PDA

View Full Version : Diary Poster

livingdeadboy
17-Jan-2008, 08:21 PM
You know, being one of the lucky few who got to see this flick early, and one who really really enjoyed the flick. I gotta say that the marketing for this movie is a real let down, the trailer didn't really do the movie justice and the poster seems very amateurish. I am happy I saw the flick when I did, or else this stuff would turn me off from it.

http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=10769

However, I still think the poster for the remake of Day is far far worse.

ProfessorChaos
17-Jan-2008, 08:29 PM
not a very impressive poster, and the tagline is stupid, but i'll still catch this one in theaters.

bassman
17-Jan-2008, 08:32 PM
I liked the first poster better than this one. The tagline somehow didn't seem as cheesy on the first poster, either.:confused:

Fecunditatis
17-Jan-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm afraid I must agree: I don't like any of the two posters.
Some of the new pics look very promising, though.

clanglee
17-Jan-2008, 09:34 PM
I liked the first poster better than this one. The tagline somehow didn't seem as cheesy on the first poster, either.:confused:

Exactly what I was gonna say.

Fecunditatis
17-Jan-2008, 09:38 PM
By the way, you can check here the new pics I was talking about:

http://filmz.ru/film/3546/posters/4601/big/

ProfessorChaos
17-Jan-2008, 10:26 PM
that hand and forearm reminds me too much of the cover for the dvd of land of the dead.

axlish
18-Jan-2008, 12:11 AM
It seems a little too specific, really. If they really wanted to slam home the "filming the dead" aspect of the film, they could have shown a reflection of carnage in a camera lens, or something along those lines.

capncnut
18-Jan-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't know why I'm saying this, but I think the poster looks a little bare and bland.

kortick
18-Jan-2008, 03:58 AM
i kind of like it

it could use a little tweaking

but I like the simplicity of it
its not supposed to be an epic film
so I dont want to see a poster that looks like its
promoting one.

thxleo
18-Jan-2008, 04:36 PM
This poster really sucks. It almost makes it look like a parody of zombie films. Did anyone get the new "Blade Runner" dvd set and see the featurette they did on the poster art for the film? One of the artists talks about the lost art of movie poster artwork. It's just photoshop now, which stinks. How iconic is the poster for the original "Dawn of the Dead"? Even the art for the original "Day of the Dead" is great.
Too bad.

MinionZombie
18-Jan-2008, 06:30 PM
That's the poster?

What muppet photoshopped that? The original was better, even though it was a bit heavy on gimmick, but still - the original poster was way better than that one, which just appears quite sloppy, all that blank space around the bottom part, two randomly placed zombies...daft.

Hopefully (and most likely predictably) the movie will be tons better than the poster might suggest to lesser mortals (i.e. non GAR fans :)).

Leo - I know what you mean, the lost art of posters such as those by Drew Struzan (sp?) is where it was at. A screenshot from the movie photo-shopped to sh*t is boring and lame, drawn & painted artwork by true talents is how it's done properly.

DubiousComforts
18-Jan-2008, 06:32 PM
Some aspects of the poster are good, but that seems to have been just by coincidence.

Whomever picked that typestyle for the "Diary of the Dead" logo should be shot. It's completely unprofessional.

Drew Struzan kicks ass!
http://www.impawards.com/1976/posters/squirm.jpg

Moon Knight
18-Jan-2008, 08:23 PM
I agree, I love drawn poster art for flicks. I hate that photoshopped garbage.
This poster shows no creativity and comes off rather dull.

GAR's films deserve better than this.

And yes, Dawn's poster is trully classic and still hangs right above my computer till this day.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jan-2008, 04:24 AM
So do we know for sure that is the official artwork?

MinionZombie
19-Jan-2008, 11:35 AM
So do we know for sure that is the official artwork?
I duno, hope not...I'm hoping it's just some lame fan jobby. Where did it originate, some Russian website?

*scratches chin suspiciously*

RJ_Sevin
21-Jan-2008, 05:15 AM
I don't see the Weinstein Company mentioned anywhere on that poster. Given the site on which it premiered and the horrendous design (no American theatrical one-sheet is that bad, even the worst of the worst), I'd say we're looking at an international poster.