PDA

View Full Version : shocking stuff

acealive1
30-Jan-2008, 05:48 AM
Slash was born in Hampstead, an affluent neighbourhood in London, England[1] to a white Jewish English father and an African-American mother, both of whom were involved with show business. Slash's mother worked as a costume designer for David Bowie, and his father was an artist who contributed live ensembles to Neil Young and Joni Mitchell. Slash was raised in the city of Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, until the age of 11, when he relocated to Los Angeles, California with his parents in the mid-1970s. He lived with his mother there most of the time after his parents separated. He was given the nickname "Slash" by family friend Seymour Cassel, according to whom Saul "was always in a hurry, zipping around from one thing to another

:eek::eek:

i didnt know slash was english

capncnut
30-Jan-2008, 11:41 AM
That's a very well known fact and also David Bowie was an uncle figure to Slash 'cos he used to date his mother. Also (more trivia) Slash had a minor part in Penelope Sheeris' 1983 film, Suburbia, starring alongside Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers when he was 16.

MikePizzoff
30-Jan-2008, 01:22 PM
I knew Slash was from the UK... always wondered what happened to his accent. He doesn't even have a trace of one.

axlish
30-Jan-2008, 04:34 PM
I knew Slash was from the UK... always wondered what happened to his accent. He doesn't even have a trace of one.

To quote the great Jack Scagnetti, he "didn't want to talk like those a**holes" :)

Chic Freak
30-Jan-2008, 10:09 PM
I knew Slash was English, but I thought he was from Brum. How cool, I'm going to Stoke on Friday :)

capncnut
31-Jan-2008, 06:27 AM
He just lost trace of it from spending time in America. I lived in Scotland for a few months and came back with a noticable Scottish brogue. Wore off after a while though.

To quote the great Jack Scagnetti, he "didn't want to talk like those a**holes" :)
To quote the great Ray Winstone in an interview, "at least we can properly speak the language that we invented, instead of those who changed it to suit their own." :)

Mike70
03-Feb-2008, 01:32 AM
He just lost trace of it from spending time in America. I lived in Scotland for a few months and came back with a noticable Scottish brogue. Wore off after a while though.

i would also think that growing up with an american mother probably would've effected his accent.