PDA

View Full Version : highly laughable

acealive1
31-Jan-2008, 09:57 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080131/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_budget :lol:

he cuts virtually all domestic programs in favor of what? NOTHING

so basically we're paying for his mistakes in order to get out of a 400 billion dollar deficit.

"i envision a surplus" :lol::lol: of what? dumb ass people like yourself?

In his State of the Union address Monday, Bush said his budget envisioned a surplus in 2012. "American families have to balance their budgets, and so should their government," he said. no idea how in god's name that'll happen with the hole he's digging.

i got a better way to make the deficit shrink by 500 million by the time the election is over..........bring all the troops home. maybe lower pirces on things we buy? just a thought

Savings also would come by charging wealthier people higher monthly premiums for Medicare's drug program. wont happen because then he'd be paying more

Mike70
31-Jan-2008, 10:02 PM
bush is just such a huge joke and not a particularly good one either. thankfully we have less than a year to put with his stupidity.

Khardis
31-Jan-2008, 10:15 PM
Yes lets fix everything by abandoning Iraq and then "lowering the prices on things we buy" I don't recall the president having that particular power, you would think that they (Presidents) would do that all the time since it would be the best way to get re-elected.

acealive1
31-Jan-2008, 10:37 PM
Yes lets fix everything by abandoning Iraq and then "lowering the prices on things we buy" I don't recall the president having that particular power, you would think that they (Presidents) would do that all the time since it would be the best way to get re-elected.

lower prices means people will buy more and in turn the defecit will shrink because we're not digging that much further. they should try lowering gas prices to $1.25 for a solid 14 days and see how much the economy shoots up and also how much more things get purchased. they'd take a hit but its not unlike anything else that'd go on sale,u take a hit to maximize profit in order to sell more

bush is just such a huge joke and not a particularly good one either. thankfully we have less than a year to put with his stupidity.

agreed

Khardis
31-Jan-2008, 10:50 PM
lower prices means people will buy more and in turn the defecit will shrink because we're not digging that much further. they should try lowering gas prices to $1.25 for a solid 14 days and see how much the economy shoots up and also how much more things get purchased. they'd take a hit but its not unlike anything else that'd go on sale,u take a hit to maximize profit in order to sell more

Oh I agree lower prices = more purchase power of the public... but... I dunno. I must have missed it in Civics class, where did the President get the power to lower prices in a free market economy?

acealive1
31-Jan-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh I agree lower prices = more purchase power of the public... but... I dunno. I must have missed it in Civics class, where did the President get the power to lower prices in a free market economy?

they regulated prices on snacks...so why not gas?

Khardis
31-Jan-2008, 11:17 PM
they regulated prices on snacks...so why not gas?

Where do they regulate prices on snacks? Which snakes, who regulates them?

Gas is a commodity which is sold by many multinational companies. The president tells companies from South America, OPEC, China, Russia, and such that they cant sell their gas unless its for a 1.25 when they spend more than a 1.25 to get it to our market, will create what we call an economic melt down. Since they would rather not sell it to us and sell it to China say then to be brutalized economically by people who don't understand $$$ or economics.

clanglee
01-Feb-2008, 12:12 AM
[url]Savings also would come by charging wealthier people higher monthly premiums for Medicare's drug program. wont happen because then he'd be paying more

Not to mention the fact that Wealthier people don't need or use Medicare. They can afford better health plans usually.

Khardis
01-Feb-2008, 01:18 AM
Not to mention the fact that Wealthier people don't need or use Medicare. They can afford better health plans usually.

They should just let them opt out of it, as in cant use it, don't have to pay for it.

Minerva_Zombi
01-Feb-2008, 01:31 AM
They should just let them opt out of it, as in cant use it, don't have to pay for it.

This guy is really...really stupid. I think that pretty much sums that up for me. Go hug Ann Coulter's nuts some more and shut the **** up.

clanglee
01-Feb-2008, 01:40 AM

They can, and do, opt out of it. But that brings no more money in of course.

Khardis
01-Feb-2008, 01:44 AM
This guy is really...really stupid. I think that pretty much sums that up for me. Go hug Ann Coulter's nuts some more and shut the **** up.

I am confused, which part of letting the rich opt out of using medicare etc is hugging ann coulters nuts? The logic or the fairness?

They can, and do, opt out of it. But that brings no more money in of course.

Yeah but they don't use it either. So that takes no money out.

kortick
01-Feb-2008, 02:53 AM
There is no way the budget is going to be balanced
not with this war going on

and we cant just pull out of iraq, it will leave it too
unstable and if say iran or saudi gets control of the
oil fields it will be even worse.

Technically the president could lower gas prices
but it would only be thru using our reserves instead of importing
or cutting all state and federal tax on gas
it would lower the price and people would buy more stuff but the
loss of tax dollars would be disastrous.

we have to get out of iraq by getting them to take
control of their own country.

nothing will change after the election anyways
people blame congress for not doing anything
but the truth is everytime they try to pass a bill
bush just vetos it and they dont have a 66% majority
to override his veto, so bush is still doing what he wants
and congress is unable to change things.

Khardis may be strongly opinionated but he is not stupid
there are things he says i agree with and some i dont
but that is the case with most people.
besides when he gets a good rant going its showtime....

acealive1
01-Feb-2008, 03:03 AM
There is no way the budget is going to be balanced
not with this war going on

and we cant just pull out of iraq, it will leave it too
unstable and if say iran or saudi gets control of the
oil fields it will be even worse.

do u even know what you just said?

if thats true,then gas should be $50 a gallon after we left iraq the first time in the early 90's they arent babies,they can take care of themselves without help from us

kortick
01-Feb-2008, 04:35 AM
Ace

Gulf war I we removed Iraq from kuwiat so
saddam didnt control thier oil fields

once kuwait was liberated we left the area

this war we totally destroyed the country and killed
its leaders and the whole government.
Plus we didnt occupy their country for 5 years
last time either.

it is a complete 100% difference

there is no way to compare dessert storm
with this disaster of a war

we didnt destroy them last time
we put embargos on them that nobody really enforced
that is why oil didnt go up

this is a whole new ball game.

I can't even begin to imagine how you can compare the
two situations. You really don't see them as being
the same do you?

(btw- Hard Times from Dynasty playing)

Marie
01-Feb-2008, 05:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080131/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_budget i got a better way to make the deficit shrink by 500 million by the time the election is over..........bring all the troops home. maybe lower pirces on things we buy? just a thought

Nixon tried the whole wage/price freeze thing, it didn't work. In the words of Rocky Squirrel, "That trick NEVER works". Things cost a certain amount to produce, take away the profit motive and people lose interest and stop producing that thing. Reference "Gas Lines".

Savings also would come by charging wealthier people higher monthly premiums for Medicare's drug program. wont happen because then he'd be paying more

HE (Bush) Won't be paying anything, trust me, we take good care of former Presidents and Congresspeople, and WE pay for it.

M_

SRP76
01-Feb-2008, 06:04 PM

People don't want to hear that. It's almost impossible to praise/bitch about the hundreds of people that are actually in control. So, people just give the credit to/moan and groan about the most recognizable singular person: the President.

It's been going on for numerous Presidents now....

Terran
01-Feb-2008, 07:16 PM
Gas isnt getting cheaper and likely never will while being a power source....I imagine by summer time in the USA gas will be about 4-5$ a gallon if not more....most people in the buisness say Oil production is very close to peaking...or may have already peaked.... (see "Hubberts Peak")....

Dont even get me started about what the implications of this mean.....

http://www.daviddylanthomas.com/wp-content/uploads/blog/atop50action/road_warrior.jpg
Jokes aside our government isnt really capable of dealing with serious issues like this proactively....and they cant be dealt with retroactively without collateral damage.....(I mean experts have been predicting this since the 70s and there hasnt been a smidge of progress)

:stunned:

MinionZombie
02-Feb-2008, 12:12 PM
Speaking of petrol, it's something retarded like £1.09 here in the UK per litre, never mind per gallon.

Mike70
02-Feb-2008, 03:24 PM
Speaking of petrol, it's something retarded like £1.09 here in the UK per litre, never mind per gallon.

jesus h. in a chariot driven sidecar that is more than $8 a gal! okay. i'll never bitch about gas prices over here again which currently stand at $2.98/gal in my town.

acealive1
02-Feb-2008, 03:38 PM
jesus h. in a chariot driven sidecar that is more than $8 a gal! okay. i'll never bitch about gas prices over here again which currently stand at $2.98/gal in my town.

which means its $4 there. dont get so scared,bro. their dollar(pound) is almost double ours.

MinionZombie
02-Feb-2008, 06:30 PM
Sweet music to my British ears. :)

Then of course there's the ridiculous case of Tax on our fuel, the vast majority of it is Tax ... then there's VAT as well, sheesh...bah, the grubby hands of gubment...

*wanders off muttering like a grumpy old fart* :D

Khardis
02-Feb-2008, 06:43 PM
which means its $4 there. dont get so scared,bro. their dollar(pound) is almost double ours.

Yeah per LITER, not per Gallon. its almost 4 liters PER gallon.

Sweet music to my British ears. :)

Then of course there's the ridiculous case of Tax on our fuel, the vast majority of it is Tax ... then there's VAT as well, sheesh...bah, the grubby hands of gubment...

*wanders off muttering like a grumpy old fart* :D

Same here, i read that something like 50% of our gas cost is taxes, local, state and federal taxes.

MinionZombie
02-Feb-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.petrolprices.com/fuel-tax.html

Last one on that graph, 2007 and a litre of unleaded:

95.1 pence ... of which 63.7 pence is pure tax.

Duty and VAT - and they charge VAT on the Duty as well if I'm not mistaken. :rolleyes:

Now unleaded is £1.07, diesel is £1.10...and I think fuel is going up another 2p with the new budget from that badger haired, no-confidence-inspiring plonker who's now the big man with the big cheque book.

Mike70
02-Feb-2008, 06:54 PM

4 liters to the gallon ace. 4 liters.