PDA

View Full Version : a cloverfield sequel...

Mike70
31-Jan-2008, 02:11 PM
found this at fangoria's news site. not surprising at all though.

January 31: CLOVERFIELD to be sequelized

Variety reports that Paramount is already gearing up to produce a sequel to its hit monster movie CLOVERFIELD (pictured), and is in discussions with Matt Reeves to return to the director's chair. The studio will also be bringing back producer J.J. Abrams and scriptwriter Drew Goddard, with work to presumably begin as soon as the current Writers Guild strike is over. CLOVERFIELD set a January box-office record this past month, grossing $46.1 million over the four-day Martin Luther King Day weekend, and although it took a steep drop in its second frame, it has so far taken in $65.8 million on a $25-million budget. �Michael Gingold

i think we need to add movie sequels to that old saying about death and taxes.

bassman
31-Jan-2008, 05:51 PM
I really enjoyed Cloverfield when I thought it would suck)....but I think this is a mistake. They're just going to answer a bunch of questions that should be left open. That's what made the movie so engrossing to me. I didn't know what the hell was going on. It really put you in the same shoes as the main characters.

Now they'll probably explain where the monster came from, it's mom will come looking for it(I read in an article with Reeves that the monster is a scared baby looking for it's mother:|), etc etc.

Danny
31-Jan-2008, 06:10 PM
Now they'll probably explain where the monster came from, it's mom will come looking for it(I read in an article with Reeves that the monster is a scared baby looking for it's mother:|), etc etc.

that wouldnt be THAT bad, i mean it does have that "thought the creature from ebfore was bad?, well that wa a baby, here comes the momma", could be worse i 'spose, could be godzilla, the maerican one, wich was thankfully killed by the real godzilla to some metal music and a flashy light show in sydney in 2004;)

bassman
31-Jan-2008, 06:20 PM
There's no way to compare the Cloverfield monster with Godzilla, really. They're nothing alike. Once you finally get a good shot of the monster in Cloverfield, the thing looks creepy. It's a cool aerial shot of the thing tearing the city up.

I'll definitely buy it when it's released on DVD. And I was thinking it would suck:rolleyes:. When do you guys get to see it over there?

Danny
31-Jan-2008, 06:21 PM
There's no way to compare the Cloverfield monster with Godzilla, really. They're nothing alike. Once you finally get a good shot of the monster in Cloverfield, the thing looks creepy. It's a cool aerial shot of the thing tearing the city up.

dont taunt me man, it doesnt come out over here for another 24 hours.

bassman
31-Jan-2008, 06:27 PM
Well...I really hope you don't get motion sickness. And don't eat at least 2 hours before you go.:p

tkane18
01-Feb-2008, 04:43 AM
Remember how good the Blair Witch sequels were? :eek:

bassman
01-Feb-2008, 11:42 AM
Remember how good the Blair Witch sequels were? :eek:

Wasn't there only one? A prequel called Book of Shadows or something like that...

Danny
01-Feb-2008, 12:23 PM
Wasn't there only one? A prequel called Book of Shadows or something like that...

there was a third that whent into production but luckily vanished without a trace, and to reiterate what isa di on here like a year ago "THERE WAS NO BOOK OF SHADOWS, NOR ANY OTHER SBUJECT IN THAT MOVIE!!":lol:

Arcades057
01-Feb-2008, 04:30 PM
Well...I really hope you don't get motion sickness. And don't eat at least 2 hours before you go.:p

Ain't that the truth.

I loved this movie. I thought the monster was going to be like Sin from Final Fantasy X, and that would've been cool with me. What the monster turned out to be, though, was frickin badass. The scene where they're running into the subway and it's right above them... wow.