PDA

View Full Version : nightmare on elm street news

acealive1
30-Jan-2008, 02:40 AM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117979807.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

the only movies that should ever be remade cuz of the fact their story and special effects had to be toned down because of a low budget from new line

slickwilly13
30-Jan-2008, 03:13 AM
*sings* Its a nightmare. Its just a dream....

acealive1
30-Jan-2008, 03:16 AM
*sings* Its a nightmare. Its just a dream....

LOL

oh cmon. it'll give the franchise its just due

MikePizzoff
30-Jan-2008, 04:38 AM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117979807.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

the only movies that should ever be remade cuz of the fact their story and special effects had to be toned down because of a low budget from new line

WHAT?! Are you friggin kidding me? You actually think the Elm St movies should be remade?!?!?! Ugh, you're not a real fan, traitor!

This is pure blasphemy and I'm furious. New Line are idiots.

acealive1
30-Jan-2008, 05:09 AM
WHAT?! Are you friggin kidding me? You actually think the Elm St movies should be remade?!?!?! Ugh, you're not a real fan, traitor!

This is pure blasphemy and I'm furious. New Line are idiots.
its like saying no remake for a certain movie because the first one was panned and lambasted but still managed to become a classic. all for the remake if theres no budget limits

slickwilly13
30-Jan-2008, 05:44 AM
What if they used the same guy to play him? I doubt this will the comical one-liner Freddy. Since they are basing it from the first movie.

acealive1
30-Jan-2008, 05:49 AM
What if they used the same guy to play him?

that seems to be the plan, it wouldnt work otherwise

SRP76
30-Jan-2008, 05:55 AM
Just Say No to remakes.

There's no point. I can see the original movie whenever I want.

People need to make NEW movies, not just redo what's there. Either that, or the so-called "writers" need to stop getting paid, because they aren't actually doing anything. Any fool can copy something.

slickwilly13
30-Jan-2008, 05:57 AM
If they don't use Robert Englund as Freddy then it is not worth watching. That's his character and no one can play it other than him.

acealive1
30-Jan-2008, 05:58 AM
If they don't use Robert Englund as Freddy then it is not worth watching. That's his character and no one can play it other than him.

agreed. its like when they thought it'd be a good idea to have another guy play the joker in a new batman film. nicholson made the joker what it should have been

ProfessorChaos
30-Jan-2008, 10:17 AM
agreed. its like when they thought it'd be a good idea to have another guy play the joker in a new batman film. nicholson made the joker what it should have been

gotta disagree with ya on this one ace.

not to sound like i think that ledger's a great actor because of the whole "he just died and was yada yada yada (sympathy)", but one must admit, he is (was) quite remarkable and full of talent for his young age, plus he decided not to take the route of stiffler-esque actors and do a bunch of crap films. sure some of his films aren't the best, but he's still the finest actor under thirty, imo.

to counter your thing about the joker, though: i think ledger's joker is going to be legendary. even if he'd not passed away last week, his portrayal of this diabolical villain is going to blow nicholson's out of the water, and i'm sure that everyone will see it instantly. you'll probably even come around, too.

i've always been a marvel comics fan, and never really got into dc comics. i remember liking the batman movies as a kid, but once they got the boy wonder, bat-nipples, and clooney and whatever else thrown into the mix, it really took a turn for the worse. batman begins, imo, is the best superhero film ever, far superior to any of the spider-man films...the cast is amazing, the story is top-notch, effects, costumes, realism, etc...and the dark knight is gonna take it to a whole new level, primarily due to heath ledger's joker.

i honestly can't remember being this pumped about a movie. it's like five months away, and i'm practically twitching.

but back to the elm street deal....once again, fu(k hollywood. i am going to begin boycotting all remakes, starting with this one. i think everyone should join in, and maybe they'll get the hint...(like that's not been said 6 million times before):rolleyes:

bassman
30-Jan-2008, 11:40 AM
gotta disagree with ya on this one ace.

not to sound like i think that ledger's a great actor because of the whole "he just died and was yada yada yada (sympathy)", but one must admit, he is (was) quite remarkable and full of talent for his young age, plus he decided not to take the route of stiffler-esque actors and do a bunch of crap films. sure some of his films aren't the best, but he's still the finest actor under thirty, imo.

to counter your thing about the joker, though: i think ledger's joker is going to be legendary. even if he'd not passed away last week, his portrayal of this diabolical villain is going to blow nicholson's out of the water, and i'm sure that everyone will see it instantly. you'll probably even come around, too.

i've always been a marvel comics fan, and never really got into dc comics. i remember liking the batman movies as a kid, but once they got the boy wonder, bat-nipples, and clooney and whatever else thrown into the mix, it really took a turn for the worse. batman begins, imo, is the best superhero film ever, far superior to any of the spider-man films...the cast is amazing, the story is top-notch, effects, costumes, realism, etc...and the dark knight is gonna take it to a whole new level, primarily due to heath ledger's joker.

i honestly can't remember being this pumped about a movie. it's like five months away, and i'm practically twitching.

but back to the elm street deal....once again, fu(k hollywood. i am going to begin boycotting all remakes, starting with this one. i think everyone should join in, and maybe they'll get the hint...(like that's not been said 6 million times before):rolleyes:

Yeah....Ledger's Joker is going to kick ass. The trailer already proves that. Plus....they're all completely different takes on the character. I'll always enjoy Ceasar Romero for the campy Joker, I'll always enjoy Nicholson pretty much playing himself in Joker makeup(which wasn't necessarily a bad thing), and I'm almost positive I will enjoy Ledger's more reality-based psychopathic, homocidal Joker. They're all different takes on the character. Kind of like the different James Bonds over the years.

But back to Nightmare...

I've never been a huge fan of the original, but this remake is being mdeunder Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes production company. The same company behind the Texas Chainsaw remake. The remake of the original wasn't HORRIBLE(Never saw that prequel that was released about 2 years back) but it sure as hell didn't hold a candle to the original.

I guess time will tell if they get a writer/director that has some passion and makes a decent film. And like I've heard directors and writers say - "If you want to see my original...it's still over there on the shelf. It's not going anywhere".

capncnut
30-Jan-2008, 11:49 AM
If this remake gets greenlit then the movie industry is in a very sad shape...

...wait it already is!

MikePizzoff
30-Jan-2008, 01:26 PM
its like saying no remake for a certain movie because the first one was panned and lambasted but still managed to become a classic. all for the remake if theres no budget limits

I can't grasp how you're a horror movie fan and think the first Nightmare isn't good. In my opinion, and most other horror fans I know, that movie is great.

With today's stupid f**king CGI and MTV being so important, the movie is going to be ruined with a horrible soundtrack, people that can't act but are popular among the 12-21 crowd, and really lame special f-x.

MinionZombie
30-Jan-2008, 02:07 PM
God, another friggin' remake?

And The Birds, and Near Dark, and Friday 13th - F*CK OFF WITH THE MADNESS!!! :eek:

And what is it with that Platinum Dunes, do they make original movies or do they just remake classic horror films and thus, never make a movie better?

Sheesh. Still, only Nightmares 1 through 3 were any proper good, 7 was a bit meh, but 4 through 6 were total gash - death by road map, anyone?

Boil it down further, only 1 and 3 were any good, and even then Freddy was only scary in the first film. I wonder if they'll remember that Freddy is in fact a child-fiddling murderer, and not a kid's toy icon?

To be honest, I'm not expecting much - especially with people who were involved with Freddy VS Jason on board. Since when did horror become a WWF style beat down PPV event? :rolleyes:

I'll be interested to see what they do with Jason though, as long as it's given the proper work over like Rob Zombie did with Myers, otherwise we'll end up with nu-Jason who'll probably listen to hip-hip and wear bling and pretend to be cool like Nick Cannon is ... *sar-car-zum OVER...LOAD*

*head explodes*

Danny
30-Jan-2008, 05:51 PM
****!, Jesus **** Balls Christ Noo! Let This Series Stay ****in' Dead!!!!

C5NOTLD
31-Jan-2008, 08:43 PM
If this remake gets greenlit then the movie industry is in a very sad shape...

...wait it already is!

:lol:

acealive1
31-Jan-2008, 10:03 PM
I can't grasp how you're a horror movie fan and think the first Nightmare isn't good.

compared to parts 3 and 4, the first one was utter bollocks

Khardis
31-Jan-2008, 10:20 PM
compared to parts 3 and 4, the first one was utter bollocks

You just proved you aren't a fan. 3 and 4 were when the Nightmare films began to become stupid and a cash cow only, bereft of creativity, originality or anything remotely interesting. Part 2 was crappy too, but at least it mirrored the original in seriousness, after those 2 Freddy became a Corporate logo, and a cash register and not a demented serial killer of children.

acealive1
31-Jan-2008, 10:41 PM
You just proved you aren't a fan. 3 and 4 were when the Nightmare films began to become stupid and a cash cow only

your reply speaks volumes of stupidity

Khardis
31-Jan-2008, 10:48 PM
your reply speaks volumes of stupidity

Any reason for how come it "speaks volumes of stupidity"? Im curious I thought I made decent points.

mista_mo
31-Jan-2008, 10:51 PM
Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere

acealive1
31-Jan-2008, 10:52 PM
Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

capncnut
31-Jan-2008, 11:11 PM
3 and 4 were when the Nightmare films began to become stupid and a cash cow only, bereft of creativity, originality or anything remotely interesting. Part 2 was crappy too, but at least it mirrored the original in seriousness...
I agree, as much as I'm not really a diehard fan of the Elm Street series, none of the sequels remotely touch the orginal. Part 2 was okay, some cool moments for a turd. Parts 3, 4, 5, 100 were all comedies in my eyes. Krueger was kinda chilling in the first but he quickly turned into a loveable pizza-faced pedo who spun one liners in every scene he appeared in. Honestly, if I had a nightmare and he showed up saying that s**t to me, I'd piss my pants laughing and make him my bitch.

Besides, with that stripey sweater and pimply mug, I wouldn't be surprised if he was an emo in disguise. :D