View Full Version : Land is on TNT

sandrock74
26-Jan-2008, 03:55 AM
Maybe everyone knew about this already but somehow it slipped past me. "Land of the Dead" is on TNT right now (11:30 pm, Friday night). So far there hasn't been too much in the way of edits, other than language. Kind cool to see a Dead film on televison.

Mike70
26-Jan-2008, 04:02 AM
Maybe everyone knew about this already but somehow it slipped past me. "Land of the Dead" is on TNT right now (11:30 pm, Friday night). So far there hasn't been too much in the way of edits, other than language. Kind cool to see a Dead film on televison.

wow. that is pretty cool. reply back and let us know how much was cut and where- besides the language that is a given on american tv.

be interesting to see how the film was packaged for network (which is what TNT amounts to- even though it is cable) viewing.

sandrock74
26-Jan-2008, 04:17 AM
It's the theatric version of the film NOT the dvd release. So far, its still the language that is edited as opposed to visual images. Some minor scenes of gore is shortened or quick cut out. Not bad for a network television showing...much better than the Day of the Dead butcher job that occassionally pops up on the Sci-Fi channel!

Mike70
26-Jan-2008, 04:21 AM
It's the theatric version of the film NOT the dvd release. So far, its still the language that is edited as opposed to visual images. Some minor scenes of gore is shortened or quick cut out. Not bad for a network television showing...much better than the Day of the Dead butcher job that occassionally pops up on the Sci-Fi channel!

well in all fairness to scifi, some of the gore in day is off the chain for even the scifichannel.

but i agree. the versions of day that you see on tv (when you are lucky enough to see them) are butchered beyond belief. unless it is the rare showing on one of the cable networks that can show things uncut. even then i prefer the dvd version.

still nice to see romero's work on tv, no matter where.

SRP76
26-Jan-2008, 04:36 AM
They've cut out every bite and every headshot from what I've seen (turned it on as the zombies were breaking in/Cholo breaking out). Maybe they left those in up to that point, but I highly doubt it.

sandrock74
26-Jan-2008, 04:45 AM
Thats where the cuts started coming into effect. Quick bites as opposed to the longer versions. Still, not bad for network television.

ProfessorChaos
26-Jan-2008, 05:15 AM
has anyone ever heard of dawn of the dead (original) airing on television?

i never have, and wonder...why not?

sandrock74
26-Jan-2008, 05:21 AM
I saw Dawn of the Dead (original) on Cinemax once in 1998. Thats it...always been on tape or dvd otherwise.

Doc
26-Jan-2008, 05:22 AM

i never have, and wonder...why not? Yeah they should air it sometime.:thumbsup: I remember seeing Night of the living Dead on Starz.......or was it Cinemark.......oh welll, I actually still remember the day.....it was Friday 12 of October.

Mike70
26-Jan-2008, 05:44 AM

i never have, and wonder...why not?

it has aired at halloween a few times. a couple of years ago, cinemax (folks out there please correct me if wrong) aired a romero filmfest at halloween, that featured some cool interviews with george and the movies -night, martin, dawn, and creepshow. i have the interviews and creepshow on tape. i'll have to dig them out and see what network it was.

so dawn does play every once in awhile on cable.

SRP76
26-Jan-2008, 07:02 AM
Cinemax (and Starz, Showtime, etc.) is a pay channel. So, should that even be counted as "being on tv"?

I've never seen it aired on any non-pay channel.

I have seen Night (colorized version, of course) aired over broadcast tv, though. At least once, in 1990, at 4AM.

Legion2213
26-Jan-2008, 05:09 PM
Dawn of the Dead was shown on channel 4 (UK station) about 10 years ago, I caught it at about 10 minutes into the movie and remembered that I'd seen this excellent movie when I was a bit younger....my zombie adiction really did start from that night...bit of a watershed for me...

This very site is one of the first places I found on the internet when I got a Sega Dreamcast and discovered the www several years ago (I may be a recent member, but I've been visiting for many years, I remember the site being destroyed by badguys several years ago and missing it like Hell!). :)

Staredge
27-Jan-2008, 03:03 AM
I saw Dawn on a non-premium cable channel not too long ago. Day as well. Can't remember which one though. AMC...or maybe IFC. Recorded them on the DVR so I didn't have to stay up so late!!!!:lol:

And I caught Land. First time I'd seen it! Hated to see the cut-up version, but just couldn't resist.

Will

DjfunkmasterG
27-Jan-2008, 02:26 PM
They butchered LAND on TNT.

Besides langauge, any close-up or visceral gore was cut. If the gore was shown through a shadow or mask of some kind (Like hand being ripped apart) they would show it, but any entrail eating was trimmed right out.

Biggest change... Cholo coming into the parking garage. You never see Kaufmann shoot him, instead you see him enter the garage and it is cut in such a way he is already a zombie. They did use the unrated cut, but took so much stuff out.

sandrock74
27-Jan-2008, 02:55 PM
Two cuts that made me scratch my head in confusion:
Them taking out Kaufman shooting Cholo (so it appeared he was a zombie all along) and earlier along when the Big Daddy led zombies come across the wooden wall (they cut out the butcher zombie using his meat cleaver to chop the hole in the wall...so it looked as if they wandered up to the wall and the hole was already in it). I guess its possible the two cuts were made to trim the overall time of the movie down instead of being due to content?
Obviously, the eating of entrails was cut out (kinda goes without saying) BUT, is it just me or did they miss an F-Bomb from Motown when she was hot-wiring the car?
I wouldn't recommend the tv version of the film BUT it was MUCH better and easier to follow than the edited version of Day of the Dead.

sandrock74
27-Jan-2008, 02:56 PM
Disregard...

sandrock74
27-Jan-2008, 02:57 PM
Having trouble with multiple posts.

Staredge
27-Jan-2008, 07:07 PM
Two cuts that made me scratch my head in confusion:
Them taking out Kaufman shooting Cholo (so it appeared he was a zombie all along) and earlier along when the Big Daddy led zombies come across the wooden wall (they cut out the butcher zombie using his meat cleaver to chop the hole in the wall...so it looked as if they wandered up to the wall and the hole was already in it). I guess its possible the two cuts were made to trim the overall time of the movie down instead of being due to content?
Obviously, the eating of entrails was cut out (kinda goes without saying) BUT, is it just me or did they miss an F-Bomb from Motown when she was hot-wiring the car?
I wouldn't recommend the tv version of the film BUT it was MUCH better and easier to follow than the edited version of Day of the Dead.

I wondered. Read the posts about Cholo but didn't remember seeing it, and I wondered how the hole got there. Also, I've seen posts about someone hanging themself, but didn't see that either. (mighta missed it though)

Bought the Dawn 04/Land 2 pack at Wallyworld today, so I guess all will be revealed soon enough!!!! :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
27-Jan-2008, 07:14 PM
Well I assume they cut the cholo being shot part because of Kaufmann calling him a Spic. The racist dialog would have had to been trimmed and the best way to do that would be the way they cut it.

SymphonicX
27-Jan-2008, 07:31 PM
There's a good thread in this....see Dead forums...

Legion2213
27-Jan-2008, 09:55 PM
I wondered. Read the posts about Cholo but didn't remember seeing it, and I wondered how the hole got there. Also, I've seen posts about someone hanging themself, but didn't see that either. (mighta missed it though)

Bought the Dawn 04/Land 2 pack at Wallyworld today, so I guess all will be revealed soon enough!!!! :lol:

The hanged guy scene is only on the Land Directors Cut. It might be a deleted scene on the normal cut though (somebody will have to confirm this, I only have the Dir-Cut).

Edit: Enjoy your movies all the same! :)

Staredge
27-Jan-2008, 10:21 PM
The hanged guy scene is only on the Land Directors Cut. It might be a deleted scene on the normal cut though (somebody will have to confirm this, I only have the Dir-Cut).

Edit: Enjoy your movies all the same! :)

Luckily, they're the unrated director's cut versions!

Legion2213
27-Jan-2008, 10:26 PM
Luckily, they're the unrated director's cut versions!

Nice little score then. :cool:

Dead Hoosier
28-Jan-2008, 10:43 PM
Back to Dawn being on TV...I've only seen it once on one either Starz or Encore about two years ago. It is odd that it hasn't been on more over the years...Day, too. Neither belongs on non-pay-TV, you can't edit those films to nothing...kind of like the Cheech and Chong's for regular TV where they cut the weed out entirely..."Helloooo...":annoyed:

Monrozombi
08-Feb-2008, 12:17 AM
my wife, aka Mrs. Monro starting pushing our child out of her body while this was on the TV in the hospital, I tried to get her to get him out by the time they hit Fiddler's Greene but he was stubborn and waited till the film was over ot be born

ZombiePrototype
08-Feb-2008, 11:13 PM
No offense meant, but Why would anyone watch a movie especially a zombie movie on basic cable or broadcast tv when 99.9% of the time they censor everything.:confused:

Staredge
09-Feb-2008, 03:32 AM
No offense meant, but Why would anyone watch a movie especially a zombie movie on basic cable or broadcast tv when 99.9% of the time they censor everything.:confused:

'cause it's on????

Monrozombi
09-Feb-2008, 08:03 PM
'cause it's on????

if you want to see some serious cutting and bad dialouge looping, look for Day of the Dead on the SciFi channel sometime, every other word from Pilato's mouth is looped, bad but fun to watch

ZombiePrototype
10-Feb-2008, 12:28 AM
'cause it's on????
I see your point, but I would rather watch UNCENSORED on dvd

Legion2213
10-Feb-2008, 06:14 PM
if you want to see some serious cutting and bad dialouge looping, look for Day of the Dead on the SciFi channel sometime, every other word from Pilato's mouth is looped, bad but fun to watch

I bet he still comes across as an angry, venomous bastard though...Rhodes rules! :D

Monrozombi
10-Feb-2008, 07:47 PM
I bet he still comes across as an angry, venomous bastard though...Rhodes rules! :D

you got that right

bd2999
13-Feb-2008, 10:29 PM
Watched in on there several weeks back. Its funny how much they have to edit out. You often wonder what is the point if you have to take such big parts of the movie out to avoid having to much sensoring. They showed ab it more than I thought they would though. Itsl ike Day of hte Dead on Sci Fi. The last 15 minutes are basicly not there.