PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Spartans - Is it really that bad?

Neil
28-Jan-2008, 11:37 AM
A review at AICN slams it something rotton - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35415

Yet, it's no1 at the US box office!?

bassman
28-Jan-2008, 11:44 AM
It looks that bad. But that sums up American audiences for ya...

Doc
28-Jan-2008, 12:02 PM
Like I said just because something does good finacially doesn't mean its good. Also didn't the guys who made Epic movie make this?

ProfessorChaos
28-Jan-2008, 01:38 PM
i am soooo sick of all these retarded-ass spoof movies. i remember when "not another teen movie" came out, it was decent, but these days, there's an incredible amount of retarded spoofs, and they don't seem to stop:

date movie
epic movie
scary movie 1, 2, 3, 4

i'm sure there are others, but i've got better stuff to do right now than think of them.

ENOUGH WITH THE FOOKIN SPOOF FILMS, EH?

bassman
28-Jan-2008, 01:50 PM
I saw bits of Scary Movie 4 on a movie channel the other day and I have to say that I thought it was funny....

:shifty:

EvilNed
28-Jan-2008, 01:58 PM
Anything that spoofs 300 can't be all bad. I liked how they ridiculed some aspects of it in the trailer.

Skippy911sc
28-Jan-2008, 03:15 PM
Of course its a Bad movie...its nber one at the box office for its opening weekend...:lol:

mista_mo
28-Jan-2008, 03:22 PM
i heard it was pretty good from a few friends tbh...

probibly just watch a cam version sometime lol. Naw, not worth my time, i hate these kinda movies.

acealive1
28-Jan-2008, 04:46 PM
im wondering how scary movie redux beat out rambo. it didnt have a single new idea and all it did was spoof other movies,you'd think this woulda gotten old after epic movie

Mike70
28-Jan-2008, 04:50 PM
yes but can it top this:

gNqiSkd1M6k

MikePizzoff
28-Jan-2008, 05:12 PM
Have you seen any of the trailers, Neil? It looks like complete garbage. None of it looks funny at all, unless you're in like 9th grade and take remedial classes.

i am soooo sick of all these retarded-ass spoof movies. i remember when "not another teen movie" came out, it was decent, but these days, there's an incredible amount of retarded spoofs, and they don't seem to stop:

date movie
epic movie
scary movie 1, 2, 3, 4

Actually, Scary Movie came out a year before Not Another Teen Movie.

acealive1
28-Jan-2008, 05:40 PM
Have you seen any of the trailers, Neil? It looks like complete garbage. None of it looks funny at all, unless you're in like 9th grade and take remedial classes.

Actually, Scary Movie came out a year before Not Another Teen Movie.

i only respect scary movie 1,its the funniest and the movie company hadnt pushed the wayns brothers to the side yet. they screwed it all up by moving them off of their own project.

bassman
28-Jan-2008, 06:28 PM
i only respect scary movie 1,its the funniest and the movie company hadnt pushed the wayns brothers to the side yet. they screwed it all up by moving them off of their own project.

But they brought in David Zucker. The king of...well...dumb comedy. He created such classics as Airplane!, Top Secret!, and The Naked Gun. The Wayan Brothers wrote the first three but didn't do the fourth film. Which is okay with me because ever since I heard they're making a Munsters movie i've wanted to kill them....

Skippy911sc
28-Jan-2008, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=scipio70;129476]yes but can it top this:

gNqiSkd1M6k[/QUOTE

That is GREAT...and I mean Tony the Tiger Great!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neil
28-Jan-2008, 07:00 PM
yes but can it top this:

gNqiSkd1M6k

Mmmmmkay... What a lot of skill has gone into such a waste of effort :rolleyes:

Mike70
28-Jan-2008, 07:11 PM
Mmmmmkay... What a lot of skill has gone into such a waste of effort :rolleyes:

don't be hatin'!:lol:

i take it that you are not a lover of caketown.

acealive1
28-Jan-2008, 07:20 PM
But they brought in David Zucker. The king of...well...dumb comedy. He created such classics as Airplane!, Top Secret!, and The Naked Gun. The Wayan Brothers wrote the first three but didn't do the fourth film. Which is okay with me because ever since I heard they're making a Munsters movie i've wanted to kill them....

AKA they rushed a script to the studio ahead of the wayans and by default taking over a franchise they didnt create.

bassman
28-Jan-2008, 07:21 PM
AKA they rushed a script to the studio ahead of the wayans and by default taking over a franchise they didnt create.

Like I said...they wish to ruin The Munsters - they deserve to have their little franchise taken away.:p

zombie04
28-Jan-2008, 07:28 PM

Actually the Wayons said they wanted to move on to new projects (which turned out to be White Chicks:rockbrow:) and the writers who made Date Movie/Epic Movie/Meet the Spartans turned in their draft to the studio (they co-wrote the original Scary Movie with the Wayons) and were rejected because apparently it was too horrible for even Dimension Films to produce. It was called Scary Movie 3: Episode I - Lord of the Brooms if that gives you any idea as to how bad it might have been. And after they were kicked off the movie the studio hired David Zucker and company to make 3, which wasn't a bad decision considering how bad Scary Movie 2 was.

acealive1
28-Jan-2008, 07:35 PM
Actually the Wayons said they wanted to move on to new projects (which turned out to be White Chicks:rockbrow:) and the writers who made Date Movie/Epic Movie/Meet the Spartans turned in their draft to the studio (they co-wrote the original Scary Movie with the Wayons) and were rejected because apparently it was too horrible for even Dimension Films to produce. It was called Scary Movie 3: Episode I - Lord of the Brooms if that gives you any idea as to how bad it might have been. And after they were kicked off the movie the studio hired David Zucker and company to make 3, which wasn't a bad decision considering how bad Scary Movie 2 was.
um.....sure.......

remember after scary movie one it wasnt funny....i wonder why

Like I said...they wish to ruin The Munsters - they deserve to have their little franchise taken away.:p

i dont see anyone else steppin gup to make the movie,do u? its like a child whining about wanting something only after he sees someone else with it.

bassman
28-Jan-2008, 07:46 PM
i dont see anyone else steppin gup to make the movie,do u? its like a child whining about wanting something only after he sees someone else with it.

Actually, I don't think they should make a Munsters film at all. Take it easy man...you sure are passionate about the Wayans brothers.:eek:

acealive1
28-Jan-2008, 08:07 PM
Actually, I don't think they should make a Munsters film at all. Take it easy man...you sure are passionate about the Wayans brothers.:eek:

im passionate about anyone who can buck the system and make money on their own. when that doesnt happen,u have a strike like right now

slickwilly13
28-Jan-2008, 09:44 PM
I thought the first two Scary Movies were funny. But I enjoy vulgar In Living Color style humor.

acealive1
28-Jan-2008, 09:50 PM
I thought the first two Scary Movies were funny. But I enjoy vulgar In Living Color style humor.

agreed.