PDA

View Full Version : When Bodies No Longer Decay

Skippy911sc
09-Jan-2008, 03:26 PM
Here is a link to an article that has caused some worries in Germany...Perhaps it is the start of the epidemic... :lol:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,527134,00.html

3pidemiC
09-Jan-2008, 08:27 PM
I say we get some of our German community members to alternate shifts on watching that graveyard. You never know... ;)

CapnRhodes
09-Jan-2008, 09:20 PM
I say we get some of our German community members to alternate shifts on watching that graveyard. You never know... ;)

I'm boardin' up my house right now! :eek:

DubiousComforts
09-Jan-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm boardin' up my house right now! :eek:
Wouldn't it be safer to hide in the cellar? You've got a million weak spots upstairs. :p

Marie
10-Jan-2008, 01:04 AM
Actually, it's kind of interesting about the waxy apperance of the dead, looking back on "true" accounts of vampires in old literature, this is apparently nothing new. The ground reaches a saturation point apparently. Now... what caused them to supposedly rise and go after the living?

M_

CapnRhodes
10-Jan-2008, 01:36 AM
Wouldn't it be safer to hide in the cellar? You've got a million weak spots upstairs. :p

No, there's already some grouchy old bald dude hidin' down there.

jim102016
10-Jan-2008, 02:15 AM
Wow, a bit shocking how their graveyards are reused every so often.

The lack of rotting has to be a factor in the U.S. as well in some locations where half-ass cemetaries were thrown together. There'd be some scary **** unearthed if the tradition were not to throw the body in a hole and forget about it.

MaximusIncredulous
10-Jan-2008, 03:17 AM

Or just cremate all the bodies. It needs to be law.

Trencher
10-Jan-2008, 08:39 AM
We are so many humans on earth now that to cremate all would pollute too much. I heard of this new method that freezedries the body until its nothing but dust that sounds very interesting, it does not pollute and all the energy will go back to the earth.

dracenstein
10-Jan-2008, 07:54 PM
Fertiliser?

Trencher
11-Jan-2008, 04:25 AM
Otherwise there would be little point to rotting would it not?
There are so many people now that I dont think we can afford not to let people rot.
"From earth have you come, and earth you will become"

Legion2213
11-Jan-2008, 12:43 PM
Any old school Judge Dredd fans here?

They will know that when you die in Mega City 1, you go to city "Resyk" where your corpse is broken down into many useful chemicals and stuff. I always liked that idea myself. :)

Danny
11-Jan-2008, 05:31 PM
nah i like the idea of being buried, i dont believe in any afterlife or any of that jazz, but i like the idea that when im dumped in the ground a full food chain of creatures feeds of my maggoty corspe (yum!) so its like giving back to as many creatures as you ate in life and living on through them or some bull yknow?

dracenstein
11-Jan-2008, 06:16 PM
Just make sure you are not buried alive.

There was a police drama called Messiah with Ken Stott, four two-part mini-series over four years or so, and in the fourth, a woman reporter was cremated alive on top of her dead brother!

Edit: There's a fifth Messiah on tv late January.

blind2d
11-Feb-2008, 03:33 PM
So... What if you don't have a basement?