PDA

View Full Version : Aragorn vs cannibals

Neil
15-Jan-2008, 09:47 AM
Any film about a post-apocalytic future interests me... especially if it features Charlize Theron :)

We can only hope this apocalypse was caused by a virus that eats all fabrics (including clothes)...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Charlize-Theron-Eaten-By-Cannibals-7475.html

Mike70
17-Jan-2008, 12:06 AM
this sounds really cool. the book is totally fantastic. it is like reading a painting. it has this crisp, almost severe prose without a single wasted word anywhere. there are no names used for the characters in the book. they are simply "man" and "boy." in the book there is never a reason giving for what has happened. everything is gone totally. there are no plants, no animals, just bleak ash covered land everywhere. people have taken to eating one another because there is simply nothing left.

very dark book and very cool.

Graebel
17-Jan-2008, 12:11 PM
Any film about a post-apocalytic future interests me... especially if it features Charlize Theron :)

We can only hope this apocalypse was caused by a virus that eats all fabrics (including clothes)...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Charlize-Theron-Eaten-By-Cannibals-7475.html

Neil, maybe you should read the book before you get excited about her cameo.

Very dark. Very bleak. Almost mind-numbing in some parts.

Neil
17-Jan-2008, 09:13 PM
Neil, maybe you should read the book before you get excited about her cameo.

Very dark. Very bleak. Almost mind-numbing in some parts.

Dark is goood! Bleak is goood! Ok, mind-numbing not so keen on!

Mike70
17-Jan-2008, 09:22 PM
Dark is goood! Bleak is goood! Ok, mind-numbing not so keen on!

i think what greabel might mean by mind-numbing is that in book there is not a let up in the grimness. there is hardly (if at all) any indications that things will get better or change or that anything else is going to happen other than the complete death of everything on land. although you could argue that the very last 2 pages leaves open that possibility but the rest of the book never lets up for a second.

find it read it - it is by cormac mccarthy.

thxleo
18-Jan-2008, 02:41 AM
And they are filming right here in Pittsburgh!