PDA

View Full Version : my cloverfield theory

Danny
07-Jan-2008, 02:27 PM
Summing it up:

Before transformers we saw a cloverfeild trailer dubbed “1-18-08”
This lead to 1-18-08.com
This showed pictures of the people from the cloverfeild trailer.
One had a “slusho!” shirt on. When googled this lead to a fake site for it, a Japanese drink , and a link to its parent company.
Tagruato.com was a site for a corporation of scientist conducting offshore drilling research, and also was a parent company to a genetics research company.

The trail kind of ends there but heres my theory:

On the slusho! Site on the history page it tells of its founder, a woman named noriko, who was searching for “the perfect ingredient” and headed out to sea to find it, but disappeared. Her son had a dream were he was told he could change “from a small whale to a big whale” by drinking the ultimate ingredient which could be found at the bottom of the sea. Tie this into the offshore drilling parent company, the creature coming from the sea, the trailer footage of a silhouette of a woman mutating into something and the fact that “he found the ingredient and created slusho!” and my guess is that its kind of like bioshock in that people drank the soft drink and are mutating because of it, maybe its some by product of some larger creature from the sea floor, or its eggs I dunno but that’s my guess.

I kinda hope im wrong as I wrote half a novel about something like that 2 years a go, but quit when I heard about bioshock and dint want to seem like I was ripping it off.
Still it’s a neat papertrail to follow.

Rottedfreak
07-Jan-2008, 07:19 PM
Drink Slusho!

Warning: May cause gigantism, the Slusho corperation is not liable for property damage or people killed in the gigantoids rampage.

Danny
08-Jan-2008, 02:17 AM
i would love if new york gets saved at the end by godzilla, THE REAL ONE, that'd be the best twist ever.

MoonSylver
08-Jan-2008, 04:16 AM
Yeah, that was pretty much the conclusion I drew from the same sources you mentioned.

And yes, Godzilla farking rules ALL!!!!:evil::D:evil::D

DeadJonas190
08-Jan-2008, 05:56 AM
That sounds about right from the things I have read so far. I am excited to go see Cloverfield, so I hope it is good.

Also have any of you heard about the movie called "Monster" that comes out on Jan 15. It is a horrible rip off of Cloverfield that supposedly takes place on 1-18-03 in Tokyo... the characters bring up You Tube about 3 or 4 times during the film and You Tube wasn't launched until December of 05. Not only that, but the entire movie is from a hand held camera that constantly goes in and out with black spots in between. We got it in last week at work so I rented it last night and spend an hour and a half of my life watching this mess of a film. I thought it would be bad, but I didn't know how bad it would be.

bassman
08-Jan-2008, 11:46 AM
I have a feeling this movie will be a total let down. After all this hype, how could it not be?

Especially when it's hype that nobody really knows what the hyping is about. If that makes sense...:shifty:

clanglee
09-Jan-2008, 03:29 AM
Hypeity hype hype. :hyper:

I'm still watching it tho. I love monster movies.

MoonSylver
11-Jan-2008, 05:59 AM
I have a feeling this movie will be a total let down. After all this hype, how could it not be?

Especially when it's hype that nobody really knows what the hyping is about. If that makes sense...:shifty:

Eh...I won't be let down, because I don't really have any expectations about it. It's been mildly interesting to "play along at home" & try to figure out what it was all about.

I STILL can't figure out why they settled on the title "Cloverfield" though...:confused:

Danny
11-Jan-2008, 08:05 AM
becuase thats what the fans had decided it was the most when googling it so they stuck with it-case closed. *ends in a columbo style freezeframe*

bassman
11-Jan-2008, 11:34 AM
....Or maybe it was titled Cloverfield from the beginning because it has something to do with the plot.:confused:

Danny
11-Jan-2008, 11:55 AM
no, in the latest empire the director said what i posted.

FAIL.:p

bassman
11-Jan-2008, 12:11 PM
Then why does it say this before the trailer?

Multiple sightings of case designate "Cloverfield". Camera retrieved at incident site U.S. 447. Area formerly known as "Central Park"

That makes it seem as though the government calls the case "cloverfield" for whatever reason. Even if it was decided by the fan reactions.....where did the name "cloverfield" come from? Did some kid in his parent's basement see the first "01-18-08" teaser and say "Gee....i'm going to start calling this flick Cloverfield and spread it across the internet"? Cloverfield has something to do with the movie. It's not just some marketing ploy.

Either way....we'll know next week.

Rottedfreak
11-Jan-2008, 07:09 PM
Remember Godzilla '98? Massive build up with a teaser showing a museum tour group looking at the fossil of a T rex and then Godzillas foot comes crashing through the skylight flattening it. Teaser 2 with the fisherman and finally the film comes out but falls flat with a harmless 200 foot lizard eating fish and laying raptor eggs in a evacuated New York City.
If they ever take another whack at Godzilla they may want to give it a bit of a edge.

MoonSylver
11-Jan-2008, 09:30 PM
If they ever take another whack at Godzilla they may want to give it a bit of a edge.

Actually HAVING Godzilla IN it would help as well....:D