PDA

View Full Version : Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

ProfessorChaos
11-Jan-2008, 05:06 PM
So I'm playing skate the other day, and I notice that billboards in the game actually change. And there's this huge billboard for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I've noticed lots of advertising for this, on all kinds of websites, commercials, magazines, newspapers, etc... and I really can't say that I'm even remotely interested.

I can't name any specific reasons, aside from the fact that it's another perfect example of greedy entertainment executives being totally unoriginal and raping and ruining another great idea and tarnishing the image of the series. I won't be tuning in for the premiere, in fact I'll be busy keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this crap flops like a sack of rotten foreskins....

Am I just as jaded as our dear friend hellsing, or does anyone else think that this is a travesty?

Danny
11-Jan-2008, 05:12 PM
Am I just as jaded as our dear friend hellsing, or does anyone else think that this is a travesty?

mother****er. :lol:

bassman
11-Jan-2008, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't expect it to be great, but it's got to be slightly better than most crap that's on TV now. At least it's not another "reality" show.

....Or one of those shows for washed-up celebrities. Those are getting out of hand, as well.

MinionZombie
11-Jan-2008, 07:17 PM
I watched the pilot, s'alright...liked it more than that complete gash Terminator 3.

It's got that woman who played the chick in 300 in it, she's fit...too thin though - eat a couple of pies for once in your life, woman!

Anyway, it's so-so, I'll be interested to see where they go with it...obviously it's supposed to be some kind of 'intervening years' type thing...I think...it's months since I saw the pilot and I've forgotten it mostly now.

Although the female terminator in it was rubbish. :p

AcesandEights
11-Jan-2008, 10:40 PM
Yer jaded :D

Terran
11-Jan-2008, 11:27 PM
From the previews Ive seen it looks kindof like a hybrid of 90210 and Terminator....just like Smallville.....*sigh*

SoCalLoco
12-Jan-2008, 04:30 AM
I saw an ad for this in Entertainment Weekly and it had Sarah Connor sprouting wires and gizmos, as if she was a terminator. What gives?

Just a promo or a dramatic change in storyline?

MinionZombie
12-Jan-2008, 11:42 AM
I saw an ad for this in Entertainment Weekly and it had Sarah Connor sprouting wires and gizmos, as if she was a terminator. What gives?

Ghey promo.

Legion2213
13-Jan-2008, 08:15 PM

Probably just some sort of nightmare that she's having.

acealive1
14-Jan-2008, 01:09 AM
this show is KICK ASS!! i LOVE it!

Graebel
14-Jan-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, the pilot was better than I thought it would be. Although Cameron's personality went up and down a little bit - human v Terminator - which was a little odd.

Tonight's the next episode. We'll see. :shifty:

bassman
14-Jan-2008, 01:17 PM
Well, the pilot was better than I thought it would be. Although Cameron's personality went up and down a little bit - human v Terminator - which was a little odd.

Cameron? I was under the impression that he had nothing to do with this spin off?...

acealive1
14-Jan-2008, 06:02 PM

maybe they had a bit more emotion after T2?? who knows.

all i know is they need to screen teachers better :lol::lol::lol:

"class dismissed" LOL

also,who was the terminator looking at connor's records? was it the boyfriend? i turned away for a split second and missed it

slickwilly13
14-Jan-2008, 06:09 PM
I watched it last night. It wasn't bad. I think there is another one tonight.

acealive1
14-Jan-2008, 06:10 PM
I watched it last night. It wasn't bad. I think there is another one tonight.

yep 9PM, looks great so far

slickwilly13
14-Jan-2008, 07:41 PM
Too bad Fox can't show nudity. Especially, the time traveling scenes and the freeway.

axlish
14-Jan-2008, 07:57 PM
I enjoyed it. It was pretty good TV. I liked T3 though.

acealive1
14-Jan-2008, 09:12 PM
Too bad Fox can't show nudity. Especially, the time traveling scenes and the freeway.

they can if they want. just a disclaimer need be put in front of the credits. much like when ER,NYPD blue or some of the other shows would have a season finale and drop the F bomb through out the show. that being said, Fox owns FX and nip/tuck shows everything put penetration so its a weird thing

AcesandEights
14-Jan-2008, 10:41 PM
Saw it last night and thought it was okay. I'll give it a little leeway for the writers to hit their stride, but the scripting is hokey and weak, though very much in the flavor of the films...unfortunately. Maybe the action will pick up to be comparable with the original films, though :)

capncnut
14-Jan-2008, 10:47 PM
I liked T3 though.
Yeah, I thought T3 was really enjoyable. Shame everybody else didn't think so.

SRP76
15-Jan-2008, 07:15 AM
I didn't like T3 simply because there was no need for it; the story had been told.

Same with this series; it seems unneeded. I saw the ads, and wasn't all that impressed. Just the same old thing.

It's time for the machines to just stop going back to the 80s and 90s, and just go to 1700 or something, and take the world from there. It's ridiculous; how many times are they going to use a time machine before they figure sh*t out?

acealive1
15-Jan-2008, 03:45 PM
I didn't like T3 simply because there was no need for it; the story had been told.

Same with this series; it seems unneeded. I saw the ads, and wasn't all that impressed. Just the same old thing.

It's time for the machines to just stop going back to the 80s and 90s, and just go to 1700 or something, and take the world from there. It's ridiculous; how many times are they going to use a time machine before they figure sh*t out?

the story was told? eh....arnie cleary said "u only postponed it"

bassman
15-Jan-2008, 03:53 PM
the story was told? eh....arnie cleary said "u only postponed it"

I think he's referring to the story being told with T2. They added the "You only postponed it" to T3 just so they could make another sequel.

The story technically was told with T2. That's why Cameron didn't return to write/direct the third. The story was told. The studio wanted another so they could make more money and so they made up a backstory that pretty much contradicted T2.

acealive1
15-Jan-2008, 03:56 PM
I think he's referring to the story being told with T2. They added the "You only postponed it" to T3 just so they could make another sequel.

The story technically was told with T2. That's why Cameron didn't return to write/direct the third. The story was told. The studio wanted another so they could make more money and so they made up a backstory that pretty much contradicted T2.

very true......but they needed a sequel because they knew the franchise was very viable. cameron didnt come back..but that was the only key person who didnt. arnie even came back because he knew it'd make huge money.

433 million was how much T2 made worldwide at the boxoffice

319 million was how much T3 made world wide at the box office

44 million was how much T3 made on its opening day

31 million was how much T2 made on its opening day

and we dont have to wonder which one was promoted more heavily.

bassman
15-Jan-2008, 04:02 PM
very true......but they needed a sequel because they knew the franchise was very viable. cameron didnt come back..but that was the only key person who didnt. arnie even came back because he knew it'd make huge money.

True. If I remember correctly, when Arnold was asked to reprise his role, he talked to Cameron about it and Cameron told him he should do it just for the massive amount of cash he would receive.:lol:

I would've done it for the money too, but I don't think anyone could argue with the fact that it would have been a better film if Cameron had written and directed. It's not a horrible film as it stands, but if Cameron was there....wooo..

acealive1
15-Jan-2008, 04:39 PM
True. If I remember correctly, when Arnold was asked to reprise his role, he talked to Cameron about it and Cameron told him he should do it just for the massive amount of cash he would receive.:lol:

I would've done it for the money too, but I don't think anyone could argue with the fact that it would have been a better film if Cameron had written and directed. It's not a horrible film as it stands, but if Cameron was there....wooo..

cameron woulda pushed it WAY over budget. i know it woulda been better,but um.....damn. we needed one more movie with the T1000. robert patrick was awesome.

bassman
15-Jan-2008, 04:45 PM
cameron woulda pushed it WAY over budget. i know it woulda been better,but um.....damn. we needed one more movie with the T1000. robert patrick was awesome.

Hell Yeah, man. I would love to see Robert Patrick return. He wouldn't look right in the role now, though....

Skippy911sc
15-Jan-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I thought T3 was really enjoyable. Shame everybody else didn't think so.

I liked it also...I thought the action was great and the story was better than I expected...not the Sarah Conner chronicles is turning out to be a pretty decent little series. I like both of the premier episodes...however the time jump thing was a little unnecessary in my opinion.

I think the new T4 look promising as well...Christian Bale is Awesome...maybe a mix of American Psycho and T2... :lol:

bassman
15-Jan-2008, 04:49 PM
I think the new T4 look promising as well...Christian Bale is Awesome...maybe a mix of American Psycho and T2... :lol:

From what I've heard he only has a small role in the film. Supposedly John Conner isn't the hero of this one....

acealive1
15-Jan-2008, 05:02 PM
Hell Yeah, man. I would love to see Robert Patrick return. He wouldn't look right in the role now, though....

he could....u saw what they did with ian mc kellen and patrick stewart for X3. they looked 20 years younger

bassman
15-Jan-2008, 05:10 PM
he could....u saw what they did with ian mc kellen and patrick stewart for X3. they looked 20 years younger

Yeah, but that was only about 10 minutes of footage. It would probably cost them too much to try it for a full 2+ hours.

acealive1
15-Jan-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah, but that was only about 10 minutes of footage. It would probably cost them too much to try it for a full 2+ hours.

nope. did u see resident evil 3? all of milla's shots were CGI smoothed over and the budget was still only 40 mil

bassman
15-Jan-2008, 05:46 PM
nope. did u see resident evil 3? all of milla's shots were CGI smoothed over and the budget was still only 40 mil

Nah...never saw that one. After seeing the second film, I avoided the third like the plague.

But why would they need to smoothe over Milla Jovovich?:rockbrow:

MinionZombie
15-Jan-2008, 05:47 PM
I just hope T4 doesn't blight Bale's career.

As for T3 - gash.

Arnie did it for the cash and because his previous few films had bombed, so T3 was a sure thing.

Also, looking at those figures, are those amounts of cash for T2 adjusted to match the time of T3's release? Also, it's easier to make more cash from a sequel that follows a monster smash, rather than a sequel which follows a grungy tech-noir indie film. :)

I'm the same, the story was told with T1 and T2 - end of. T3 was just taking the piss, the only good thing about it was the massive crane chase (which felt quite Cameron-like in itself) and the use of CGI to better expose the endoskeleton under Arnie's 'flesh'...although the glued-on appliances of T2 still look more realistic I think.

I saw the pilot of Chronicles months ago, it was alright, I'm gonna follow it for at least a while, see what happens with it. I thought it was better than T3 at least...although yeah, the time jump forwards just smacked of budget constraints and laziness so they wouldn't have to lug around period mobile phones and bother about set dressing. :rolleyes::sneaky:

acealive1
15-Jan-2008, 06:53 PM
Nah...never saw that one. After seeing the second film, I avoided the third like the plague.

who knows. but its pretty obvious,it just doesnt look natural. not to say it looks bad though

Danny
16-Jan-2008, 09:44 AM

...becuase shes a dude, i thought everyone knew that?

bassman
16-Jan-2008, 11:57 AM
...becuase shes a dude, i thought everyone knew that?

I thought she used to be hot. What happened?

acealive1
16-Jan-2008, 02:49 PM
I thought she used to be hot. What happened?

still is hot

ProfessorChaos
15-Apr-2009, 02:39 AM
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/scoop-fox-set-t.html?cnn=yes

only got around to watching 1 episode, but didn't really get into the 90210 meets t3 vibe. none of this storyline is relevant to the new film anyway, right?

i'm getting kinda sick of the whole "future isn't set (so we can make all kinds of crappy sequels and spin-offs)" concept. but i guess i can't complain too much, as the original story's plot is a paradox anyway...but it's still a kick-ass movie.:cool:

clanglee
15-Apr-2009, 03:23 AM

I would like to smoothe over Milla Jovovich!!!

MinionZombie
15-Apr-2009, 10:13 AM
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/scoop-fox-set-t.html?cnn=yes

only got around to watching 1 episode, but didn't really get into the 90210 meets t3 vibe. none of this storyline is relevant to the new film anyway, right?

i'm getting kinda sick of the whole "future isn't set (so we can make all kinds of crappy sequels and spin-offs)" concept. but i guess i can't complain too much, as the original story's plot is a paradox anyway...but it's still a kick-ass movie.:cool:
Well again, it's still not officially confirmed from Fox yet - the rumour mill is still where these rumours of cancellation are coming from - and most of the rumours really coming before the transmission of the final episodes, especially the last episode that left you on a right old cliff hanger (bollocks was it "closure") and was properly cool.

I don't really link T1 and T2 together with TSCC, and T3 is just wading out there on its own in an ocean of turds because it was that shit ... TSCC is properly a spin off, it actually ignores T3 (aside from the cancer subplot, which was mostly ignored).

Anyway, I did some blog juice about the finale (no spoilers) here:
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2009/04/sarah-connor-chronicles-season-2-finale.html

axlish
15-Apr-2009, 11:32 AM
Arnie did it for the cash and because his previous few films had bombed, so T3 was a sure thing.

Yes and no. Arnie, feeling that the film lacked some punch, ponied up the cash out of his own pocket to finance the fantastic car chase scene towards the beginning of the film. The guy cared about the product.

wayzim
24-Apr-2009, 02:43 AM
Well again, it's still not officially confirmed from Fox yet - the rumour mill is still where these rumours of cancellation are coming from - and most of the rumours really coming before the transmission of the final episodes, especially the last episode that left you on a right old cliff hanger (bollocks was it "closure") and was properly cool.

I don't really link T1 and T2 together with TSCC, and T3 is just wading out there on its own in an ocean of turds because it was that shit ... TSCC is properly a spin off, it actually ignores T3 (aside from the cancer subplot, which was mostly ignored).

Anyway, I did some blog juice about the finale (no spoilers) here:
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2009/04/sarah-connor-chronicles-season-2-finale.html

So I actually missed the second to last episode completely. Was it confirmed that Sarah didn't have Cancer? I only got what Cameron said, but she'd been lying her sweet little terminator mouth off for nearly the whole run of the show, so who knows.
As a series, I was digging most of it, even Shirley Manson as a much more fun bit of metal than Kristanna Loken ( a disputable point for sure, but Hack n Slash in a push up bra is good for film, not for a series trying to look smart. )
The dialog between her and John Henry, and the creep factor in trying to bond with the little girl is great stuff.
It would be nice to get some definite resolution to the storyline with another season, or maybe a TV movie or two( like with Alien Nation; the series. )

Wayne Z