PDA

View Full Version : mystery science theater 3000...

Mike70
25-Jan-2008, 01:02 PM
might finally be getting a complete release of the entire catalog.

i found this on scifiwire:

"Shout! Factory, the independent DVD supplier, has secured worldwide home entertainment and digital download rights to Mystery Science Theater 3000, including a vast library of original episodes that have never before been issued on DVD or available for digital download, according to The Hollywood Reporter."

is anyone familiar with this shout!factory company? are the dvds they put out good quality with extras and what not or is it cut out bin level?

bassman
25-Jan-2008, 01:05 PM
I read about this yesterday. I'm a huge MST3K fan so this is fan-f*cking-tastic news to me!:D

I'll get back to ya on the quality of their DVDs. But being that i've been watching episodes on VHS....I'll take what I can get.

Apparently you will also be able to download the episodes. That will be great to load onto my iPod when going on trips and what not.

EDIT:
You can find their website at www.shoutfactory.com (http://www.shoutfactory.com). They've had some pretty good releases, so I don't think quality will be a problem.

Mike70
25-Jan-2008, 01:11 PM
yeah i am really looking forward to this. i would really love to see the early episodes with joel that seem never to get played in syndication or get released in some other format.

bassman
25-Jan-2008, 01:13 PM
yeah i am really looking forward to this. i would really love to see the early episodes with joel that seem never to get played in syndication or get released in some other format.

The KTMA shows??? I wish they would release those. I've only seen 2 of them.

Mike70
25-Jan-2008, 01:15 PM
The KTMA shows??? I wish they would release those. I've only seen 2 of them.

yep. the only really early shows i've ever seen were shoddy quality that i downloaded:shifty: from the web. they looked like they were made from 3d gen VHS copies.

bassman
25-Jan-2008, 01:25 PM
I hope the price won't be as high as Rhino's box sets of the show. You would get four random episodes for 60 bucks.:dead:

So I only have 2 of their sets and a few single episodes. Like Manos: The Hands of Fate and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. CLASSICS.

Danny
26-Jan-2008, 07:44 PM
i can only remember one bit from this show, they see a fat guy walk on and he goes "all.mah.pants.are.low.ride-oorrrsss." cracked me rate up.