PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION - Anyone NOT receiving email notifications from the forum?

Neil
19-Jan-2008, 05:36 PM
MZ said he's sometimes not getting notifications of responses to a thread?

ps: Remember if a thread has five responses, you will only get an email for the first response if you do not visit the thread/forum before the other four are posted as well...

Marie
19-Jan-2008, 10:17 PM
MZ said he's sometimes not getting notifications of responses to a thread?

I haven't recieved notification of response for some time, I thought perhaps this service had been dropped with the change in sites.

M_

Neil
20-Jan-2008, 10:38 AM
I haven't recieved notification of response for some time, I thought perhaps this service had been dropped with the change in sites.

M_

So, are you definately subscribed to this thread with it defined to send a notification email? Did you get one about this response?

MinionZombie
20-Jan-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm subscribed to this one, but didn't receive a response.

Marie
20-Jan-2008, 04:25 PM
So, are you definately subscribed to this thread with it defined to send a notification email? Did you get one about this response?

Ah, now we hone in on the problem, I'm not subscribed to anything, I'm just a freeloader. But I DID used to get notification, whether that was a mistake or just a changeover when we became a subscription based site I had no idea, and no, none about this response either.

Blame it on the blonde hair.:)

M_

MinionZombie
20-Jan-2008, 05:33 PM
Subscription based site?

Nout to do with paying or anything. When you post in a thread, if you have the setting set this way anyway, you automatically become "subscribed" (such as I am in this thread because I posted in this thread) - then when a response is posted after you've joined in, you get an email response - unless you manually unsubscribe from the thread in the "Thread Tools" tab.

Neil
20-Jan-2008, 06:18 PM
Indeed you have a default setting which is applied to every post/response you make. And you can change this if you wish. This setting may or may not be to receive email notifications...

Edit your reply above, got to advanced, and see what your notification was set to for example.

Go into User CP and see what your default setting is.

MinionZombie
20-Jan-2008, 08:41 PM
Subscription based site?

Nout to do with paying or anything. When you post in a thread, if you have the setting set this way anyway, you automatically become "subscribed" (such as I am in this thread because I posted in this thread) - then when a response is posted after you've joined in, you get an email response - unless you manually unsubscribe from the thread in the "Thread Tools" tab.
Both are "Instant notification"...interesting, I did get an email about your latest post.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jan-2008, 10:02 PM
I never received email notifications for anything, then one day a flood came in, then I put an end to it so I no longer subscribe to these things.

I think it is a php problem because other php forums I do subscribe to threads and don't get emails about new replies.

Neil
21-Jan-2008, 08:38 AM
Are any of the people having email problems NOT with AOL?

MinionZombie
21-Jan-2008, 11:02 AM
Are any of the people having email problems NOT with AOL?
I'm not with AOL and have email notification problems.