PDA

View Full Version : no.......really?

acealive1
23-Jan-2008, 05:36 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/misinformation_study

they FINALLY admit it

SRP76
23-Jan-2008, 06:04 AM
Actually, they hang their hat on the old "there were no WMDs in Iraq!" argument, and beat the dead horse into the ground. Everyone loves to ignore the numerous other reasons why Iraq had a war coming to them. It wasn't JUST "oh, they've got to have weapons of mass destruction!". They had been violating terms of the 1991 ceasefire almost daily for 12 years. And refusing to cooperate with the U.N. weapons inspectors multiple times was "just a misunderstanding", I guess.

And the "I don't see it, so it must have never existed" mindset is far from logical, in the first place. Gee, they didn't have any nuclear/biological/chemical apparatus by the time the U.S. military consolidated the country. Hmm, they sure as hell gassed the Kurds with something years beforehand. Just because it isn't there now, doesn't mean it never was.

They also didn't find 90% of the conventional weaponry the Iraqis used during the 1990 invasion of Kuwait....so I guess that never existed, either, right?

How hard do these yokels think it is to get something out of a country, especially one as f*cked up as Iraq was? Not very. Anything WMD-related (as well as a large portion of their conventional stockpiles) would have gone right across borders before all hell broke loose.

What was it, a month after Iraq was invaded, that North Korea just "suddenly had" a nuclear program?

Money can move a lot of things.

But instead of investigating how these "coincidences" happened, it's easier to point fingers. Then get our ass blown off by someone out of left field.

DeadJonas190
23-Jan-2008, 06:21 AM
Actually, they hang their hat on the old "there were no WMDs in Iraq!" argument, and beat the dead horse into the ground. Everyone loves to ignore the numerous other reasons why Iraq had a war coming to them. It wasn't JUST "oh, they've got to have weapons of mass destruction!". They had been violating terms of the 1991 ceasefire almost daily for 12 years. And refusing to cooperate with the U.N. weapons inspectors multiple times was "just a misunderstanding", I guess.

And the "I don't see it, so it must have never existed" mindset is far from logical, in the first place. Gee, they didn't have any nuclear/biological/chemical apparatus by the time the U.S. military consolidated the country. Hmm, they sure as hell gassed the Kurds with something years beforehand. Just because it isn't there now, doesn't mean it never was.

They also didn't find 90% of the conventional weaponry the Iraqis used during the 1990 invasion of Kuwait....so I guess that never existed, either, right?

How hard do these yokels think it is to get something out of a country, especially one as f*cked up as Iraq was? Not very. Anything WMD-related (as well as a large portion of their conventional stockpiles) would have gone right across borders before all hell broke loose.

What was it, a month after Iraq was invaded, that North Korea just "suddenly had" a nuclear program?

Money can move a lot of things.

But instead of investigating how these "coincidences" happened, it's easier to point fingers. Then get our ass blown off by someone out of left field.

And do you think that our spy satellites that were on Iraq since Desert Storm would have missed the mass movement of weapons that the government claimed they knew exactly where they were at?

The reasons for invading Iraq given to the people of this country were lies and it has been proven time and time again the Bush administration lied to start the war. It's sad that such brass violation of the Constitution that every president swears to uphold under oath upon taking office has led to nothing but news articles. Clinton lied about a blow job and was nearly impeached, Bush lies about a war, thousands of our soldiers die and families are torn apart and all that happens is a few news articles are written.

SRP76
23-Jan-2008, 08:51 AM
And do you think that our spy satellites that were on Iraq since Desert Storm would have missed the mass movement of weapons that the government claimed they knew exactly where they were at?

There's no such thing as "mass movement" of only a handful of items. And what kind of fool moves their black market merchandise in plain view, in the first place?

All the denials in the world don't change the demonstrated possession of their chemical weapons. They were actually USED, so they sure as hell had them. Yet, once in Iraq, no trace of these were ever found.

Now, what's more plausible:

A) Iraq has the ability to sell their hardware without the "western powers" detecting it.

B) Iraq has some kind of technology that allows them to retroactively erase their hardware from the timeline, making it so "it was never there".

I'll go with A.

And again, "the search for WMDs" isn't the only reason Iraq was invaded. But it's the one thing everyone latches onto.

acealive1
23-Jan-2008, 08:52 AM
Clinton lied about a blow job and was nearly impeached, Bush lies about a war, thousands of our soldiers die and families are torn apart and all that happens is a few news articles are written.

proof that if u try to do good,u get ran through the mill. but if u do bad,people will stand by u as long as u tell a good lie and get their kids killed for them.

also proof that congress had nothing better do since clinton was already doing a hell of a job

Skippy911sc
23-Jan-2008, 01:56 PM
And again, "the search for WMDs" isn't the only reason Iraq was invaded. But it's the one thing everyone latches onto.

I don't remember Colin Powell mentioning anything to the UN other than WMD

Mike70
23-Jan-2008, 03:04 PM
first of all ace you have shattered the last bit of my innocence by telling me that US govt. my actually lie to the very people that put it in office in the first place.:D:p

secondly,

let me settle back with a snack

http://alicia-logic.com/capsimages/gq_021FredFlies.jpg

because i predict that entertaining things will happen with this thread.

slickwilly13
23-Jan-2008, 03:18 PM
Well, at least we got to see Saddam hanging from a noose. Too bad my dad didn't live long enough to see it.

Neil
23-Jan-2008, 03:27 PM
Well, at least we got to see Saddam hanging from a noose. Too bad my dad didn't live long enough to see it.

Shame a good deal of other people haven't lived to see it either! :(

axlish
23-Jan-2008, 03:29 PM
quoted from the article

""The actions taken in 2003 were based on the collective judgment of intelligence agencies around the world," Stanzel said."

Neil
23-Jan-2008, 03:31 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/misinformation_study

they FINALLY admit it

And so far the only person to suffer has been chairman of the BBC (at the time) for daring to suggest the government "sexed up" intelligence in a dossier on Iraqi weapons.

So now, let's see some politician get dragged over the coals for this farce!!!! :mad:

Bush led with 259 false statements, 231 about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 about Iraq's links to al-Qaida, the study found. That was second only to Powell's 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq and al-Qaida.

And my all time favourite example -
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/rumsfeld.mpg (right-click and save as)
If it doesn't play for you, then you most likely just need an Mpeg2 codec which you can download from http://www.free-codecs.com/Stinky_MPEG_2_Codec_download.htm

slickwilly13
23-Jan-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah, my dad hated him and his type with a passion. That guy was a ruthless killer and from what I read his sons were even worse. They should have just killed them guys back in 1991.

Mike70
23-Jan-2008, 03:42 PM
And so far the only person to suffer has been chairman of the BBC (at the time) for daring to suggest the government "sexed up" intelligence in a dossier on Iraqi weapons.

So now, let's see some politician get dragged over the coals for this farce!!!! :mad:

Bush led with 259 false statements, 231 about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 about Iraq's links to al-Qaida, the study found. That was second only to Powell's 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq and al-Qaida.

And my all time favourite example - http://www.homepageofthedead.com/rumsfeld.mpg (will only play if you have the right codec - sorry)

too bad that real perpetrators of this travestical and murderous episode in american and british history would rather die than come clean about.

you'll be sipping beers with jimmy hoffa somewhere before bush, rumsfeld or any of them come clean. they simply don't know what the truth is.

Neil
23-Jan-2008, 03:56 PM
BTW, if any of you have never seen 'my favourite clip' on this matter I suggest you do download it. Here it is...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/rumsfeld.mpg (right-click and save as)
If it doesn't play for you, then you most likely just need an Mpeg2 codec which you can download from http://www.free-codecs.com/Stinky_MPEG_2_Codec_download.htm

Why has the media never gone over all the utter nonsense (lies) these guys spouted!

kortick
23-Jan-2008, 04:19 PM
its sad that the whole thing has gone way past the
point of blame.

getting the people who made this mess
to admit to it wont do anything
to bring the dead soldiers back to thier families

its called dollar diplomacy

sadly, its the old story
blood for oil
except it didnt work out like it did in the first gulf war

the part that astounds me
is there are still people who actually will try
to justify this war.
I don't know about you, but I lived in terror
of the iraq army led by saddam busting into
my house and killing me while I watched the simpsons.

and if WMDs are the reason to go to war,
which is what they said, remember the yellow cake story?
why did the US not go and invade north korea?
we suspected saddam of having them, and here this guy
is waving his arms around going "look what I got"
as he fires off another nuke.
we know hes got them why arent we invading there?
I thought WMDs are a reason to go to war?
we already have troops there anyways.
oh yeah, thats right , they dont have any oil

funny how things work....

I'm not even gonna blame anyone, why bother?
all that matters now is somebody fix this mess, with the quickness.

MikePizzoff
23-Jan-2008, 05:11 PM
Where are all of the right wing nutjobs trying to justify the lies saying Bush had every right? Perhaps they're beaten, for once?

Skippy911sc
23-Jan-2008, 05:19 PM
I have a friend serving in Baghdad and he sent me a copy of General Barry McCaffrey 2007 Iraq report that had some info that was interesting...he states that it is clear that any change in us Iraq policy will have to wait for a new administration. Also the Iraqi govt is completely ineffectual. Not a complete loss the troops are doing well in this civil war and the education of the iraqi police force is coming along nicely.

kortick
23-Jan-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah Skip.

all my friends who went over there
said the same thing.

the Iraq government couldnt return a library book on time
let alone run the country.

Mike70
23-Jan-2008, 09:12 PM
Where are all of the right wing nutjobs trying to justify the lies saying Bush had every right? Perhaps they're beaten, for once?

i am wondering that too. and i even posted my special fred kwan fight pic.
:(

DeadJonas190
24-Jan-2008, 03:06 AM
There's no such thing as "mass movement" of only a handful of items. And what kind of fool moves their black market merchandise in plain view, in the first place?

All the denials in the world don't change the demonstrated possession of their chemical weapons. They were actually USED, so they sure as hell had them. Yet, once in Iraq, no trace of these were ever found.

Now, what's more plausible:

A) Iraq has the ability to sell their hardware without the "western powers" detecting it.

B) Iraq has some kind of technology that allows them to retroactively erase their hardware from the timeline, making it so "it was never there".

I'll go with A.

I didn't say it was never there, obviously they were there since they used them, but at the same time The Bush administration said they knew exactly where the weapons of mass destruction where at and no weapons of mass destruction were found even though they knew exactly where they were at at that point in time.

So again, without the italics, the administration said they knew exactly where the weapons were at during that period of time and nothing turned up. We arent talking about weapons that were in Iraq 10 years previous, we are talking about the supposedly mass amount of WMD's that were said to be there at that exact moment in time and the administration saying they knew exactly where they were at and none turned up. In other words, by saying that they knew exactly where something was at during that time period and then nothing was there at all except sand, they lied. Simple as that. Nobody was arguing that Iraq never had WMD's, the discussion is about how they lied and misled the American public in order to invade Iraq.

As for your magical time machine, I think you should apply for a position with the current administration, they would like your creative storytelling.

And the bottom line is that Saddam should have been taken out in 91 when the coalition forces were outside of Baghdad. They were close enough to see the lights then they were pulled out.

Mike70
24-Jan-2008, 03:17 AM
As for your magical time machine, I think you should apply for a position with the current administration, they would like your creative storytelling.

now this might get entertaining

please continue.

i haven't broken fred out twice in one thread in many, many a moon.

DeadJonas190
24-Jan-2008, 03:26 AM
now this might get entertaining

please continue.

i haven't broken fred out twice in one thread in many, many a moon.

Hey, there were two choices given, one realistic and one involving a magical time machine (even if it was worded diffrent) and I like the magical time machine.

Mike70
24-Jan-2008, 03:30 AM
i know dude. i'm not trying to throw anyone into a snit just inject a bit a laid backness into this thread that quite frankly, i thought was gonna go off the rails quite quickly.