PDA

View Full Version : The lead role of GI Joe has been cast......

acealive1
28-Jan-2008, 10:36 PM
Channing Tatum is Duke in G.I. Joe
Source: Ain't It Cool News, Latino Review
January 28, 2008

First mentioned by Latino Review as being up for the role, Ain't It Cool News is now saying it has confirmed that Channing Tatum has landed the lead role of Duke in director Stephen Sommers' big screen G.I. Joe adaptation, which Paramount will release in theaters on August 7, 2009.

Tatum has starred in such films as She's the Man, Step Up and A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints. His upcoming films include Stop-Loss and Fighting.

He'll be joining Sienna Miller, Ray Park, Rachel Nichols, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Said Taghmaoui, Marlon Wayans and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the cast for the action-adventure.

The film, based on the Hasbro property, is set to start shooting next month in Los Angeles.

ProfessorChaos
29-Jan-2008, 03:33 AM
this movie is gonna be another mtv-craptrocity piece of garbage. once again, hollywood is raping and ruining a pre-existing franchise.:bored:

sorry ace, but i'm hoping you're not excited over this...:shifty:

acealive1
29-Jan-2008, 04:19 AM
this movie is gonna be another mtv-craptrocity piece of garbage. once again, hollywood is raping and ruining a pre-existing franchise.:bored:

sorry ace, but i'm hoping you're not excited over this...:shifty:

dont assume. im only reporting news

SRP76
29-Jan-2008, 04:28 AM
I don't know any of those "actors".

MikePizzoff
29-Jan-2008, 05:06 AM
:bored: Great, another "Transformers" that's only going to bring people that didn't want anything to do with a franchise into being all about it.

(EDIT!!!!)...franchise into being all about it when they didn't know a DAMN thing about it before hand.

Arcades057
29-Jan-2008, 06:29 AM
Oh wow, Ray "Darth Maul" Park is in it?? Bet he's Snake Eyes.

SRP76
29-Jan-2008, 06:36 AM
I really know nothing about this movie. Is it even going to feature Cobra? Or is it going to be just some "Joes vs. cookie-cutter villain" flick?

I feel less is more when it comes to characters for this. Having 60 characters would be a waste, since most people watching won't be familiar with them. Use only what can be spotlighted.

I would have:

Joes:
1. Hawk
2. Duke
3. Flint
4. Scarlett
5. Lady Jaye
6. Doc
7. Snake-Eyes

Cobra:
1. Cobra Commander (his face would NOT be shown in the film!!!)
2. Destro
3. Baroness
4. Storm Shadow

That's it (other than the faceless hordes of Cobra soldiers). Any more would result in several of them being stuck in "bit parts".

Danny
29-Jan-2008, 09:18 AM
Lllaaaaaaaaaaammmmmeeeeeeeeeeee!

bassman
29-Jan-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm not expecting much. I mean, isn't this the director of the first two Mummy films and Van Helsing?:dead:

acealive1
29-Jan-2008, 03:34 PM
I really know nothing about this movie. Is it even going to feature Cobra? Or is it going to be just some "Joes vs. cookie-cutter villain" flick?

I feel less is more when it comes to characters for this. Having 60 characters would be a waste, since most people watching won't be familiar with them. Use only what can be spotlighted.

I would have:

Joes:
1. Hawk
2. Duke
3. Flint
4. Scarlett
5. Lady Jaye
6. Doc
7. Snake-Eyes

Cobra:
1. Cobra Commander (his face would NOT be shown in the film!!!)
2. Destro
3. Baroness
4. Storm Shadow

That's it (other than the faceless hordes of Cobra soldiers). Any more would result in several of them being stuck in "bit parts".

if sgt slaughter isnt in this some kind of way,we riot

Mike70
29-Jan-2008, 04:27 PM
i didn't realize that a movie version of this was in the works.

will the bullets actually hit people in this film?

acealive1
29-Jan-2008, 06:48 PM
i didn't realize that a movie version of this was in the works.

will the bullets actually hit people in this film?

im hoping so. but look for plasma rifles like in the cartoon

Danny
29-Jan-2008, 07:08 PM
im hoping so. but look for plasma rifles like in the cartoon

and crossovers with transformers?:lol:

Moon Knight
29-Jan-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm not expecting much. I mean, isn't this the director of the first two Mummy films and Van Helsing?:dead:

Yes it is, lol!

And yeah, Ray Park IS Snake Eyes.

Any movie with a Wayons brother in it has bantha doodoo splattered all over it. :eek:

ProfessorChaos
29-Jan-2008, 08:49 PM
So, G.I. Joe, as far as i know, commonly stands for "Government Issue Joe" (i..e. average dude in a military outfit) This term is said to originally come from the abbreviation for galvanized iron, which was once used for many forms of military equipment.

Now this movie and its retarded producers/writers, in order to make this more of a politically correct concept, are now making G.I. Joe stand for Globally Intergrated Joint Operating Entity, or some rubbish like that. What a crock of sh!t. Much like this film is sure to be, I'm certain.

Anywho, this got me thinking of a new game we can play: come up with a clever acronym for G.I. Joe, one which fits into the idea of this new movie....I'll start:

Gastro-Intestinal Juice On Everything (covered in puke)

or

Great Idea, Jerk-Off Egomaniacs! (suck it Hollywood, you bunch of no-talent rip-off co(ksuckers!)