PDA

View Full Version : Warner Bros. to support Blu Ray exclusively

CoinReturn
04-Jan-2008, 08:25 PM
Sell your HD-DVD players, its all over:

http://www.timewarner.com/corp/newsroom/pr/0,20812,1700383,00.html

In response to consumer demand, Warner Bros. Entertainment will release its high-definition DVD titles exclusively in the Blu-ray disc format beginning later this year, it was announced today by Barry Meyer, Chairman & CEO, Warner Bros. and Kevin Tsujihara, President, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group.

"Warner Bros.' move to exclusively release in the Blu-ray disc format is a strategic decision focused on the long term and the most direct way to give consumers what they want," said Meyer. "The window of opportunity for high-definition DVD could be missed if format confusion continues to linger. We believe that exclusively distributing in Blu-ray will further the potential for mass market success and ultimately benefit retailers, producers, and most importantly, consumers."

I'm glad I waited before picking sides, this gives me good reason to pick up a PS3.

acealive1
04-Jan-2008, 08:34 PM
blu ray will win this war simply because they created a player that plays blu ray and HD formats.

but it will still lose to dvd

capncnut
04-Jan-2008, 08:53 PM
For me, Blu-Ray won the war when it released Dawn of the Dead. :D

bassman
04-Jan-2008, 08:59 PM
Blue ray, HD DVD, blah blah blah.

I'll stay with my regular DVD's, thank you.

CornishCorpse
06-Jan-2008, 04:27 PM
Ps3 play normal dvds plus blue ray.

Danny
06-Jan-2008, 04:29 PM
Blue ray, HD DVD, blah blah blah.

I'll stay with my regular DVD's, thank you.

same here. blockbuster has like 1000 different movies on dvd, 8 on blu-ray, forgive me if im not encouraged.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jan-2008, 10:57 PM
This sucks... But I don't care because now I have The Big Lebowski on HD-DVD. :D

I just put my HD-DVD player back into my Entertainment center after removing it for 3 months to use somewhere else. I will not buy Blu-Ray until the players come down in price.