PDA

View Full Version : a couple of awesome covers in my not so humble opinion...

Mike70
18-Jan-2008, 02:21 AM
the fact that this chick

a. has an amazing voice
b. is smoking hot

make this incredible.

CI66iheRBj8

and the real killer in my view

r7D9YG0rdPI

if you need to be told what either of these tunes are or who they were originally by you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

i love these youtube vids of folks playing their favorite tunes.

capncnut
18-Jan-2008, 09:35 AM
I have to say, I am completely in agreement with you. Both of those covers were f**king ace, she's a talented young lady and yeah, a total hottie.

That was quite nice to listen to over a coffee at ten am. :)

mista_mo
18-Jan-2008, 09:50 AM
wow,
i've never heard any of those songs before, but i gotta check the originals out now. The first one was much better I feel, but they are both great.

paulannett
18-Jan-2008, 08:29 PM
She's has that quality I love in women... almost a silent beauty, that's what I call it anyway.

She has a great voice and, like Scip, I love her second song - Killing Moon. It was my fave track in Donnie Darko.

Pity she doesn't blink though!

bassman
18-Jan-2008, 08:35 PM
Neil. One of my favorites.

Something's fishy about not being able to see her play the guitar. He voice is nice....but I want to see the damn guitar...

paulannett
18-Jan-2008, 09:01 PM
Neil. One of my favorites.

Something's fishy about not being able to see her play the guitar. He voice is nice....but I want to see the damn guitar...

Yeah, I thought that too... So she doesn't blink and she doesn't really play the guitar! :clown: I guess the fact that the camera is focused right on her face makes it more intimate.

I don't see Neil in the thread either! :)

bassman
18-Jan-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't see Neil in the thread either! :)

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not....but the first clip - It's a Neil Young cover.;)

paulannett
18-Jan-2008, 09:11 PM
I wish I could say it was sarcasm, but I didn't realise it was a Neil Young song... I guess Scipio was right when he said "you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.":book:

Mike70
18-Jan-2008, 09:15 PM
I wish I could say it was sarcasm, but I didn't realise it was a Neil Young song... I guess Scipio was right when he said "you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.":book:

:lol: i thought that both these tunes (espcially neil young's due to its iconic status) would be instantly recognized by pretty much everyone.

paulannett
18-Jan-2008, 09:31 PM
I recognised the song, I just didn't know who it was by... Please don't hit me! :P

Mike70
18-Jan-2008, 09:36 PM
no i have something better in mind. you'll have to eat cincinnati chili for a week:evil:

paulannett
18-Jan-2008, 09:43 PM
Aw hell naw... I can't eat spicy food. My nose runs, my eyes get all teary and my tongue tries to rip itself free! Chicken curry, a few mild Indian meals and a Singapore Chow mein are as hot as I get!

Mike70
18-Jan-2008, 09:53 PM
cincinnati chili isn't that spicy but it will give you the runs and not from your nose.

mista_mo
19-Jan-2008, 12:30 PM
upon re-listening to this womens cover and the original, i can say i think she did a better job with this song then neil young did.

when she sings it, it gains this..hauntingly beautiful, sad aura about it. Her voice fits in so perfectly with the song, the way she sings it, and the acoustic guitar. It just seems more poetic then any other version i've heard.

I love this. Thanks alot Scipio.