PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Day Character

Legion2213
22-Jan-2008, 07:38 AM
Musings in another thread sparked my interest on this one...who is your favorite Day of the Dead character?

SRP76
22-Jan-2008, 09:20 AM
The true Captain Charisma, Rhodes. Not even close.

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2008, 10:31 AM
Bub - but with Rhodes coming a close second. :)

Doc
22-Jan-2008, 12:06 PM
Oh! hard pick between Rhodes, Logan, and Bub......Oh well I guess in the end of the day I'll always pick RHODES!:D

SymphonicX
22-Jan-2008, 12:42 PM
Steele....love him...."f*cking A, biggest piece of meat in the cave!!"

bassman
22-Jan-2008, 01:57 PM
As stated before....Bub, but with Rhodes a close second. The third would be a tie between Steel and John.

Mike70
22-Jan-2008, 02:22 PM
sarah. rhodes is fun and very quotable but is not someone i really either can identify with or would want to be cooped up for long periods of time.

Moon Knight
22-Jan-2008, 02:30 PM
"I'm running this monkey farm now, Frankenstein, and I wanna know what the f*ck your doing with my time!?"

Love Rhodes, his lines are so over the top you can't help but chuckle.
John is second for me. Now that man made sense. :thumbsup:

3pidemiC
22-Jan-2008, 05:47 PM
Steel. He's a f*cking badass.

ProfessorChaos
22-Jan-2008, 06:01 PM
no hesitation: Captain Rhodes...arguably the best death scene in any horror film ever.:blood:

Trin
22-Jan-2008, 06:18 PM
John followed by Sarah.

MaximusIncredulous
22-Jan-2008, 07:26 PM
Logan. Lovably eccentric.. and nuts.

SoCalLoco
22-Jan-2008, 07:28 PM
Rickles, baby!

You're a ****in' throwback, Steele. You been living underground for too long! But that's OK, cavemen all got big dicks!

Rhodes gets honorable mention though.

clanglee
22-Jan-2008, 08:18 PM
I was Kinda torn, but I Voted for John. He's the most levelheaded mother in the cave. Second for me would be Bub. Then Logan. . then Rhodes.

Zombie Snack
23-Jan-2008, 07:34 PM
Voted for Capt. Rhodes....He is so over the top...I love it!!
Steel and John are both great too..

sammylou
23-Jan-2008, 08:48 PM
Even though Rhodes runs this monkey farm now, I think I'm still gonna have to go with good ol Bub. He's the only zombie with a good taste in classical music!

capncnut
25-Jan-2008, 06:56 AM
I had to go with Logan, he's a funny and eccentric character. Bub comes second of course.

Legion2213
25-Jan-2008, 09:48 AM
I had to go with Logan, he's a funny and eccentric character. Bub comes second of course.

Even though I voted for Rhodes, it's nice to see some love for Dr Logan, definately a great and lovable character IMO.

Pleasantly surprised to see several votes for Steel as well.

no hesitation: Captain Rhodes...arguably the best death scene in any horror film ever.:blood:

Oh yes! Others moan, groan, squeel, beg, cry and sob...Rhodes screams "CHOKE ON 'EM". Pure class! :D

bassman
25-Jan-2008, 03:30 PM
Oh yes! Others moan, groan, squeel, beg, cry and sob...Rhodes screams "CHOKE ON 'EM". Pure class! :D

You guys do know that he was meant to be an asshole, right? Bub was the good guy while Rhodes was the bad guy. But true....he did have some great lines.

clanglee
25-Jan-2008, 09:05 PM
He may have been the badguy, But I have to admit that Rhodes had charisma. His character stood out. That's why he's many people's Fave.

Besides, who doesn't love a good villan?

Legion2213
25-Jan-2008, 10:23 PM
Darth Vader was meant to be the bad guy as well...but he was the coolest sci-fi villian ever.

Hell, the entire Empire was cool when I think about it, I would've sold out those rebel scum and gone over to the Dark Side in a flash if I'd been Luke. :D

jdog
26-Jan-2008, 06:22 AM
rhodes all the way mofo's

SRP76
26-Jan-2008, 07:21 AM
You guys do know that he was meant to be an asshole, right? Bub was the good guy while Rhodes was the bad guy. But true....he did have some great lines.

That's a matter of opinion. His mindset ("shoot the muthas in the head!") would have saved the world if people had listened at the start of the whole mess.

The "study and get to know our zombies" crowd prevented that. As a result, billions died.

I would cast the "asshole" vote to the ones that got me eaten, not the one that could have prevented that.

Anthony C
05-Feb-2008, 10:57 PM
Bub...

San Jose Shark
07-Feb-2008, 06:48 AM
Miguel, the guy needs to be on some serious mood stabalizers and he makes great facial expressions.

ZombiePrototype
08-Feb-2008, 11:24 PM
Bub, definitely, Bub:thumbsup:

jded
22-Oct-2009, 07:44 PM
Thought it might be fun to revisit this one, maybe tack on some more votes and who knows, your choice may not be the same today.

I am with John all the way. Jamaican accent, level headed, and some of the best lines regarding philosophy. The trailor scene when Sarah comes to visit is one of my all time favorites and shall be remembered for a long, long time. It is hauntingly beautiful, and can cause you to rethink your opinions and motives. I look forward to seeing it every single time.

darth los
22-Oct-2009, 08:04 PM
Rhodes all they way. Imo, the only character equally as vital to the film was Doc Logan.

As a matter of fact, Pilato's portrayal of the character is incomparable. I couldn't picture anyone else filling that role. If they did it just wouldn't be the same film.

:cool:

BillyRay
22-Oct-2009, 08:18 PM
Rhodes all they way. Imo, the only character equally as vital to the film was Doc Logan.

As a matter of fact, Pilato's portrayal of the character is incomparable. I couldn't picture anyone else filling that role. If they did it just wouldn't be the same film.

Well...maybe Ving Rhames...:elol:

I picked Steele, myself. Less integral, admitedly, but there was actually some subtlety to the big bully. He didn't want to shoot Sarah, but he did take his own guy out instead of letting him turn into one of them.

I'm still curious why the guy who seemed a bit older than the rest of his men yet seemed to have their respect & loyalty (unlike Rhodes, who ruled with fear) was still a private? Demotion? was the whole operation put together like a 'Dirty Dozen' scenario?

Mike70
22-Oct-2009, 08:26 PM
http://www.eroronin.com/e107_files/public/1234283364_1_FT0_necromancy.jpg

sorry, just couldn't resist even though this resurrection appears on the level.

darth los
22-Oct-2009, 08:29 PM
Well...maybe Ving Rhames...:elol:

Well, if that doesn't prove my point, I don't know what does.

ProfessorChaos
22-Oct-2009, 09:16 PM
rhodes is the fucking man! i figured he'd be bringing up the rear, but wow...

lullubelle
31-Oct-2009, 03:22 AM
Rhodes, none of the others come close.