PDA

View Full Version : Back on the currency issue..

Tricky
29-Jan-2008, 06:32 PM
..(the thread was locked before i could reply)

the reason it bothers me about them removing the british symbols from the coins is because of what it represents,the gradual erosion of our nationality.On its own its not a huge issue,so i understand why you think it shouldnt bother me so much,but its part of a bigger picture & thats what bothers me.Very little is taught about british history in schools these days due to government guidelines which means the kids grow up with no sense of nationality or appreciation of the achievements of our ancestors,british culture is actively being ground down (councils banning bonfires & xmas decorations for example) other cultures are actively encouraged while being proud to be british is frowned upon!We are being slammed headlong into europe,and i imagine this erosion of our nationality has something to do with it,trying to turn us into good little europeans rather than patriots,and its subtle changes like wiping national symbols from currency that guide the sleepwalking public into it :(

Mike70
29-Jan-2008, 08:01 PM
..(the thread was locked before i could reply)

the reason it bothers me about them removing the british symbols from the coins is because of what it represents,the gradual erosion of our nationality.On its own its not a huge issue,so i understand why you think it shouldnt bother me so much,but its part of a bigger picture & thats what bothers me.Very little is taught about british history in schools these days due to government guidelines which means the kids grow up with no sense of nationality or appreciation of the achievements of our ancestors,british culture is actively being ground down (councils banning bonfires & xmas decorations for example) other cultures are actively encouraged while being proud to be british is frowned upon!We are being slammed headlong into europe,and i imagine this erosion of our nationality has something to do with it,trying to turn us into good little europeans rather than patriots,and its subtle changes like wiping national symbols from currency that guide the sleepwalking public into it :(

back to de monie:

do you have any idea what the royal mint is planning on replacing the britannia design with? a pakistani in a taxi with a caption that reads "Britian: Fook yeah, man!"

like i said in the previous thread that a certain troll sent spinning off the rails, it's like if the US decided to take the eagle off the back of the quarter (while the state quarters are being issued that is on hiatus, but is still the classic desgin) along with the E. Pluribus Unum and replace it with god knows what.

i also wonder was then some sort of planned revamping of UK coin designs? although why screw with something so classic. the us mint totally revamped all of our paper currency a few years ago but the classic design features are still instantly recognizable.

on another tip - you don't mean april 30 may eve bonfires do you??? if so that is a travesty. those happen all over eastern canada still. i was up near London last year and there were bonfires going on in lots of places.

Danny
29-Jan-2008, 08:05 PM
on another tip - you don't mean april 30 may eve bonfires do you??? if so that is a travesty. those happen all over eastern canada still. i was up near London last year and there were bonfires going on in lots of places.

nah man, "remember ,remember the 5th of november, gunpowder, treason and plot.......mother****er" , (i brought it up to date a litle at the end) november 5th. BONFIRE NIGHT! think 4th of july meets halloween meets bigass superbowl sunday barbeque + one massive pile of wood with a stuffed guy fawkes scarecrow on top burning whilst the sky between 7pm and 3am can cause seizures if viewed directly:D

Mike70
29-Jan-2008, 08:20 PM
nah man, "remember ,remember the 5th of november, gunpowder, treason and plot.......mother****er" , (i brought it up to date a litle at the end) november 5th. BONFIRE NIGHT! think 4th of july meets halloween meets bigass superbowl sunday barbeque + one massive pile of wood with a stuffed guy fawkes scarecrow on top burning whilst the sky between 7pm and 3am can cause seizures if viewed directly:D

got ya. guy fawkes bonfires. well that is still pretty sad those are being banned. sounds like they were a mass load of fun.

Tricky
29-Jan-2008, 09:22 PM
got ya. guy fawkes bonfires. well that is still pretty sad those are being banned. sounds like they were a mass load of fun.

They havent been outright banned,but more & more areas of the country are stopping them while hiding behind "health & safety" regulations,when actually bonfires are safe,traditional fun as long as they are done properly!its just another attack on tradition by this "modern thinking" government that is grinding britain into the dust from every direction.Council tax is rising sharply to pay for the huge influx of immigrants now as well,which is causing "white flight" among a lot of my generation.Sorry for ranting on about it folks,theres just a lot going on over here now that angers those of us who are "traditional" patriotic brits :(

ProfessorChaos
29-Jan-2008, 09:49 PM
tricky, the animation deal in your signature is a fookin riot!:lol:

AcesandEights
29-Jan-2008, 11:07 PM
tricky, the animation deal in your signature is a fookin riot!:lol:

Yeah, it's a long one, but soooo worth it :lol: