View Full Version : Fox Noise's John Gibson mocks Ledger death.

Purge
24-Jan-2008, 03:43 AM
John Gibson Mocks "Weirdo" Heath Ledger's Death: "He Found Out How To Quit You"

Opening his radio show with funeral music yesterday, Fox News host John Gibson callously mocked the death of actor Heath Ledger, calling him a "weirdo" with a "serious drug problem."

Playing an audio clip of the iconic quote, "I wish I knew how to quit you" from Ledger's gay romance movie Brokeback Mountain, Gibson disdainfully quipped, "Well, he found out how to quit you." Laughing, Gibson then played another clip from Brokeback Mountain in which Ledger said, "We're dead," followed by his own, mocking "We're dead", before playing the clip again.

Throughout the course of the show, Gibson continued to bring up Ledger's death while discussing current events, jokingly claiming that current events may have caused him to commit suicide.

On yesterday's drop in the stock market:

GIBSON: Maybe he had a serious position in the market.

TOM SULLIVAN: And possibly today, he looked at the window and said?

GIBSON: "Oh my God."

SULLIVAN: His name's not Keith Bledger, right?

GIBSON: He was depressed about yesterday's downturn in the world stock markets.

On the Democratic debate in South Carolina:

GIBSON: Apparently Heath Ledger was suicidal and his friends saw it coming. I think he watched the Clinton-Obama debate last night. I think he was an Edwards guy, cause he saw his Edwards guy was just completely irrelevant.

In reality, New York City Police spokesman Paul J. Browne told the New York Times that there was "no obvious indication of suicide."

Mike70
24-Jan-2008, 03:49 AM
that is pretty frakking sick and typical of the nutbags on fox. heath ledger had more talent in his cuticles than this muppet could accumulate in 12 life times. i hope this guy gets eaten by rabid weasels.

besides mocking anyone's death (with damn few exceptions) is repugnant and is the act/ product of a very, very little mind.

acealive1
24-Jan-2008, 03:55 AM
never speak ill of the dead.........that show host needs to be fired

slickwilly13
24-Jan-2008, 03:56 AM
That was very tasteless.

ProfessorChaos
24-Jan-2008, 07:35 AM
what a douche.

clanglee
24-Jan-2008, 08:00 AM
yup, gotta say. real assh@le.

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2008, 11:20 AM
Another bunch of assholes for the fire:

http://www.religiouswatch.com/nw0108.htm#The_Abomination_that_is_Westboro_Baptis t_Church

These sh*tbags have no shame.

mista_mo
24-Jan-2008, 12:36 PM
i'm just going to add that these radicals do not share and or act the same as most christians do.

bassman
24-Jan-2008, 12:48 PM
I can't say that i'm that surprised. Some people are just assholes for the sake of being assholes.

Danny
24-Jan-2008, 01:00 PM
^aint that the truth.

Purge
24-Jan-2008, 02:08 PM
i'm just going to add that these radicals do not share and or act the same as most christians do.

Speaking as a believer myself, I sure as hell don't. Gibson and The Westboro folk are disgusting wastes of blood.

I'm waiting for Man Coulter to chime in too. Shouldn't be long.

Mike70
24-Jan-2008, 03:07 PM
john gibson needs one of these:

http://www.andrewferguson.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/matrix-super-punch.jpg

and i have just noticed that someone has edited his wikipedia page (gibson's) to read simply: john gibson is an asshole.

acealive1
24-Jan-2008, 04:56 PM

http://www.religiouswatch.com/nw0108.htm#The_Abomination_that_is_Westboro_Baptis t_Church

and by them having personal opinions on something,it makes a whole religion look bad.

"dont judge lest not ye be judged"

Mike70
24-Jan-2008, 05:15 PM

his funeral will probably be in australia, huh? so what's to say that australian customs will even let these morons in the country, knowing what they intend to do.

the westboro church is the subject of two of my favorite youtube vids ever. i won't post them in this thread though.

Arcades057
24-Jan-2008, 05:24 PM
Huh, mocking a dead person is wrong?

if there is any justice in the universe this fat, hatemongering, homophobic, embarassment to north america, is being turned into some demon's bi"tch in the very lowest circle of hell.

hen aked if he thought Jerry Falwell was in Heaven, Christopher Hitchens responded with "No, and I wish there were a Hell for him to go to." lol.

Jerry Falwell was an evil person. He had the nerve to blame homosexuals for 9/11 and went after the Teletubbies because he said the purple one was gay. He was a hate filled man who disguised it all behind a religious shield. Thanks God he is dead. One less lunatic running around ruining things for the rest of us. Maybe if more of these stupid Jesus Crispies would die off or realize that the whole thing is a bogus pile of dog****, maybe this nation could be worth something again.

And more from here http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showpost.php?p=86119&postcount=1

Guess it's only not OK to talk about someone after they've died if you actually like the person.

Personally the Fox guy was an idiot for saying those things about Heath Ledger. It's kind of hard to defend comments like his when they're about someone who cannot defend themselves due to being dead. Also it's pretty rotten for the family and friends of Mr. Ledger to have to read or hear those comments as they'll likely be played again and again, ad nauseum, just to prove what a bunch of fruits and morons are on Fox News.

But really, the selective outrage from some of you is great, keep it up.

Mike70
24-Jan-2008, 05:32 PM
yes i wrote the first quote. the second was by minerva. freely admit it and stand by it. i mocked jerry fallwell during his lifetime so why not after death. he was an evil man.

nice way to try and hijack this thread. guess you are gonna get up to your old tricks again, huh?

http://www.hantak.com/images/picard.jpg

Arcades057
24-Jan-2008, 05:37 PM
Far from hijacking anything the information I provided is integral to the subject matter at hand. It was merely to show that some of the moral outrage being directed against the nimrod who made those statements was flawed, coming from some who uttered the same, if not worse claims in the past about another person. And if you want to use pics...

http://www.concurringopinions.com/archives/hypocrite.jpg

Mike70
24-Jan-2008, 05:44 PM
besides mocking anyone's death (with damn few exceptions) is repugnant and is the act/ product of a very, very little mind.

does someone hear a bird chirping??

i prefaced my comments with the words "with damn few exceptions." falwell is one of those exceptions, as would be george bush, saddam hussein or any other perpetrator of either hatred or murder.

this is it for me. no more responses to you- you are not worth it. you seem to have some sort of problem with a lot of folks on this board and oft times with me in particular, therefore i am hitting the ignore button so i no longer have listen to your prattle.

Arcades057
24-Jan-2008, 05:45 PM
i prefaced my comments with the words "with damn few exceptions."

this is it for me. no more responses to you- you are not worth it.

Believe me buddy, the feeling is quite mutual.

kortick
24-Jan-2008, 05:48 PM
yes Arc you are right.

There is a element of hipocracy everywhere.
I know you are smart enough to know and expect this
this isnt really the point of the topic.
Besides, the person who said "you shouldn't talk bad of the dead"
may very well believe that and was not the one you
attributed those quotes to.
other people may think its fine to talk bad about the dead
and make no apologies for it. whatever

this has to do with the wacko who is John Gibson

Some of his claims:

Gibson claims that the BBC is anti-American, accusing the BBC of having "a frothing-at-the-mouth anti-Americanism that was obsessive, irrational and dishonest". He also claimed that reporter Andrew Gilligan, BBC Radio 4, had, "insisted on air that the Iraqi Army was heroically repulsing an incompetent American military".

Gibson's criticisms were rejected by Ofcom when it investigated viewer complaints. It was found that the words he attributed to Gilligan were false.

and:

Gibson stated while being interviewed on Fox News as a guest that non-Christians were "following the wrong religion," and that non-Christians were "not going to have to answer to me. We know who they're going to have to answer to."

and:

On 23rd January 2008 following the announcement of the death of actor Heath Ledger, Gibson completely and totally disgraced himself by opening his show with funeral music and used an audio quote of Ledger saying the line "I wish I knew how to quit you", taken from the movie Brokeback Mountain, and commented "Well, he knew how to quit you!" Laughing, Gibson then played another clip from Brokeback Mountain in which Ledger said, “We’re dead,” followed by his own, mocking “We’re dead” before playing the clip again. Throughout the course of the show, Gibson continued to bring up Ledger's death, jokingly claiming that current events may have caused him to commit suicide, suggesting that Ledger killed himself because he had "a serious position in the (stock) market" or perhaps "watched the Clinton-Obama debate last night. I think he was an Edwards guy, cause he saw his Edwards guy was just completely irrelevant.". He also referred to Ledger as "a weirdo" with a "serious drug problem".

By the way, the Fox web page has totally removed the transcript of that show and has posted one that makes it looks like he cares.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324851,00.html

you want to talk about hipocracy? read the new version of his report of heath ledgers death.

p2501
24-Jan-2008, 05:51 PM
Not for nothing. but the guy works for Fox, he's not even human as he lacks most of the defining characteristics. so the implaied pissantic need to "ZOMG he said bad things about soem ded guyz" should be seen as what it is.

A bull shiat grab for headlines and a quick increase in ratings. seriously, before this who even knew who John Gibson was?;)

Arcades057
24-Jan-2008, 06:07 PM
I wasn't trying to take anything away from what the dillhole did, sorry if it came off that way. I was just throwing out that bit about selective outrage in addition.

Gibson is a damn tool; always has been, likely always will be.

On the same token I'll bet HE didn't say anything bad about Falwell after he died, and I'm pretty sure you could find clips of him lambasting folks who did if you look hard enough (I can't be bothered to).

Mike70
24-Jan-2008, 07:20 PM
the fact that one of john gibson's books is called "The War on Christmas:How the Liberal Plot to Ban the Sacred Christian Holiday Is Worse Than You Thought.

ought to demonstrate just what a typical fox news, off-the-rails rightwing lunatic this guy is.

i have looked up this guy and found an almost endless supply of inane, thoughtless and mean comments.

many of them are right up there with the time rush limbaugh (a fat dude himself) tried to blame the government's food stamp program and liberals in general for obesity in america - that is the level of intelligence we are dealing with here.

not a guy who should be taken seriously at all. he has said crazy, mean stuff like this on many an occasion.

Kaos
25-Jan-2008, 12:46 AM
Arcades, ease up with the pictures. Calling someone #1 Hypocrite with that picture is baiting. You made your point in your post. No need to add insult to injury.

Before you complain that scipio uses pictures, he hasn't been using in them in the same manner. You can't use pictures to call someone names just like you can't call someone an :moon:hole.

Since I am the Number 1 Hypocrite here I would also constitute the insinuation that scipio holds that title as fraud! ;)

Arcades057
25-Jan-2008, 02:39 AM
Heh, no worries man.

SRP76
25-Jan-2008, 02:50 AM
the fact that one of john gibson's books is called "The War on Christmas:How the Liberal Plot to Ban the Sacred Christian Holiday Is Worse Than You Thought.

A liberal plot? Sacred Christian holiday?

A little late for that. Christmas has been about a fat guy bringing you stuff in the middle of the night for at least 30 years. I never knew it had anything to do with religion until about 6th grade.

In fact, I still don't know what the North Pole and a bunch of reindeer have to do with religion.....

SoCalLoco
25-Jan-2008, 03:14 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't give a damn about this?

Seriously, Americans need to ween themselves off celebrity addiction. To me it's worse than our dependence on foreign oil.

Leger was a good actor. I really liked A Knight's Tale (Shannon Sossamon was a total babe in it), and from the few trailers I caught of the Dark Knight, I think he's going to make an excellent joker too. But c'mon, all this fient sadness is totally uncalled for. Yes it's a loss, but mostly for his friends and family and little girl, and perhaps a little for artsy Hollywood and theatre crowd. But all these people running around shedding crocodile tears over his death are no better (or worse, for that matter) than John Gibson.

On a seperate note, John Gibson is a hypocrite though. He's plays himself off like he's some conservative who's been appointed by God to take on social progressives and liberalism, at large. BUT has no shame when it comes to siding with "so-called" liberals when it comes to bashing TRUE conservatives and constitutionalists like Ron Paul.

I agree though, Leger's passing was sad as hell. But really, it's not any sadder than the 18 year old who gets blown to hell in Iraq. The only difference is, the Kid in Iraq wasn't famous. So everyone, make yourselves feel human, shed your tears, say goodbye to a person you never knew, and give yourselves a pat on the back.

Besides that, it wasn't like we lost John Wayne or Jesus Christ or anything. It was a relatively unknown, a person best known for playing a gay cowboy. So let his family and friends grieve their loss. You people that didn't even know the guy don't have to shed anymore crocodile tears because nobody is really convinced.

Mike70
25-Jan-2008, 03:18 AM
socal i don't think this is about celebrity addiction so much as loss of a very talented actor who was a decent, private person. and if this turns out to have been an accident - frak. the loss of anybody so young is a tragedy it is doubly so when there are a huge amount of what ifs.

who knows what this guy could've done in the future.

paris hilton or lindsay lohan or amy winehouse this guy was not.

Purge
25-Jan-2008, 03:21 AM
I watched Gibson's TV program tonight to see if he'd apologize for being such a prick. He did, but it seemed rather half-assed to me.