12:53 PM
I think the main give away is the stars in the background. A digital camera would have trouble focussing in the dark, especially on stars I would have thought. Also, they're just far too crisp and way to large. Plus, you're not deliberately taking a picture of a ghost - doi - so why would you be taking that picture at all?

Even testing it out you'd try it on something worthwhile, because a test is no use if you're testing with a composition you'd never otherwise use.

Shady as fook, mate.

Neil
04-Jan-2008, 01:19 PM
I think the main give away is the stars in the background. A digital camera would have trouble focussing in the dark, especially on stars I would have thought. Also, they're just far too crisp and way to large. Plus, you're not deliberately taking a picture of a ghost - doi - so why would you be taking that picture at all?

Even testing it out you'd try it on something worthwhile, because a test is no use if you're testing with a composition you'd never otherwise use.

Shady as fook, mate.

They're not stars... Dust or spooky orbs :)

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jan-2008, 02:00 PM
according to the news article. The family was on a vaction trip in the mountains when this picture was taken by the girl.

MinionZombie
04-Jan-2008, 02:35 PM
lol, Neil...orbs. :D

That always reminds me of that show with the scouser and the blue peter presenter on it and they shriek at some night vision footage of a speck of dust floating on current of air that's blatantly wafted in through one of the many, draft holes in the old-ass building they're recording in. :lol:

Now, sh*t like that picture from the real Amityville house taken in the stairwell and there's a little boy peering around a door - a kid who wasn't there - now that sorta thing shats me up.

bassman
04-Jan-2008, 03:01 PM
according to the news article. The family was on a vaction trip in the mountains when this picture was taken by the girl.

Yeah, but I could take a picture of what I leave in restrooms and say that it looks like a biblical reference, but that doesn't necessarily make it true.

People try to see things like that. Even if it isn't a photoshop job, it could be dust being blown up by the wind, or reflection of something in the distance, or a smudge on the camera, or a million other things...

capncnut
04-Jan-2008, 06:57 PM
That always reminds me of that show with the scouser and the blue peter presenter on it...
That scouser was on telly the other night talking to Tutankhamun. :lol:

Danny
04-Jan-2008, 10:25 PM
faked or just dust either way its what you make of it, granted you can see the steriotypical mary looking at the floor image, btu i can also see a doberman grinning up at her so...

darth los
05-Jan-2008, 01:34 AM
faked or just dust either way its what you make of it, granted you can see the steriotypical mary looking at the floor image, btu i can also see a doberman grinning up at her so...

That's all i was waiting for. Our resident Photographic hoax expert to weigh in. If hells says it's fake you can take it to the bank. :thumbsup:

clanglee
05-Jan-2008, 03:16 AM
I dunno if I'd say fake, so much as BS coincidence. That is either warm breath on a cold night or cig smoke. I'm a smoker, so I've taken many pics like this. The only thing spooky about the pic is the Lung Cancer. :stunned:

MinionZombie
05-Jan-2008, 11:26 AM
I took a pic the other night with my new digital camera I got for Xmas, and it was through a rainy window at night of the street lamp outside. In the top corner of the image is a blob of water on the window, but what it looks like (until you blow it up larger) is a gas mask face.

Then I had another picture where there was a sunlight reflection from somewhere (no idea where) that made an image that looked a hell of a lot like the Twin Towers, even with the horizontal line across the middle...

But it's all bollocks in the end.

Marie
05-Jan-2008, 02:27 PM
I took a pic the other night with my new digital camera I got for Xmas, and it was through a rainy window at night of the street lamp outside. In the top corner of the image is a blob of water on the window, but what it looks like (until you blow it up larger) is a gas mask face.

Then I had another picture where there was a sunlight reflection from somewhere (no idea where) that made an image that looked a hell of a lot like the Twin Towers, even with the horizontal line across the middle...

But it's all bollocks in the end.

Actually, it's human nature to try to make order out of disorder, which is why looking for shapes in clouds is so popular.

M_

MinionZombie
05-Jan-2008, 09:00 PM
Actually, it's human nature to try to make order out of disorder, which is why looking for shapes in clouds is so popular.

M_
Perzactly.

MaximusIncredulous
06-Jan-2008, 05:43 AM
Perzactly.

They gotta add that one to dictionary.com.

MinionZombie
06-Jan-2008, 12:31 PM
They gotta add that one to dictionary.com.
Along with "guesstimate". :D

Legion2213
06-Jan-2008, 01:26 PM
Along with "guesstimate". :D

"Guesstimate", meh....now this "perzactly" is one of the best made up words I've ever heard...along with my own creation "fantabulous".

Made up words are cool.

MinionZombie
06-Jan-2008, 03:17 PM
"Guesstimate", meh....now this "perzactly" is one of the best made up words I've ever heard...along with my own creation "fantabulous".

Made up words are cool.
You're monkey-mooing right they are you chapster. :thumbsup::cool::)

clanglee
09-Jan-2008, 02:50 AM

M_

It's a sort of anamism. Attributing human characteristics to inanimate objects. We catholics LOVE it. Every year you hear about the virgin Mary showing up on a piece of toast or a refigerator.