PDA

View Full Version : SO, in your opinion what should happen to these guys?

Neil
23-Jan-2008, 09:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7203129.stm

Yes they were daft for leaving a live shot gun round in the device, but...

SRP76
23-Jan-2008, 09:08 AM
Depends on if homemade firearms are illegal or not. Are they covered in the gun bans?

If so, they should get whatever penalty that carries.

If not, then nothing should happen.

acealive1
23-Jan-2008, 09:15 AM
right to bear arms and the right to private proprerty come to mind immediately. so there should be no charges.

SRP76
23-Jan-2008, 09:17 AM
right to bear arms and the right to private proprerty come to mind immediately. so there should be no charges.

This wasn't in the U.S. Different rules.

acealive1
23-Jan-2008, 09:41 AM
This wasn't in the U.S. Different rules.

you're telling me theres no private property anywhere else but the states? cmon,man

"oohh the poor boy got injured" HE WAS BREAKING IN A HOUSE!!

SRP76
23-Jan-2008, 09:45 AM
you're telling me theres no private property anywhere else but the states? cmon,man

"oohh the poor boy got injured" HE WAS BREAKING IN A HOUSE!!

The whole "right to bear arms" thing. Some countries have banned guns.

acealive1
23-Jan-2008, 10:19 AM
The whole "right to bear arms" thing. Some countries have banned guns.

yet u still hear of "armed gun men robbing a bank" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Neil
23-Jan-2008, 11:31 AM
Personally, although they seem to have broken the law, I would hope they are treated leniently(ish). Yes, they have produce a form of firearm, BUT, this was only due to (a) some stupidity on their part (using a live round - sheesh!), (b) they were being repeatedly broken into, (c) the fact someone actually BROKE IN, and then STOLE IT!!!!

Of course what we'll see is the injured party now suing the guys :(

paulannett
23-Jan-2008, 12:03 PM
The kid deserved it, these guys should be let off.

Mike70
23-Jan-2008, 01:01 PM
maybe they should be introduced to a good alarm salesmen?

the kid was trespassing but i agree with neil what a monumental act of stupidity to use a live round - where'd these guys think they were? texas?

Skippy911sc
23-Jan-2008, 01:39 PM
maybe they should be introduced to a good alarm salesmen?

the kid was trespassing but i agree with neil what a monumental act of stupidity to use a live round - where'd these guys think they were? texas?

Noooooooo

In Texas we use Tanerite!! :D

Youtube search for it!

Mike70
23-Jan-2008, 01:46 PM
Noooooooo

In Texas we use Tanerite!! :D

Youtube search for it!

just did. jesus h. in a chariot driven sidecar that would take care of intruders.:evil:

CornishCorpse
23-Jan-2008, 04:00 PM
I say let them off since the kids were in the wrong. Its not like they accidentally set it off they broke into the guys house, can it not be considered some kind of self defense? They were in the wrong and they suffered. Im not saying the guy was completely right in what he did he shouldnt have used a live round but if you knew people were using shotguns as an alarm would you still break in? Crime doesnt pay supposdly but like Neil said no doubt there will be some sort of sueing to be going on.

Anyone remember the story over this side of the pond where a farmer shot a guy who had broken into his house and robbing him? The court case following bankrupted the farmer and he got smeared across the papers as living in his car for what? Defending himself and his family in his home?

Skippy911sc
23-Jan-2008, 05:25 PM
I would rather be judged my 12 then carried by 6

;)

kortick
23-Jan-2008, 05:57 PM
Similar thing happened here in Providence a few years back

Guy owned a gun store on North Main st

It kept getting broken into and robbed.

He had alarms, and the police came, but it was a grab and run thing.
they had the tools to smash into his cases

one time they even broke down the front door
by backing a truck into it!
He had to put cement pylons in front of the door.

He got so sick of it he started to sleep in the store
with a loaded rifle, and not some little pea shooter either.

well, they broke in again, only this time daddy was home
and he blew two of the three away

not only was he not charged, but the police and the news
made a point of saying he had every right to do what he did.

the point- if you go mess with someone on thier property
you never know what you may get.

im sorry a kid was hurt, thank god he wasnt killed
but some places you dont belong, its that simple
there is a price for every action
and unfortunately the price may be too high, but it is the reality

acealive1
23-Jan-2008, 06:25 PM
Similar thing happened here in Providence a few years back

Guy owned a gun store on North Main st

It kept getting broken into and robbed.

He had alarms, and the police came, but it was a grab and run thing.
they had the tools to smash into his cases

one time they even broke down the front door
by backing a truck into it!
He had to put cement pylons in front of the door.

He got so sick of it he started to sleep in the store
with a loaded rifle, and not some little pea shooter either.

well, they broke in again, only this time daddy was home
and he blew two of the three away

not only was he not charged, but the police and the news
made a point of saying he had every right to do what he did.

the point- if you go mess with someone on thier property
you never know what you may get.

im sorry a kid was hurt, thank god he wasnt killed
but some places you dont belong, its that simple
there is a price for every action
and unfortunately the price may be too high, but it is the reality

agreed but i just hate when they find out its a kid,everyone gets all emotional. remember,that kid was gonna rob you of stuff u worked hard to get. most all burglaries are done by kids un the direction of some older person.

and i just hated when some kid broke into my house,they're like "hes just a kid"

im like "and?"

MinionZombie
23-Jan-2008, 06:44 PM
The little sh*tbag kid deserved it. You break into someone's house, you run the risk of being killed, beaten or whatever.

A bit 'woah there nelly' setting up a shotgun alarm and leaving a live round in it, but still - if no little sh*t broke in, nobody would have been harmed.

I bet the 'victim' - aka the bloody criminal - will sue and win. It's a sick system whereby criminals have more rights than the actual victims of crime.

If it's your home, you should be fully entitled to defend it - especially there where this chap was constantly subject to crime. Absolutely no sympathy for the little sh*tbag kid.

Tricky
23-Jan-2008, 07:14 PM
Ive heard of a few people using devices like that,and providing the pellets are taken out of the cartridge then i dont see a problem with it!the little bar-steward shouldnt have been breaking in!
A farmer round here told me about 14 years ago that a policeman told him to take the pellets out of his shotgun cartridges & fill them with salt to fire at intruders because he was getting a lot of break-ins!i bet they wouldnt advise that these days!

belial14
23-Jan-2008, 07:24 PM
He should be let off but you know how laws go. I don't care where you are you should be able to protect yourself and your property.

Tied2thetracks
23-Jan-2008, 08:21 PM
So a criminal was injured? So what, if it was a 40 years old would people care as much. A 12 year old knows the law well enough and i dont have much sympothy. I never want to see anyone hurt but what do you expect when commiting a crime. This little criminal will probally become a big criminal.Hopefully a lesson was learned.

Punish the victims, but not much.

Khardis
23-Jan-2008, 09:04 PM
They should be let off without charges, and apologized to for being held up in court and the boy should be prosecuted for breaking and entering and theft. Case closed.

Arcades057
24-Jan-2008, 05:31 PM
The most that should happen, personally, is that he should have to give lessons on how to make other such "alarms" for people whose homes/businesses have been broken into. The little dumbass kid never should have been trespassing in the first place; had he not been, he never would have been injured.

wyvern1096
24-Jan-2008, 11:32 PM
Hopefully they won't get in trouble. The little SOB knew better and broke in anyway. Maybe he'll remeber this experience next time he wants to do something that stupid.