PDA

View Full Version : Night 1990 DVD...

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2008, 07:19 PM
Simple question, is it worth getting?

I see it has a 30 minute featurette and a Savini commentary, are these worth watching/listening to? I might get the DVD as I realised I didn't have it, but was wondering if it's actually worth getting?

Or shall I save the cash and get Halloween: 25 Years of Terror instead?

SymphonicX
22-Jan-2008, 07:21 PM
I liked it, there was some nice deleted bits ie: exploding head gag and stuff on the documentary - nothing groundbreaking but its worth it for a few quid, wouldn't pay full asking price for it though!

Mike70
22-Jan-2008, 07:23 PM
savini's commentary is pretty good-the commentary would most likely be better if a few other people, like tony todd or patricia tallman were on it as well. i like the way he talks about settng shots up and his ideas on how you scare folks. the featurette is good as well. it has some scenes in it that show how savini had to change the film to get an R rating in the US.

plus it is a relatively cheap (as far a price goes) DVD. i'd say get it.

how much is it over there anyway?

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2008, 07:26 PM
Well I'm convinced, ordered it for £3.99. :D

Mike70
22-Jan-2008, 07:38 PM
Well I'm convinced, ordered it for £3.99. :D

christ for $8.50 or thereabouts hell yeah. that is definitely worth getting.

bassman
22-Jan-2008, 08:02 PM
It's worth it. I'm surprised you don't have it already. I thought it was mandatory for a Dead/Romero/Savini Fan.:D

ProfessorChaos
22-Jan-2008, 09:04 PM
yeah, it's worth owning, that's for sure...but it could use a deluxe edition, with a bit more special features, behind-the-scenes features, etc.

Mike70
22-Jan-2008, 09:13 PM
here is what i'd like to see in a deluxe edition:

the whole thing remastered.
the movie as savini intended it be seen with all the cut footage added back in.
two commentaries: one with savini/romero/vulich. the second with the some members of the cast - preferable tony todd and patricia tallman.
a boat load of interviews.
a making of featurette
a special effects featurette.

capncnut
23-Jan-2008, 07:20 AM
Simple question, is it worth getting?
Wha-whaaat? You don't have this already? :stunned:

Minerva_Zombi
23-Jan-2008, 08:20 AM
I suggest buying the Halloween : 25 Years Of Terror DVD too. I love it. Its very informative. I love things like that.

acealive1
23-Jan-2008, 08:54 AM
grab night 1990. way better than the halloween at 25 dvd.

Legion2213
23-Jan-2008, 09:33 AM
Night 1990 is a great DVD, yes it's a little short on extras, but by God, Tony Todd is AWESOME as Ben in this movie, the DVD is worth owning for his performance alone IMO.

Edit: Gotta agree with the other folks here when they say a "deluxe/ultimate" edition of this flick would be more than welcome.

acealive1
23-Jan-2008, 09:39 AM
Edit: Gotta agree with the other folks here when they say a "deluxe/ultimate" edition of this flick would be more than welcome.

needs to be a 20 years double disc dvd out next year. full uncut version since most films get away with so much more these days. saw,anyone?

extras.commentary. tv spots,trailers,posters,artwork. all of it,i'd buy

it'd be nice to see a fold out 2 disc much like day of the dead,but when u take the dvds off the holder u see a view of the back porch from the house.

MinionZombie
23-Jan-2008, 09:44 AM
Just to clarify, I have seen Night 90 at least three times now, I just didn't have the DVD in my collection - forgot about it I guess. There's so many films out there! The DVD is processing currently...